“Great Stay at a Very Reasonable Price”
Review of Motel 6 Holbrook

Motel 6 Holbrook
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed at the Motel 6 in Holbrook for 3 nights while we toured the various attractions in the area. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff is efficient and the room was immaculate. The rooms are on the small size, but comfortably hold a queen size bed, a table, desk and 2 chairs. The WiFI was the quickest and easiest to access I've found at any motel or hotel regardless of cost of the room. Unlike some of the higher price places you don't automatically go to a motel page before you can get at the web. There is an attractive patio in the center courtyard complete with grills. There is no breakfast, but decent coffee is available in the lobby and there is a Denny's next door and a great donut shop about half a mile away. The tables are under umbrellas so sitting there is comfortable. The pool is inviting. Dogs are welcome and there is not additional charge. At $44 per night for two people and two dogs you can't beat the value..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review and to share your experience you had with us. Giving you incredible service and affordable rates is our number one priority. We want to make sure all our guests are comfortable and taken care of from check in to check out. With our new features and new look we want to give you the ultimate experience for your money. Our staff is willing to go that extra mile to serve our guests and make sure you have a clean room. From the front desk staff to the housekeeping each department strives to give spectacular hospitality.

We want to thank you again for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona. All the best!!

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

By far the nicest Motel 6 I've ever been to. Called ahead to see if there was any vacancy and the guy was so friendly. When we got to our room we were shocked. The room was so nice...hardwood floors (fake but still nice), an orange accent wall and the shower was too cool! Microwave and fridge too and a really nice pool. Amazing deal!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for you review and for choosing Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona. We’re happy to know that you stay with us was pleasant and affordable with great amenities to serve you on your trip. We recently upgraded our property to few new things and we’re happy to know you enjoyed your stay and took the time to notice our property. If your ever in the area again we would like to have you stay with us again and of course give you the same great service and deal. Thank you again and best of luck to you!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

stayed here during a cross-country trip in february. do not expect much from a Motel6, but a reasonably clean room, working shower with hot water, a decent bed and a quiet night. I found all of that. the building is reasonably close to the interstate, but not so close to hear traffic. My only peeve is that I had to ask for shampoo at the front desk, as it was not provided in the room.
I would definitively stay there again.

Room Tip: upstairs room are always my favourite
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Always a pleasure to read feedback from our guests. We’re definitely working on improving little by little and to make each stay as comfortable as possible. We want to make sure everything is working properly and in great shape. As far as toiletries we will do our best to provide them more efficiently and ready to use in the room. We certainly do not want to trouble you for anything but to make your stay with us comfortable. We thank you for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona and we look forward to serving you again if your ever in the area again. Best of luck!

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I am stunned (make that Stunned with a capital S) that this gets 4 stars from trip advisor reviewers. I will start by saying I often stay at Motel 6 in Moab and like it very much for the value, so it's not as though I am adverse to cheap motels. This one is gross! I saw that some rooms had been redone according to trip advisor reviews. When I saw my assigned room, I asked if I could switch to a remodeled one. He replied that I had one!! What?! What do the unremodeled rooms look like?! This one was tiny - two double beds each pushed up against a wall. No toiletries or even a box of Kleenex (although that is par for motels). There were hairs on the pillows and sheets and a ring of grime in the toilet. The fake wood floors are no upgrade when you have to listen to people upstairs walking on them at 3 am. This is truly a grungy roadside motel with no frills. I think the four stars got my hopes up and they were sadly dashed.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Catherine B
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Hello Catherine B…. we are truly sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay here at the Motel 6 of Holbrook, AZ. After reviewing your comments we have made the necessary steps with our team members to correct our mishaps. Your absolutely right; hairs on pillows and sheets is very unacceptable. We will definitely work with our housekeeping department to improve the cleanliness of our rooms. Human error happens from time to time and we apologize. All our rooms have been updated with granite sinks, Euro showers, Microwaves/Refrigerators and wood flooring/carpet.
Good news, we are also currently in the process of installing 32” Flat Screen TVs!! Unfortunately, not all rooms have had flat screens installed. I’m sorry we weren’t able to accommodate you with that particular amenity. The fake flooring you are referring to…is a laminate wood floor that was implemented to help improve the overall hygienic cleanliness of our rooms. We’ve found that some guest absolutely love it and some prefer carpet. We have left a number of our upstairs rooms carpeted for this very reason. It’s nice for our guests to have this option upon check in!
In regards to toiletries, we do offer shampoo/conditioner at the front desk…I’m sorry you were not aware of this amenity. It saddened me as well as the rest of our team to hear you refer our Motel as a grungy roadside Motel. The entire Motel 6 staff has worked extremely hard on updating/remodeling the Motel 6 of Holbrook. As you can see from our guest photos and reviews…were far from what you’ve described. No excuses though, we need to do a better job of making sure every room is perfect and ready for our guests upon arrival. We are devoted to guest satisfaction and strive to deliver the best product possible. Most importantly, if your not happy with your accommodations neither are we. Again, thank you for your input and concerns with our property. Although, it’s not what we like to hear back from our guests…it’s still a very important step in the overall quality and improvement of our property.

Please feel free to contact myself personally in regards to any other concerns
you might have.

Kindest Regards

Russ Harper
Motel 6 Holbrook, AZ

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed one night recently during a trip to the Petrified Forest. The price was great, they allowed pets and the rooms were really nice and clean. It looked like new Pergo had just been put down. Front staff was very friendly and gave us a good recommendation to the Italian restaurant nearby. No breakfast but there is a Denny's right next door, which is better than your usual hotel breakfast anyway and not that expensive. The only ding was that the bed was pushed against the wall so one of us had to climb out of it.

Overall a good stay. (Note: We reserve a five star rating for the truly wonderful experiences).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

First and foremost, we would like to give a big thank you for your review. Our team strives to make each guest feel welcomed and appreciated. We want to make sure your stay with us is affordable and comfortable and you leave knowing you were taken care of just like family. Our team invites you to stay us again if your ever in the area for business or pleasure. We are in the process of adding more amenities to our motel. We hope you have the opportunity to experience what we have to offer and makes up for the inconvience you may have had while your stay with us.

We look forward to serving you in the near future. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, AZ.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Motel 6 in Holbrook, AZ deserves an award from the CEO's at Motel 6 for representing their company so well.
It's WAY off the VERY busy highway, so it's VERY quiet.
It's only 2 stories high and not a party town, so the motel itself is VERY quiet.
The price is VERY right, from $34.99 for a VERY clean room and clean facilities.
What more can you ask for I say....not much. Sure there's no coffee maker, foo foo furniture and fancy landscaping. But for the trip that takes you this way, do yourself a favor and stay here as opposed to the VERY noisy and hustle and bustle of Flagstaff. I made that mistake on this trip and will not do that again. Good going Holbrook staff, you do Motel 6 well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for giving our property such a positive review. We appreciate the comments and of course knowing that we were able to make your trip and stay with us very pleasant. With the affordable rate to the cleanliness of the room, we go that extra mile to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Its great to know we were able to accommodate you easily off of I-40 and giving you the luxury of a quiet nights rest without train noises or traffic. We have expanded our lobby with a lounge area for coffee or internet browsing. We would like to invite you back again to experience our new additions. We are positive you will enjoy the new lobby! Thank you again for choosing Motel 6!

We look forward to serving you in the near future! Best wishes from our team.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

(From my other reviews you may know I am not a big fan of Motel 6’s, due to the small rooms and ‘generally’ hard beds … but I am cheap)

FOOD … and price were the reason I stopped here tonight. Other motels were close to the same price and included breakfast, but I don’t eat usually breakfast. But I do eat in the evening and Denny’s was right next door.

Two items put this in one of a kind.
1) Three computers in the check in area for customer use
2) Grills in the pool area

Also rare for Motel 6’s, free internet and actual truck parking that is graded and covered with crushed rock.

Beyond that, this is an old motel that has started to upgrade. My room had the new ‘wood’ floor and new style bedding, but old bed, old sink style (which I prefer) and old style TV (as I was leaving in the AM I could see other rooms did have new flat screen TV’s.) I don’t watch TV so not an issue.

This room only had a shower, no tub. Again, not an issue for me, in 10 years on the road I have never taken a bath (only showers).

The room only had one bed so it didn’t seem as crowded as those with two beds

It met my basics, clean, quiet room and hot water. The truck parking and free internet were a plus and the price was right.

… I’ll have to look, is this the first ‘6 I’ve given a 5?

(I also took pictures of this ‘6, usually I do not)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

We certainly appreciate the feedback and of course for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona. We’re glad to have met your satisfaction and would like to invite you to return. As you mentioned we’re in the process of upgrading our rooms. Our rooms have the new laminated wood floors and slowly upgrading to the 32 inch flat screen televisions. Our restrooms feature the granite counter tops and European inspired showers. We also appreciate you noticing our truck parking and the Dennys restaurant next door. The business center in the lobby adds a convenient touch when you need access to the internet for business or to browse. We have the free internet connection in all buildings and our courtyard. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next visit in the area. Thank you from our staff here at Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona.