“Motel6 Holbrook STILL 5 Stars!”
Review of Motel 6 Holbrook

Motel 6 Holbrook
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
New Mexico
“Motel6 Holbrook STILL 5 Stars!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Motel 6 in Holbrook, AZ deserves an award from the CEO's at Motel 6 for representing their company so well.
It's WAY off the VERY busy highway, so it's VERY quiet.
It's only 2 stories high and not a party town, so the motel itself is VERY quiet.
The price is VERY right, from $34.99 for a VERY clean room and clean facilities.
What more can you ask for I say....not much. Sure there's no coffee maker, foo foo furniture and fancy landscaping. But for the trip that takes you this way, do yourself a favor and stay here as opposed to the VERY noisy and hustle and bustle of Flagstaff. I made that mistake on this trip and will not do that again. Good going Holbrook staff, you do Motel 6 well.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for giving our property such a positive review. We appreciate the comments and of course knowing that we were able to make your trip and stay with us very pleasant. With the affordable rate to the cleanliness of the room, we go that extra mile to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Its great to know we were able to accommodate you easily off of I-40 and giving you the luxury of a quiet nights rest without train noises or traffic. We have expanded our lobby with a lounge area for coffee or internet browsing. We would like to invite you back again to experience our new additions. We are positive you will enjoy the new lobby! Thank you again for choosing Motel 6!

We look forward to serving you in the near future! Best wishes from our team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 March 2013

(From my other reviews you may know I am not a big fan of Motel 6’s, due to the small rooms and ‘generally’ hard beds … but I am cheap)

FOOD … and price were the reason I stopped here tonight. Other motels were close to the same price and included breakfast, but I don’t eat usually breakfast. But I do eat in the evening and Denny’s was right next door.

Two items put this in one of a kind.
1) Three computers in the check in area for customer use
2) Grills in the pool area

Also rare for Motel 6’s, free internet and actual truck parking that is graded and covered with crushed rock.

Beyond that, this is an old motel that has started to upgrade. My room had the new ‘wood’ floor and new style bedding, but old bed, old sink style (which I prefer) and old style TV (as I was leaving in the AM I could see other rooms did have new flat screen TV’s.) I don’t watch TV so not an issue.

This room only had a shower, no tub. Again, not an issue for me, in 10 years on the road I have never taken a bath (only showers).

The room only had one bed so it didn’t seem as crowded as those with two beds

It met my basics, clean, quiet room and hot water. The truck parking and free internet were a plus and the price was right.

… I’ll have to look, is this the first ‘6 I’ve given a 5?

(I also took pictures of this ‘6, usually I do not)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
We certainly appreciate the feedback and of course for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona. We’re glad to have met your satisfaction and would like to invite you to return. As you mentioned we’re in the process of upgrading our rooms. Our rooms have the new laminated wood floors and slowly upgrading to the 32 inch flat screen televisions. Our restrooms feature the granite counter tops and European inspired showers. We also appreciate you noticing our truck parking and the Dennys restaurant next door. The business center in the lobby adds a convenient touch when you need access to the internet for business or to browse. We have the free internet connection in all buildings and our courtyard. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next visit in the area. Thank you from our staff here at Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona.
Holbrook, Arizona
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I was stuck in Arizona for ten weeks on a trip out from Pennsylvania for an internship type of experience. I decided to stay at the Motel 6 because of their weekly rates. The staff was always very hospitable to me. This hotel is more distant from downtown Holbrook (and in a better part of town). All of the fast food restaurants are nearby, Denny's is next door, other localities are just down the road. I never had much faith in the Motel 6 chain. But this hotel was very nice. It was very clean. No desert pests of any kind were present. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in Holbrook!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you with great hospitality and experiencing our property here in Holbrook, Arizona. We’re happy to offer weekly rates to any long term visitors or just even a few days. We’re located in the upper part of town where we its convenient for our guests to get access to local restaurants and historic sites. We really appreciate the positive feedback and praises you have given our property. We look forward to possibly serving you again in the future. Thank you for recommending our motel. Best of luck to you!
Albuquerque
Reviewed 3 March 2013

It has been some years since I stayed at a Motel 6, but on this quick overnight trip to Phoenix it seemed silly to pay more and the Tripadvisor reviews were positive. The room was as I remembered from other Motel 6 properties...about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of other hotel chains with minimal decor.

The full-sized beds were firm but if you are over about 5'8" your feet will hang off the bottom edge of the bed. Due to the size of the room one bed was pushed up against a wall, and the other was up against the window (in other words there was no room to walk on one side of each bed). Thankfully it was not too cold outside or the bed against the window could have been a little chilly.

The floor was laminate wood--a first in my hotel experience. This would not be my choice for remodeling a hotel room as it is cold and uncomfortable to walk on, especially for a late night trip to the bathroom. The central heating system was quiet but took a while to warm up the room.

There was a refrigerator and microwave which is a perk not expected in this price range, and a small older tv. The bathroom was spartan (soap but no shampoo, and two bath towels in a room that can sleep four), but clean and remodeled with a granite sink counter and a 3/4 circle corner shower.

Check in and out was quick and easy and the 24-hour Denny's adjacent to the hotel was convenient. All-in-all, for about $44 including tax the Motel 6 was ok for a night--just about what I expected.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your experience with us here at the Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona. We appreciate the positive remarks and of course choosing us for your travel needs. We recently updated our property and of course our rooms in which you have noticed. We added laminated wood floors to all of our first floor rooms and still have a few rooms on the second floor with carpets. Just to accommodate some of our guests who would feel more comfortable. We would like to invite you back again to experience our new extended lobby and courtyard. We are adding a few new features to our rooms such as 32 inch televisions. We want to make sure all our guests get the experience they deserve with the prices we offer and keep. If your ever in the area again please stop on by even for a visit and explore our new updated property. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona.
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I've had several experiences staying at this Motel 6 in Holbrook over the years, and I keep coming back. The big advantage this Motel 6 has over other lodgings in Holbrook - besides the price - is its free and available desktop computers with flatscreen monitors and a printer. Some years ago, they had maybe a dozen of them off to the west side of the lobby. Nowadays they have three with a printer (25 cents per sheet charge) located on the east side of the lobby. These are available 24 hours a day, as the lobby and front desk are open 24 hours daily, a real plus for this small town. It makes sense to have desktop computers for especially the budget traveler as the budget traveler may not necessarily have (or afford) a laptop computer. So many thanks to this Motel 6 for having them. I have never had a problem here getting to an unused computer - in good working order - for my communicational needs over the last several years.

OK, so enough of my enthusiasm for computer and Internet availability. The front desk staff knows what they are doing, and are quick to provide what you need. As a bonus, on my return trip, they even remembered me on sight! On the ball people who work here and take pride in what they do. Plenty of parking for cars and even RVs and moving trucks/vans with trailers.

The room is the new laminate flooring, which most Motel 6 properties have by now. Microwave, dorm style fridge, television with cable/satellite service (about 20 channels) and the cubicle shower stall now de riguer in Motel 6 properties.

Beds were a mixed bag this trip. The first bed seemed fine, no lumps, no bumps, no backs broken. The second bed (in a different room than the first) seemed to be on the lumpy side. That may be because the night before - and a few nights before that - I was sleeping on a new mattress. Still, it was not the most comfortable bed for that night. Not gonna leave because of it, but do keep in mind the fact not all mattresses in a Motel 6 - or in any lodging at any price - is always in excellent or new condition. Was I able to get a good night's rest on it? Yes. Would I ask for a different mattress if I had stayed there another night? Yes. These mattresses are twin size, two to a room, just so you know.

On my return visit this trip, I got an unexpected discount: the water pressure in a good portion of Holbrook was out of commission, my desk clerk informed me. Of course he let me know several of his competitors nearby (which he named by name) had the same problem. I decided to get the room anyway, figuring that the utilities and police were going to get it fixed rather quickly. I was right. . . and the room cost me around $7 less for the night than it did when I was there last at the start of my trip. Not a bad deal to make in snowy weather when you have a hard enough time leaving town due to poor Winter driving conditions, eh? (wink)

Motel 6 properties in rural small towns are almost always a good deal; safe, clean, and friendly with great service. Holbrook's Motel 6 is no exception. This is one to rely on here in Navajo Country in Arizona, with a competitive price. Well worth your consideration as you travel these parts.

Room Tip: They're all good rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Underdog_SPP
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona and of course for taking the time to post a review on your experience with us. We’re happy to know you were able to take advantage of the free business center in our 24 hour lobby. We’ve added an extension to our lobby to add a seating area along with a coffee bar. We recently added laminated wood floors to our rooms and adding 32 inch televisions. Making our guests feel much more comfortable and relaxed. Thank you for being so patient with us during the little water trouble we had during your stay. We assure you that we will make sure your stay with us again is comfortable as can be if your ever in the area again. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona. Best of luck to you!
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We go to the USA very frequently and use the Motel 6 chain for over 60 nights every year as we travel around.
Holbrook is certainly one of the best. As you enter the reception you just know it is a place that is managed by enthusiastic people. Three new flat screen monitors for guests free use - free wi-fi in all the rooms - the reception staff we met exuded customer service - on our last trip we went out of our way to go back there

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
First and foremost we would like to give a big thank you for returning back to our location. Its always nice to hear such a positive review from our returning guests. We have improved our WiFi service as well as our business center in the lobby. We have extended our lobby and have added a seating area to relax or enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee. We would like to invite you again and experience our new addition. Thank you again for returning back and we look forward to more future arrivals. Best wishes!
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

This motel 6 is quite nice. Service was fast and top notch. Rooms are nothing special but are upgraded. Beds are nice and comfortable. Has a mini fridge and microwave , no extra charge. The best wifi connection and speed I've ever had at a motel!!! Ever!! And its free. Lobby has computers and a printer to use as well. Nice and quite location. $49.99 for three adults on a Saturday night was awesome. Only draw back is the rooms could be a bit larger and beds are only full size not queen. Otherwise 5 stars

• Stayed January 2013
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
We’d like to thank you for your positive feedback and your business. We’re happy to know that we were able to make your stay with us comfortable and affordable. We added our free amenities to make our guests feel right at home. We’re glad to know you enjoyed our free WiFi connection and was able to use it without any trouble. We sure hope to have you back again to experience our new lobby. Thank you from the staff for choosing our location here in Holbrook, Arizona. Come see us again!