“We'll be back!”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Wichita
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

For some reason, we typically have bad luck with hotels in Arizona & New Mexico (they become part of family legends - they're that horrible) but this one was a very nice surprise. No, not fancy - but definitely clean and the staff (owners?) were all wonderful.

Check-in was quick & easy. The room was exactly what we needed: Two comfy (clean!) beds, a refrigerator and a microwave. There was plenty of food at breakfast & everyone found something they liked. We didn't use the pool, but we walked by it on our way to the ice machine and it looked just fine.

We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank CJ_Bren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for a night. Its comfortable . Had wifi problem which were sorted out for us. Coffee machine had no creamer .
Fine to stay for a night. The beds shake a bit with heavy trucks passing by. Depends on where the room is located. If you are not too picky it is fine to stay in .

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Abhi D
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for one night. It wasn't fancy but it was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The steakhouse next door was great and the breakfast bar, while not extravagant, was much better than many places I've stayed. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank MelodyMc1852
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very nice stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful with my questions. The room was very good sized, clean and well kept up. The beds were nice and comfortable with four pillows, had a great night sleep. I thought the place was pretty quite, being that I live in the middle of the country, I was worried about the trains, I could hear them but not bothersome at all. They did not affect my stay at all. Great parking for my pick up and trailer easy in and easy out. Outstanding breakfast with many selections with a nice big seating area for everyone to sit comfortably. The restaurant next door was good. but I thought it was a little pricy for the food I got. The staff there was also very nice and friendly. The price was very reasonable for the services they provide, and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mark F
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way through from Albuquerque. The lady in reception was friendly and very helpful with recommending somewhere to eat. We had a good size room which was comfortable and clean. We had a issue with the front door as it wouldn't always shut, but if you slammed it hard enough it would catch. But apart from this it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeeFirek
Prewitt, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Bathroom door fell off the hinge in my hand when I shut it. There was no hot water in the sink. The towels had scary yellow stains on them. The potty would not flush. The heat was stuck on high, so we could choose to freeze or melt. The bed was really hard. The soap labels had been whittled on ad to not reveal what hotel they had been stolen from. The TV reception was so bad you couldn't see the screen.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronnie S

Travellers are raving about these Holbrook hotels

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have stayed here several times while traveling between Arizona and New Mexico. I usually get a great deal on this hotel using Priceline Express Deals.

Pros: Good internet service. The rooms are nicely updated with a comfortable decor, good sized and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Great value through Priceline. Definitely a solid 2 star property.

Cons: Strangely enough, the ice machine and vending machines are located out inside the fenced pool area which is basically in the parking lot. If you don't ask, you'd probably never find it.

Other: The AC worked okay and was not too noisy, for a window-type unit. I felt comfortable and fairly safe staying here, despite rooms that open to the exterior, which I am normally not fond of. There is a free breakfast but it's just the basics, yogurt, cerial, juice, fruit, small pastries, hard boiled eggs, toast, english muffins, and make-your-own waffles.

Holbrook itself is about half ghost town, like many of the smaller towns in the Southwest that are past their "Route 66" heyday, but I like the quiet nature of this little town. It's very convenient to I40 and there are a few interesting shops in town.

Room Tip: Near the end of the building would help minimize foot traffic past your window. All rooms open to th...