The first night we checked into our room we weren't blown away but we figured not bad it could be worse... sort of. We requested a king bed on the ground floor, we were traveling with our 2 year old and he loves to run around and make noise we figured ground floor was best and the room was at the back of the hotel perfect location for us. Well we opened up the drawers on the desk and one side wasn't a drawer it was a flat area meant for writing or a computer mouse and we found marijuana "pieces" and some papers leftover from whoever was rolling joints. We called the front desk informed them of this and they didn't have too much to say so my husband told them he just wanted them to know what was found and that he was going to flush it so in case later on if somebody found more that we were unaware of they wouldn't think it was from our stay. We were in bit of a bind, it was late and we were scheduled to stay for an extended amount of time so we agreed to just suck it up and stay in the room we did however give the room a thorough shakedown in case there were other "surprises" laying around. The room itself was decent sized, I read some reviews saying they were doing some renovations and replacing the carpets. Not sure if our room was renovated or not, it wasn't brand spanking new but the carpet was nice looking no stains or holes in it. One of the walls was painted red, whoever did the painting didn't stay in the lines and there were small splotches of red paint on the opposite walls/ceiling. The closet was super tiny, as well as the bathroom and sink area. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were not, they were very firm and large neck-kinkers as my husband called them. There was a chair and ottoman in the corner, the chair was nice but the ottoman had a long rip in the middle of it about 5 inches long. The overall shape of the room was ok, it was tidy and clean and it was comfortable enough for us to enjoy our stay while there. The town of Holbrook is so small I didn't see too many hotels that we would even consider staying so this is probably the best hotel you will find. The outside is nice with a lane of lights that lead you to the front of the hotel, the parking lot is decent sized and always clean. The staff are very helpful they made us feel very welcome. Another nice perk is the breakfast, not your typical toast, cold cereal and juice with a foil top kind of meal. There are convenient stores within walking distance, one right next to the hotel and one across the street that stays open 24hrs. There are also fast food places within walking distance as well. If you are looking for a place to sleep for the night or to stay a few days I would recommend this hotel because It is just off the interstate and its a fair price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Lexington Inn located in Holbrook, AZ! You will find our hotel convenient to many of the local historic and natural attractions. Explore Historic Route 66 nostalgia including the Wigwams, Historic Roxy Theater, and the Holbrook & Navajo County Museum. Within a short driving distance, explore the Petrified Forest & Painted Desert. After a day of exploring, return to the hotel and take a refreshing dip in our indoor pool and hot tub. Relax in one of our comfortable guestrooms and join us in the morning for our complimentary breakfast which includes everything you need to get the day started off right. We are just off of I-40 exit 286, with free parking, guest laundry, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, and a Native American Art Gallery & Gift Shop. We look forward to welcoming you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lexington Inn - Holbrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Holbrook - Navajo Blvd. Hotel Holbrook
- Holiday Inn Holbrook
- Holbrook Holiday Inn
- Lexington Inn - Holbrook Arizona