“Great Motel 6”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Temecula, California
“Great Motel 6”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Motel 6 is way above the rest. Have a courtyard with grills and picnic tables near the pool. Front desk staff was wonderful. Traveled with our 2 dogs. One of our dogs is an old guy and they made sure we had a 1st floor since steps are getting tough for him. The rooms were modern and very clean. Will definitely stay on our travels on I 40.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 52FunTraveler
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
52FunTraveler

Thank you for sharing such great comments. We are thrilled to hear that our front desk staff was wonderful and that you appreciated our Pool, Courtyard and BBQ grills! I was also happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your two dogs in one of our ground level rooms. We hope your dogs enjoyed their stay as much as you did. Your comments will be shared with our entire team. Thank you very much!!!!

We are looking forward to having you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Russ H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wheat Ridge
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

When you think of Motel 6 you think of ran down, beat up motel. But this one is so got it together. It is simple, not over done, great place to stay as you're traveling. Linoleum floors, easy to clean, bed was comfortable, flat screen TV, clean shower...perfect! Hotel staff was awesome!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Michael M
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Michael M

Thank you for your recent visit and for the kind review! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was awesome!!! We absolutely love hearing that our staff was able to exceed customer expectations. Any YES... your absolutely correct with describing our Motel as being simple!!! Flat screens, linoleum floors, comfortable beds and most importantly...SUPER CLEAN!
I will be sure to share your compliments with all of our team.

We hope your travels will bring you back to Holbrook again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes from The Motel 6 of Holbrook.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm giving this hotel two stars only because they allowed us to stay with our two large dogs, while other hotels were turning us away because of their size. Also, they get kudos because the staff was very friendly and really tried to be helpful. If we had had another option, we most definitely would have paid for our room and just walked away.

Our room was disgusting. The bedspread on one bed was shredded in multiple places; the blankets were old and dirty and smelled bad. I discovered after my shower that someone at some point in time had used the shower curtain to blow their nose and it was covered in snot (there are no tissues in the rooms.) There was trash from previous guests under the bed, the shower itself had some orange colored liquid in the soap dish, and the microwave had not been cleaned in quite some time and was coated in baked on food and grease. The pillows were so flat that even with two stacked, they offered no support whatsoever. The mattresses were old and tired and uncomfortable.

We also discovered that the front desk had moved a previous guest from the room we were assigned to another room, but had not told him, and he unlocked our door and started to walk in, just as we had set our bags down. Needless to say it was a bit startling and from that point on if we left the room, upon our return, we locked all the locks before setting anything down. Also, due to this bit of a mix-up, we discovered that our keys no longer worked and we had to go to the front office to get them re-keyed for our room. The clerk said, "Oh, yeah. It was the previous shift that moved him and didn't tell anyone."

In the morning I went to the reception area to get some coffee and discovered that the dispenser was broken and after pumping it constantly for several minutes, managed to only come away with half a cup of coffee. We were told that a new dispenser was coming, but when I went back later, the same broken dispenser was the only one out.

While I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone, I especially feel it is not suitable for families, due to the fact that a large construction crew seems to live there and after work, they gather around the court yard and pool area and drink beer and drop the F-bomb loudly and constantly.

I understand that this a Motel 6 and not a four or even three star hotel, and you get what you pay for, but I have stayed in other Motel 6 properties that were great. They were clean and fresh, even if they were older properties. Sadly, that was not the case with this particular property.

Unfortunately, the only positive things I say about this property is they allow multiple pets per room, which includes large dogs; the staff are friendly and helpful; and the location is great for getting on and off I-40.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 1RuthC
Dear RMC0762

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thorough review following your recent stay with us. Your remarks certainly leave us with room to improve and I can assure you these will be top priority for our team. The experience you had is far from the standard we hold ourselves to. Allow me to update you with where we stand on improving some of the aspects you mentioned.

Our Housekeeping department including myself need to improve on the overall cleanliness of the rooms. We definitely need to do a better job of inspecting our guest rooms, especially under the beds for trash and debris. Also, in regards to the reassignment of your room... I take full responsibility for this mishap and will be sure to work more diligently with our front desk personnel on these procedures and proper verbiage. Had we been notified at the front desk, we would have most definitely addressed these issues promptly or assigned a new room for you. We would have loved the opportunity to have accommodated you appropriately during your visit. Unfortunately, we weren't aware of any of your concerns until now. However, in the future we will be sure to take a more conscientious approach of any and all bedspreads placed in our guest rooms. It does please me to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful. We take great pride in customer service and have always made it our number one priority within our organization.

If you have the chance, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further discuss ways to improve our guest experience. Specific areas where improvements can be made will greatly help us enhance our product and the experience our guests receive.

If your schedule permits, please do give us a call at 928-524-6101 and ask to speak with me directly.

Kindest Regards,

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Started last night with a wonderful young man who was at the front desk. Courteous, nice, and checked me in no time flat. Room was nice and no carpet!! Love the bamboo pergo on the floor and clean!! Freshly painted walls, a little compact but very nice and clean! New bedspreads, and although the sheets and pillow cases were a little thin It was Nice!! Thank you for a great stay at a lesser expensive price!! The pool area had tree's decorated with lights and picnic tables..This is where the manager really cared! FREE wi fi everywhere and quiet!

Room Tip: stayed in 137 and it was nice..clean clean clean!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Adrienne Y
Adrienne Y

Thank you so much for reviewing our Motel and taking time to share your feedback from your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciated our lighted Courtyard, Pool, BBQ grills Pergo Flooring, New Bedspreads and most importantly our courteous Front Desk Staff. I will pass along your compliments to the entire team.

We look forward to having you visit with us again in the near future!

Best wishes from the Motel 6 of Holbrook, AZ.

Ballina, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Plenty of Motel 6's in the USA and although on the cheaper side this one was surprisingly great which I can mostly attribute to the very professional staff. No major frills but both staff we dealt with who were on duty overnight and next morning were very well mannered and obliging. Very impressed with computer/printer access - especially that my airline ticket went missing and I had to reprint another. Location accessible to facilities by car - but no too far away.

Room Tip: Aware that rooms around pool may be a little noisier in summer.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ceceliaflower
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
It is very pleasing to read your review and even more to know you were impressed with the professionalism of our well mannered staff. We take great pride in our hiring and training with each team member and I am glad to hear they were very obliging. We were also happy to hear that you were impressed with our computer/printer center. This happens to be a very popular aspect of our property. I will make sure to pass on the compliments to our staff.

On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you have very basic expectations for a motel room, this is for you. The room was clean, the grounds were immaculate, the location was very convenient, a nice court yard with gas grills and the price was excellent. But don't expect amenities. It had free wifi, a TV and phone but no shampoo, no breakfast (Perkins is next door and their food was very good), and bare floors. The other reviews that I read built it up so that I expected more than what I found.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
William L.
Thanks you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your kind comments in regards to our immaculate grounds, clean rooms, nice courtyard with gas grills and an excellent rate. However, we are sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations with regards to our amenities. We sincerely like to apologize for our amenity shortfalls and will be sure to take a more conscience approach of addressing all our amenities during check in. You should have been informed of our complimentary shampoo, toothbrush's, razors, hairdryers as well as our complimentary coffee that is served between the hours of 4am and 12noon. Again, we are truly sorry about the inconvenience and hope, should your travels bring you back to Holbrook, AZ... You’ll give us a second opportunity to welcome you back as our guest.
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I was so tired from our travels that we decided we needed to stop and Holbrook was the closest town. We wanted to get something inexpensive as my plan was to sleep for a few hours and get back on the road. First, check-in was simple and the gentleman working the desk was extremely friendly. We asked for some extra towels, no problem! The room wasn't huge, but it was clean and comfortable. There is a courtyard with several BBQ grills and the area was decorated with lights. There is a Denny's restaurant right next door that you can walk to. This is definitely not your typical Motel 6 and others in the chain could definitely take note! If you are wanting a clean room at a very fair price, you need to consider this motel if you are in the Holbrook area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike J
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Mike J. - Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was welcoming and friendly. We are also thrilled to hear that you were impressed by our service, hotel amenities and our decorative courtyard. I look forward to sharing your compliments with all of our team. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Russ Harper - General Manager