“:) Haunted?”
Review of Jerome Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Jerome Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel actually turned out to be one of the highlights of our motorcycle road trip stays. High on top of a cliff with a great scenic view and a reputation for being haunted, it was must for us. The reception guy was a bit of an odd character, but he blended in well with this hotel.Our rooms (4 of them) were very nice, had been remodeled and of various sizes (this hotel used to be a hospital). Parking outside seems limited, but adequate for the amount of rooms. There is no real continental breakfast but coffee and some packaged danishes are available for consumption starting around 7:30. The on site restaurant is not affiliated with the hotel but an excellent choice for dinner ($$$, but worth it)
Ok, so now to the haunting....there are lots of rumors, stories, videos etc of various haunting; all I can say is this: while we were there I personally witnessed two ladies (from separate families) who went into the hotel and came out in tears, because they felt a "heaviness" inside. They were NOT faking it and one of them got into her car and left immediately. Lots of guests wander the halls looking for "orbs" and other ghosts, but we saw nothing. The only other "haunting" was done by us at 4am on the top floor (our group booked the entire top floor) and we had a blast wandering around in sheets and being stupid in general.....
I highly recommend this hotel for it's services and for being out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: Pick a room where someone has died (most rooms have some history) for that extra sleeping experience...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wolf55

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed in one of the balcony rooms and I recommend you get one of these. Breakfast on the balcony was definitely a highlight for me. Make sure you go up the right street, Hill Street our sat nav sent us up the little road after which was narrow and bumpy but got us there. Hill street was steep but safer. The rooms our comfortable. We didn't see any ghosts but that's hopefully because we didn't want to see any. we stayed at the hotel for the view not for the spooks. We had dinner at the Asylum restaurant and it was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Grand Suite was all that was left with 2 beds after the Shutdown of 2013 cancelled the Grand Canyon for my birthday. It was a great 2nd choice. By many standards it is expensive but being from California no different than a beach stay. Around $400 a night. The room is 2000 sq ft with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, TV room, 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms. Even has a washer/dryer and a piano. We were able to spook it up with so many doors to close and closets to hide in. My friend hurt her knee walking down one of the many stairs in Jerome so a walking tour of the town was out of the question. We made our own drinks in the full kitchen, turned one of the couches in the TV room around and took in the sunset outside the window. It was so beautiful! In the morning coffee and a sunrise in the same spot. The Asylum downstairs was very handy for a quick dinner, no driving down the hill after a few drinks. The top of the hill is quite at night and the views outside the room are unmatched.

Room Tip: The Grand Suite would be perfect for a family or friends sharing the bill
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MGD828
Reviewed 4 October 2013

All I can say is, this hotel is not for the faint of heart. This is a haunted hotel. Those who love the paranormal or have a love of history stay here.
We stayed in a room that was once an x-Ray room. Room 26. It was clearly not a hotel room. Even with wall hangings and lamps, one would know better. The walls are thick, probably lined with lead.
Being a paranormal investigator, I brought my equipment with me. While out of the room, my digital recorder picked up many bangs, knocks and claps. Something even tapped on the recorder. Got a few EVPs while pretending to call for a doctor. My daughter woke in the night an told me something was staring at her from the doorway.
The walls are still the same weird green the hospital wore.
Pretty much the same as it was. Ghost tours available if Chris has enough people interested. I will definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank azis4me
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a wonderful time, even though, as we were settling into our room in the late afternoon, people (other guests?) came by to ask about "our experience" in room # 32 ... did we sense anything macabre? (!)

We found the hotel charming, very comfortable, and thoroughly enjoyed dinner in the Asylum restaurant - excellent service throughout!

We " ... would return in a heartbeat".

Room Tip: Go ahead, splurge a little, and get a room with a balcony, if available - the view is worth it, and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed 23 September 2013

A travel companion and myself stayed in room 39AB, we were impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the incredible views over the valley. The Asylum dinner was excellent and the staff very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Best upgrades during the week.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2013

For a girls weekend we stayed at the Jerome Grand Hotel and all I can say is I had a blast. We stayed in room #26 and it was very comfortable with a very nice view. The hotel was great and the staff was very welcoming and even shared their experiences with us. We did not eat at the restaurant on site due to it was quite pricey but I really recommend the Haunted Hamburger that's just down the hill a few blocks from the hotel ( The food is amazing and its also reported to be haunted). We didn't have any experiences but due to the great time, I am going to go back with my family and try again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Quality Inn - Cottonwood
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Jerome Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!