“Better than Expected”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Glasgow
“Better than Expected”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We arrived at this hotel expecting the worst having read previous reviews. My husband and I stayed for one night whilst travelling route 66. The hotel is right on route and next to the Wig Wam Motel. The male receptionist managed to check us in without so much as glancing up at us. The female receptionist who we met upon check out was much more friendly. The room did have a strange smell and was a little tired however it was clean enough and we slept well. They offered free wifi and parking outside the door. There was a decent size pool and vending machines in the middle of the lot. Breakfast was also included; boiled eggs, waffles, muffins, biscuits and gravy etc. We did not have any issues with train or people noise and we did not at anytime feel unsafe. I can see how the first page of the welcome book may concern guests. (don't answer doors, dead bolts, never leave valuables etc) We ate at a local Chinese and overall had a great night in Holbrook at the Empty Pockets Saloon playing pool. The Hotel was fine for a one night stop over.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We didn't plan to stay nowhere we was going to drive thru the night but got so sleepy we had to find a room.We are so happy we found this motel I couldn't have found one online any better.They have coffee,frig,microwave and a flat screen tv with HBO and they also have free wifi and it was right on Route 66.I would plan to stay if I went back thru.

Gadsden,Al

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We arrived in Holbrook on our journey along Route 66, tired+ dusty, to find an almost derelict looking building. The pool was almost on the Main Street, the bath had little flies in it and every time a train went by the whole room shook. The staff at reception were surly and appeared as if they'd rather be anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Holbrook hotels

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were booked into this 'motel' for part of our journey across Route 66. First of all we could not understand why we were stopping in Holbrook at all but went along with the plans anyway, on arrival the motel looks ok, basic but clean appearance. We went into the reception to check in and were faced with one of the most vile, rude and unhelpful women we have ever met, we were given the room keys as she mumbled the door number, no information about the area, no information about breakfast, no information on checking out time, in fact no information at all!! The room itself was very basic, the telephone did not work, fridge was not at all cold, the room door did not open or close without some force, the air conditioning was the loudest I have ever heard, possibly to compete with the sound of trains rushing past constantly. We were only staying here for 1 night so did not bother asking to switch rooms (didn't think the unhelpful lady on the desk would have done much about it anyway). We decided to go to the pool as it was an extremely hot day and there was nothing else around here to do, my husband collected the towels from the reception, on laying them out they were covered in yellow stains and holes. The pool was also filthy, pool side tables and loungers were filthy and the vending machine did not work. We planned to leave as early as possible the next morning, believing there was no breakfast included as it had not been mentioned (probably would not have eaten here anyway as it is so dirty) so got everything ready to go and went to get in the shower, the bathroom wasn't the best to begin with but as I went to turn the shower on I noticed lots of tiny fly/flea looking creatures sitting in the bath, then more all nestled on the towels and more all over the basin and surrounding areas. Most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. Should also mention the dodgy location, lots of druggy looking guys around, we were quite concerned about parking our car here. This hotel should be shut down. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 July 2013

It is not the prettiest location and there are train tracks running RIGHT behind the property. None of that bothered me. I was there for price and proximity to the Petrified forest national park. I suspect the building itself has been there for a while, but the rooms were clean, updated and furnished nicely. The desk clerks were not the most energetic, but still very nice, efficient and helpful. The pool is small, but my kids and I had a great time in it. The Steakhouse next door is pricey but good. Breakfast was pretty typical for an included breakfast. Overall - Great Value, would not hesitate to recommend the property for what it is.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
wales, uk
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Upon arrival to Holbrook, on our travels through Route 66, I was a little concerned as to why we had been placed in Holbrook at all! I have to say the area didn't feel very safe and was certainly not as welcoming another places we have been on this route. The Magnuson Adobe Inn was no exception, with a sullen receptionist to book us in, he gave us very basic information about the area. The room was okay, but basic and the door didn't shut properly, unless you gave it a good slam. This is one of those places that opens straight onto the street and this was not a street you want to open straight on to. The room was clean and serviceable, but I am sorry to say it is not a place I would recommend staying. I just didn't feel safe. Surprisingly, I did sleep comfortably though.

Room Tip: I just don't advise staying in Holbrook.