“Definitely stay here it's worth it!”
Review of Motel 6 Holbrook

Motel 6 Holbrook
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stopped at 2 other motels before we found this one to stay at. It was god sent! The service at the desk (Murray) has the BEST customer service I have ever received at a motel that was this busy. The rooms were clean, frig, ac, microwave ,showers ,TV and Wi-Fi

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank dt8351
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are overjoyed to hear that Murray went above and beyond your expectations. We are lucky to have such an incredible staff here at the Motel 6 of Holbrook, AZ. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have never stayed at a Motel 6, but since this one had decent reviews, and I just needed a quick night, I tried it. First, for $40 a night, it wasn't going to be the Ritz. My room had about the least amount of amenities I've ever seen. One bed, one TV, a phone with no numbers on it, a table with chair, and two (tiny) bars of soap. The floor was vinyl and it was dirty, so I kept my shoes on. The bed was comfy, but the AC wasn't working very well, so they gave me a fan and offered to move me to another room. I passed as it wasn't worth the hassle of moving. This motel gets a lot of travelers and truckers, so there is a good amount of noise late night and early morning. I didn't use the pool, but it looked like they tried to make it inviting. The next time, I'll pay another $20 and go to a bit higher level place. But, for the price, it was okay.

Room Tip: Get a room in the pool area or in the back or sides. The rooms in front get a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Packman46
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Packman46 – Thank you very much for your honest review. I’m truly sorry our establishment wasn’t for you. It’s always tough to hear that your place of business didn’t meet your customer’s expectation. You’re correct in regards to our basic amenities, however, we do offer complementary shampoo, tooth brushes, razors, paper plates and utensils at the front desk. We definitely need to do a better job of informing our guests of all our amenities. I would also like to apologize for your AC not working properly. I remember bringing a fan to your room and having a discussion with you in regards to moving you to a different room. I should have followed up with a phone call to ask if you were satisfied with the room’s present condition or whether you would like to be moved. I would have loved to have accommodated you properly.

Once again, thank you for candid review. It will be shared with our entire team and will most definitely help us improve in the areas you have pointed out. If by chance you decide to give us another shot... please reach out to me personally and I'll be happy to assist you.

motel6az@yahoo.com

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Clean, simple, just what a Motel 6 should be. Rooms are well maintained, beds are recent, firm comfortable. Shower was great. TV works, plus had fridge and microwave. It's not the Ritz Carlton; it's what you need, and well worth the price.
Staff was pleasant and helpful, even went above and beyond. Great little courtyard with a pool.
Really, for an overnight, this is perfect.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Christian A
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Christian A - Thank you very much for your outstanding review. We are very glad to hear that you had a very pleasant experience while staying with us. It is also fantastic to read that you value the simplicity but higher standard of our services. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a kind review. I will be sure to share it with our entire team!!!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Motel 6 of Holbrook, AZ

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was my first experience with Motel 6 and it was definitely a positive one. The room was simple, with some fantastic bed spreads (see photo), but clean and comfortable. Staff was great. I wish we could have spent some time in the pool because it looked quite nice. My only qualm was that the a/c was just too good. We left it on overnight and nearly froze because we were too lazy to get up and turn it off. Aside from that, a great and affordable experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanSG91
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

DanSG91 - Thank you for your Kind review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Motel 6 of Holbrook, AZ. We were also glad to hear that your first experience staying at a Motel 6 was a positive one. Exceptional customer service along with incredibly clean rooms is something we work hard for because we want nothing more than for you to have the best experience possible. We also appreciate you taking the time to make the suggestion in regards to the AC. Unfortunately, it seems to have a mind of its own and tends to run a bit cold at times. I truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Once again, thank you for your positive review and we hope to welcome you back soon!! Hopefully next time you will have a chance to enjoy our beautiful pool and our decorative courtyard.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Motel 6 is way above the rest. Have a courtyard with grills and picnic tables near the pool. Front desk staff was wonderful. Traveled with our 2 dogs. One of our dogs is an old guy and they made sure we had a 1st floor since steps are getting tough for him. The rooms were modern and very clean. Will definitely stay on our travels on I 40.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 52FunTraveler
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

52FunTraveler

Thank you for sharing such great comments. We are thrilled to hear that our front desk staff was wonderful and that you appreciated our Pool, Courtyard and BBQ grills! I was also happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your two dogs in one of our ground level rooms. We hope your dogs enjoyed their stay as much as you did. Your comments will be shared with our entire team. Thank you very much!!!!

We are looking forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

When you think of Motel 6 you think of ran down, beat up motel. But this one is so got it together. It is simple, not over done, great place to stay as you're traveling. Linoleum floors, easy to clean, bed was comfortable, flat screen TV, clean shower...perfect! Hotel staff was awesome!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Michael M
Russ H, General Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Michael M

Thank you for your recent visit and for the kind review! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was awesome!!! We absolutely love hearing that our staff was able to exceed customer expectations. Any YES... your absolutely correct with describing our Motel as being simple!!! Flat screens, linoleum floors, comfortable beds and most importantly...SUPER CLEAN!
I will be sure to share your compliments with all of our team.

We hope your travels will bring you back to Holbrook again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes from The Motel 6 of Holbrook.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm giving this hotel two stars only because they allowed us to stay with our two large dogs, while other hotels were turning us away because of their size. Also, they get kudos because the staff was very friendly and really tried to be helpful. If we had had another option, we most definitely would have paid for our room and just walked away.

Our room was disgusting. The bedspread on one bed was shredded in multiple places; the blankets were old and dirty and smelled bad. I discovered after my shower that someone at some point in time had used the shower curtain to blow their nose and it was covered in snot (there are no tissues in the rooms.) There was trash from previous guests under the bed, the shower itself had some orange colored liquid in the soap dish, and the microwave had not been cleaned in quite some time and was coated in baked on food and grease. The pillows were so flat that even with two stacked, they offered no support whatsoever. The mattresses were old and tired and uncomfortable.

We also discovered that the front desk had moved a previous guest from the room we were assigned to another room, but had not told him, and he unlocked our door and started to walk in, just as we had set our bags down. Needless to say it was a bit startling and from that point on if we left the room, upon our return, we locked all the locks before setting anything down. Also, due to this bit of a mix-up, we discovered that our keys no longer worked and we had to go to the front office to get them re-keyed for our room. The clerk said, "Oh, yeah. It was the previous shift that moved him and didn't tell anyone."

In the morning I went to the reception area to get some coffee and discovered that the dispenser was broken and after pumping it constantly for several minutes, managed to only come away with half a cup of coffee. We were told that a new dispenser was coming, but when I went back later, the same broken dispenser was the only one out.

While I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone, I especially feel it is not suitable for families, due to the fact that a large construction crew seems to live there and after work, they gather around the court yard and pool area and drink beer and drop the F-bomb loudly and constantly.

I understand that this a Motel 6 and not a four or even three star hotel, and you get what you pay for, but I have stayed in other Motel 6 properties that were great. They were clean and fresh, even if they were older properties. Sadly, that was not the case with this particular property.

Unfortunately, the only positive things I say about this property is they allow multiple pets per room, which includes large dogs; the staff are friendly and helpful; and the location is great for getting on and off I-40.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1RuthC

Dear RMC0762

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thorough review following your recent stay with us. Your remarks certainly leave us with room to improve and I can assure you these will be top priority for our team. The experience you had is far from the standard we hold ourselves to. Allow me to update you with where we stand on improving some of the aspects you mentioned.

Our Housekeeping department including myself need to improve on the overall cleanliness of the rooms. We definitely need to do a better job of inspecting our guest rooms, especially under the beds for trash and debris. Also, in regards to the reassignment of your room... I take full responsibility for this mishap and will be sure to work more diligently with our front desk personnel on these procedures and proper verbiage. Had we been notified at the front desk, we would have most definitely addressed these issues promptly or assigned a new room for you. We would have loved the opportunity to have accommodated you appropriately during your visit. Unfortunately, we weren't aware of any of your concerns until now. However, in the future we will be sure to take a more conscientious approach of any and all bedspreads placed in our guest rooms. It does please me to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful. We take great pride in customer service and have always made it our number one priority within our organization.

If you have the chance, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further discuss ways to improve our guest experience. Specific areas where improvements can be made will greatly help us enhance our product and the experience our guests receive.

If your schedule permits, please do give us a call at 928-524-6101 and ask to speak with me directly.