“Very clean.”

Magnuson Hotel Adobe Holbrook
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We didn't plan to stay nowhere we was going to drive thru the night but got so sleepy we had to find a room.We are so happy we found this motel I couldn't have found one online any better.They have coffee,frig,microwave and a flat screen tv with HBO and they also have free wifi and it was right on Route 66.I would plan to stay if I went back thru.

Gadsden,Al

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We arrived in Holbrook on our journey along Route 66, tired+ dusty, to find an almost derelict looking building. The pool was almost on the Main Street, the bath had little flies in it and every time a train went by the whole room shook. The staff at reception were surly and appeared as if they'd rather be anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were booked into this 'motel' for part of our journey across Route 66. First of all we could not understand why we were stopping in Holbrook at all but went along with the plans anyway, on arrival the motel looks ok, basic but clean appearance. We went into the reception to check in and were faced with one of the most vile, rude and unhelpful women we have ever met, we were given the room keys as she mumbled the door number, no information about the area, no information about breakfast, no information on checking out time, in fact no information at all!! The room itself was very basic, the telephone did not work, fridge was not at all cold, the room door did not open or close without some force, the air conditioning was the loudest I have ever heard, possibly to compete with the sound of trains rushing past constantly. We were only staying here for 1 night so did not bother asking to switch rooms (didn't think the unhelpful lady on the desk would have done much about it anyway). We decided to go to the pool as it was an extremely hot day and there was nothing else around here to do, my husband collected the towels from the reception, on laying them out they were covered in yellow stains and holes. The pool was also filthy, pool side tables and loungers were filthy and the vending machine did not work. We planned to leave as early as possible the next morning, believing there was no breakfast included as it had not been mentioned (probably would not have eaten here anyway as it is so dirty) so got everything ready to go and went to get in the shower, the bathroom wasn't the best to begin with but as I went to turn the shower on I noticed lots of tiny fly/flea looking creatures sitting in the bath, then more all nestled on the towels and more all over the basin and surrounding areas. Most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. Should also mention the dodgy location, lots of druggy looking guys around, we were quite concerned about parking our car here. This hotel should be shut down. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

It is not the prettiest location and there are train tracks running RIGHT behind the property. None of that bothered me. I was there for price and proximity to the Petrified forest national park. I suspect the building itself has been there for a while, but the rooms were clean, updated and furnished nicely. The desk clerks were not the most energetic, but still very nice, efficient and helpful. The pool is small, but my kids and I had a great time in it. The Steakhouse next door is pricey but good. Breakfast was pretty typical for an included breakfast. Overall - Great Value, would not hesitate to recommend the property for what it is.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Upon arrival to Holbrook, on our travels through Route 66, I was a little concerned as to why we had been placed in Holbrook at all! I have to say the area didn't feel very safe and was certainly not as welcoming another places we have been on this route. The Magnuson Adobe Inn was no exception, with a sullen receptionist to book us in, he gave us very basic information about the area. The room was okay, but basic and the door didn't shut properly, unless you gave it a good slam. This is one of those places that opens straight onto the street and this was not a street you want to open straight on to. The room was clean and serviceable, but I am sorry to say it is not a place I would recommend staying. I just didn't feel safe. Surprisingly, I did sleep comfortably though.

Room Tip: I just don't advise staying in Holbrook.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This hotel was horrible. It is actually a motel, not a hotel, for starters. There was little ticks and fleas flying everywhere in the hotel. The shower was so hard to turn on, you had to be a body builder to turn the thing on! The air vent was extremely loud, you can not sleep. We tried to turn the heat on, and it blew cold air! The room was extremely cold, too. I would never recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank Tallulah S
Reviewed 5 June 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! We stopped at this hotel late at night, hoping to find a cheaper place to stay and we were disappointed at the results we got. Outside there were a bunch of shady looking men running around being rowdy with each other and banging on cars. The shower in the joke of a bathroom didn't drain, and there were issues with turning it off. We found that you had to push extremely hard, which could be a problem for older people or children. There was only 1/2 a role of toilet paper left in the bathroom, and just a few tissues in the tissue box. It seemed like the room hadn't been cleaned well. There were tiny fleas and other bugs circling around the bathroom area and the towels, a lot of dead ones as well lying on the counter top by the sink. Late at night when we wanted to find a vending machine, we went to get change at the front desk. The lady working there was heavily overcome by drugs and was barely conscious or able to speak. The other workers weren't any more helpful (or drug-free) as you would hope they would be. After the whole experience with the drugged up worker, we come to find the vending machine doesn't even work. Wow. The phone that should call to the front desk didn't work, come to find there wasn't really anyone at the front desk besides the drugged up lady who wasn't able to process what we tried to ask her. There wasn't any heat in the room, it was freezing and when we put the heat on, it only got colder. The heating system was extremely loud as well and the combination of the cold and noise made it nearly impossible to sleep. The fridge in the room didn't really cool well, the cold water stays hot for about fifteen seconds and the breakfast was nothing more than average. Well, somewhat under average I would say. It looked unclean and there wasn't the best selection of food. All I can say is, if you stay here after reading this, good luck to you!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you can avoid it. Paying an extra 10 bucks to go to a hotel without all of th...
1  Thank Savannah S