“Ghostly experiences...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jerome Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Jerome Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Castlegar, Canada
“Ghostly experiences...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

We originally toured Jerome with no intent to stay at this Hotel as we had a sweet timeshare in Sedona. The "ghostly" alure to stay there was too overwhelming though and we booked a night with our friends in rooms 39a and 39b - adjoining rooms. We did the ghost tour, in which my wife's hair was tugged on slightly in the boiler room while we sat and listened to Chris's intro to the ghostly history. After reviewing my photos from our ghost hunt, I came across many unexplained photo's of ghostly orbs - which you can check out on Youtube. Our friend was also awakened with the feeling as if someone was pulling a sheet over her head, while my wife was awakened by the sound of gurney wheels down the hallway. Over all a great experience and mouthwatering food to boot at the Asylum Restaurant on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Halliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

We can not say enough about our stay at the Jerome Grand just a few weekends ago! As newbie 'Ghost Adventure' enthusiasts - it was our 1st specific family venture to a haunted destination. It did not disappoint on several levels.

Night 'one' we took the hotel's ghost tour and were immediately impressed with owner / manager Chris's historical knowledge and stories of the hotel and former employees. To our complete delight, our group was then given digital cameras, EMF detectors and temperature gauges to verify / validate our findings as we roamed the hotel!

Not only THAT - but were GIVEN a disc loaded with everyone's photos on our tour .. for FREE! Who DOES this? We were elated! What a special / unexpected touch!

Chris went out of his way several times to let us explore every nook and cranny on our weekend adventure - at one time offering us his own personal flashlight as we interrogated statues of Homer Simpson in the storage room ... though he likely found 'us' just as amusing I'm guessing :)

Did we 'experience' anything?? As avid ghost enthusiasts - I know this is what you are dying to ask ... pardon the pun. Yes.

Nothing remotely scary (which was great since our kids were along) just ... fascinating. In addition to our dozens of photos of 'large' / more interesting orbs than ye standard garden variety dust particles ... we also captured several Class A EVP's. Chris was even kind enough to feign the interest / take the time to listen to them and act impressed!

We'd left a digital recorder 'on' in our room (32) while dining out that evening. Not only were there several unexplained noises 'within' the room itself that sounded like moans, and drawers being opened / shut - my cell phone happened to ring that I'd left behind. About 15 secs later - you can hear a clear / distinct female voice ask : "Bobby?"

That same evening - (in addition to the loud clanging on our balcony as promised) I awoke to the feel of 'kitty feet' making their way up our bed's comforter - as if a ghost kitty was making it's way up to us for an evening cuddle ;)

Certainly enough 'activity' to leave us wanting more ...

We will definitely return!

4 Thank tkyler1
mesa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

The Jerome Grand Hotel is one of my favorite "stay-cations".

The history behind this hotel was sooo interesting. The ghost stories associated with the hotel will have you watching your back with every step you make.

Our family took the ghost tour and Chris (who also works at the front desk), was very imformative. He tells you about the infamous death of Claude Harvey, and many others as well.

Chris was a great guy who helped us with anything we needed troughout our entire stay! He's awesome! You definitely will not be let down by this hotel!

Marion, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I worked in a hospital for 35+ years, so was anxious to see an old one that had been turned into a vacation spot without seriously effecting the interior. And you managed that. I was in awe of the quality of work done in the building and the obvious effort to save the structure. I find it amazing that it stood empty for all those years and was not damaged in any major way. It was fun to say the least. If I had to make a complaint, it would be the food prices. They were a little out of our reach since Grandpa (me) was paying for 6 people's weekend. The hotel bill was enough, but fair. We did eat at the Haunted Hamburger - a great place nearby for people looking for something alittle more reasonable. Howevere, the dining room was elegant and the food may have been worth it, but ... All of the amenities were fine. It was also great to be able to see the history of Jerome on channel 3 in the room. Very interesting and a great touch. We will definitely be back. Don'tg forget to look in the garage doors at the two old cars. One of them alone is worth the trip to an old car buff like me.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

Love the original fixtures, such as the phone switchboard to the lobby and elevator. We enjoyed the 5 minute walk to downtown Jerome, the placement of the hotel on top of the hill provides excellent views of the Verde Valley. Very clean, quiet, and the restaurant food is excellent. Staff was very accommodating to our needs, traveled with my cousin and her 8 year old son, my three daughters aged 17, 8, and 6. Stayed in the Grand suite, loved the period-perfect phonograph.

If you are into ghost-hunting, this is the perfect hotel to stay in. We captured several orbs in our digital photos, and my 8 year old actually was "haunted" by a female ghost in our room. She heard a disembodied female voice telling her to "get out!" and was tapped on the shoulder. My daughter was not afraid of this, but it is her favorite story to tell to anyone and everyone who will listen.

Overall, you can't have a better experience in Jerome by staying at the Jerome Grand Hotel. We've stayed here twice and plan to stay again this year. The staff will share their experiences with the ghosts that haunt the hotel, and also provide a journal in the lobby for guests to share their hauntings with other travelers.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jhysko
balto md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Our trip to Sedona Az could not have been better! We stayed at the Sedona Pines and at the Jerome Grand Hotel. The weather was fantastic (April), and there was plenty to do! Tours galore and a MUST is to stop in at the Grand Hotel- just to say hello or for a fantastic meal as well. I even caught a pic or a ghost! I'll try to post it later. GO,,,, Have a ball! We will come back again!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Casa Grande, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

If you're seeking history and authenticity Jerome Grand is perfect. While well maintained and clean, this place looks like it's stuck in the 1950s. It's amazing. The owners have done their best to keep everything as original as possible as this hotel was once a private hospital for copper miners.

Our visit started with the ghost tour. Our tour host was Chris, the owner's nephew. Chris is a great story teller. The tour was really about the history of the building, which happens to involve an inordinate amount of death as a mining hospital. Chris told many horrifying stories, some second-hand from actual nurses that worked at the hospital in the 30s, others from the local sheriff. I don't want to spoil any of the stories; all I can say is definitely opt for the ghost tour. Even if you do not believe in ghosts/spirits, it is an opportunity to explore the entire hotel, take in Chris's historic stories, and get pictures of the place.

The room was adequate and very clean. The balcony was really cool with a great view. I would highly recommend a balcony room. Although I'm a skeptic of ghosts, we did have a weird experience. The room we chose to stay in was deliberate. A man in a wheelchair committed suicide by crawling over the balcony to his death. My girlfriend turned on the audio recorder and started asking questions. About seven minutes in, she asked if the guy that committed suicide was there. If so, did he jump from our room's balcony or the adjacent room's? She said, "can you please show us?" Immediately after the question our balcony door opened! That was very creepy. After holding my breath for about 20-30 seconds, lying as stiff as a board in bed, I got up and walked onto the balcony to debunk. It was perfectly still outside, no wind. Not sure what would have opened the door because it was very sticky and sort of wedged shut. So we may have received an answer. WEIRD! So, ask some questions, you may get a response, if that's your thing.

The staff was very pleasant and we've actually kept in contact with Chris. We hope to stay there again the the coming years.

I gave "sleep quality" a 3/5 because there are many little noises all night long. Steam pipes do run through the rooms so there is lots of clanking and pounding.

I would highly recommend Jerome Grand if you're in Northern AZ. Just a few miles around the mountain side is an old ghost town, Hayes, with hundreds of historic vehicles, equipment, and machinery.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pachl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
Sedona Real Inn and Suites
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Jerome Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!