“Delicious food and friendly service!”

Bobby D's BBQ at the English Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bobby D's BBQ is located in the Historic English Kitchen Restaurant building, Arizona's oldest operating restaurant building (est. 1899). Stepping through our doors is like stepping back in time. Imagine sitting on an original bar stool from 1899. If only these walls could talk! We are a 90% scratch kitchen, family owned and operated. All of our meats are hand trimmed, rubbed and smoked on premise. We have delicious sandwiches, fresh salads, and entrees. The specialty of the house is our slow-smoked, baby back ribs, they literally fall off the bone. We also feature a full bar, 8 microbrews on draft and a full service outdoor deck with bar.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We enjoyed dining at Bobby D's while visiting Jerome!

They have excellent beer choices and mixed drinks! I especially enjoyed the Arizona Sunset drink.

My husband and I both had burgers and they were huge and tasty! It was also nice to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Had lunch on May 13, 2014. The restaurant was very busy -- there is a limited amount of restaurants in Jerome. Service was very good and the wait staff was constantly moving quickly. My wife & I had the basic BBQ sandwich which in our opinion was just average. We have had better.

Would we go back to this restaurant? Yes & No. There are a limited amount of restaurants in Jerome & it maybe one of the better ones -- we don't know. I know if this restaurant was located in an area with a lot of competition we probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Bobby D's has some of the best smoked pork, brisket and ribs west of Memphis. The meats are lathered in exquisite house made dry rubs, 12 hour smoked over hard wood and then served with 3 delicious sauces. Pair all this smokiness with a Prickly Pear margarita and your taste buds and appetite will be more than satisfied.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I ordered the most popular sandwich, bar b que beef tips melt. There was hardly any meat on it, and what was there was so dry and crusty that I could hardly chew it. Stay away from this $12 sandwich! My husband had the regular beef brisket sandwich, and it was ok.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Wow! Not sure why so many sparking reviews. As a family of 5 I try to stretch my dollars when eating out. Tiny portions and $17 prices for most meals make it hard here. The meals come with two tiny tubs of meat a side and a minuscule slice of corn bread. Don't ask for more bread or the waiter will announce super loud, "We won't give you more bread for FREE! But you can buy some."

The meat was good not great and the bbq sauce was very good. Service was attentive and quick. We spent almost $50 on 2 meals which we shared and one soda with tip. One of our meals was an appetizer which were some super small sliders for $12. Throw in a side of corn (tasty) for $4 and you're all set. Laugh. I expect to pay a little more in Jerome but not quite so much or be ridiculed for trying to save a little. Good luck!