“Miserable Night”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“Miserable Night”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have to give this a poor rating, because of maintenance, and service. It was what was to be expected of a Quality Inn, but when we checked our room the toilet did not flush without holding the handle down and repeating 3 or 4 times. The in valve also leaked. When my wife reported it we were told they would try to contact maint., we were not offered another room. We never heard back and suffered with it all evening. At check out I told them again and advised them not to let anyone use it. Got an "OK". After reviewing it on the Choice Hotel site, I received an email from the manager, saying in effect that he talked to me and I said we had our lugggage in the room and I turned down the option to move, also that I was OK with it, and that He talked to me in the am and gave me a discount, in the am he found nothing wrong. He never talked to me, we were not unpacked, never met the manager, and never got a discount. Large puddle on floor should have been a clue

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken F
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Ken,

I was the one who met with you when you first arrived, and I apologize for the miscommunication and for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. It is our policy that if any of our guests are not satisfied with their rooms we will move them to another especially if it relates to a plumbing or maintenance problem as serious as yours. I have also mailed a copy of your bill to you where you will see a room discount which I gave you when we met the following morning upon your check-out. I had apologized to you then, and I apologize to you again for your experience and for our miscommunication.

Aimee Yazzie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Stoughton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 June 2014

As a Diamond Elite member of Choice Hotels, all facilities are required to upgrade my reservation if available. On check in I was neither recognized as a Diamond Elite Member nor did I receive my upgrade. Eventually, after fighting with the front desk clerk, she called the owner and we got the upgrade. How I love to go to war with 21 year old clerks!!!

The breakfast was terrible. The coffee was so watered down it hardly looked like a cup of strong tea. The eggs were those prefabbed disks that were left so long in the warmer that the perimeter was crisp. The sausage disks didn't look much better. The only fruit they had were oranges, no apples, no bananas.

When I voiced my complaints at checkout the staff was not even concerned. All in all, a pretty bad stay.

On the positive side, the WiFi signal was good and the beds were acceptable. However, the pillows were rocks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank The_Road_Warrior_63
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Ross,

Thank you for your review. I understand that you had booked our lowest category room which is a single Queen and had insisted on a King upgrade upon check-in because of your status. Our staff did acknowledge your membership status by upgrading you to one of our popular first floor rooms. In addition, even though your Elite membership did not entitle you to this, we also upgraded you to a Double Queen room to pacify you. Unfortunately, upon check out you had threatened to give us an awful review on Tripadvisor as you did not get your way and you have carried out your threat. I am sorry that we could not meet all your demands, however I believe we have tried our best to meet them. I do thank you for staying with us and I wish you all the best.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Upon my arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful the room was very clean and had NO lingering order of any so called air freshener spray, which was refreshing . Even though Air freshener spray may smell fresh, it does nothing more than POLLUTE the air it does not freshen it. The bed was very comfortable the room was great. I was traveling solo and thought the room rate for one person should have been about $10 less than what i paid.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank R B
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear RB,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you find our room condition to your satisfaction. However, in regards to the room rate, I am sorry that we could not reduce the rate as our room rates are based on double occupancy. We do offer good discounts for AAA and AARP members though.

Thank you again for your review.

Ardgroom, Ireland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We thought we were staying in the Comfort Inn but they had changed their name to the Quality Inn the week before. Girl at reception was fantastic and could not have been more helpful. The following morning was Easter Sunday and she directed us to the church. Fr. O'Keefe's grandfather was from Cork, Ireland. The Mass was beautiful and the choir with 11 guitars was fabulous. Great place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Trish D
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Trish,

Thank you very much for your review and I am very glad that you had a great experience staying with us. The motel name was changed to the Quality Inn as we have a new owner who purchased the property recently. He has upgraded the facilities and will continue to do so over the next few months so that our guests will have a pleasant stay with us. In the meantime, we truly appreciate reviews like yours as we need as many of them as possible in order to build a great reputation for us since our name change.

GM
Maryland, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The Rooms were a very nice size. The Rooms were very clean and the Staff was very friendly. The Breakfast was good not as much as you would get at one of the larger hotels. Rooms have microwave and frig. Only downfall was the pool was not open. I Would stay there again when in the area.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Michele8567
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding our breakfast which was not up to your expectations. I will look into how we can do a better job. However, I am very glad that you find our guestroom layout and cleanliness to your satisfaction. I do apologize for the pool being unavailable as it is a seasonal pool. We do look forward to your return.

Sincerly,

Aimee Y.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This Quality Inn had it all:
Clean, helpful staff, restaurant within walking distance & easy parking for our truck & boat/trailer (not always a given). Pet Friendly is important to us & having the rooms already identified & on the first floor was great. Many of the Choice Hotels list free breakfast, but this one is HOT & freshly made, biscuits, gravy, sausage & fluffy eggs (not rubbery) & those wonderful waffles! I can't believe anyone who stays here would give anything but HIGH marks!

Room Tip: Be specific as far as needs, for us is was parking & pets, the first floor rooms next to the bac...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Ruth H
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Ruth,

Thank you very much for your positive review, and I am glad that you find that the motel exceeded your expectations. Our ground floor rooms are always very popular with our guests for the reasons which you mentioned. Though I am happy that you had a great stay with us, we will continue to strive to improve our breakfast experience as well as our room condition. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in town and we truly appreciate your patronage.

Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Very nice, recently refurbished 2Q room; very clean & plenty of room around beds; single small nightstand between beds; could have used another nightstand as there was plenty of room between window & 1st bed. Cabinet w/refrigerator & microwave along wall with tv; table & chairs also placed along wall which seemed to be a great move since otherwise like in other hotels, the table & chairs are directly in front of the AC unit which then blows on you if you’re sitting there or blocks the air from circulating. There was also an overhead light in the space between window & 1st bed but no light over the table. Refrigerator worked very well & even had a freezer compartment that was able to freeze our water bottles we use for ice packs.

Breakfast not up to usual Comfort Inn standards. At 7:30am there was very little sausage (6 lukewarm links) and nothing else on the 2nd warming tray; 3 hardboiled eggs, 1 yogurt, 2 types of dry cereal, some instant oatmeal packets, a few mini donuts & bagels. There were 2 flavors of the make-your-own waffles. Coffee was also lukewarm. Breakfast was from 6am-9am so would not expect to have things run out. If we had noticed earlier, we would have gone to the restaurant next door.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Catherine W
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Catherine,

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding our breakfast which was not up to your expectations. I will look into how we can do a better job in re-stocking the breakfast line timely as well as to ensure that the coffee stays hot. However, I am very glad that you find our guestroom layout and cleanliness to your satisfaction. The new owner of the motel had just recently purchased new mattresses for some of the rooms and we will also be replacing all the drapes in the next few weeks.

Sincerely.