“Very hot day...cold beer on the deck!”

Bobby D's BBQ at the English Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bobby D's BBQ is located in the Historic English Kitchen Restaurant building, Arizona's oldest operating restaurant building (est. 1899). Stepping through our doors is like stepping back in time. Imagine sitting on an original bar stool from 1899. If only these walls could talk! We are a 90% scratch kitchen, family owned and operated. All of our meats are hand trimmed, rubbed and smoked on premise. We have delicious sandwiches, fresh salads, and entrees. The specialty of the house is our slow-smoked, baby back ribs, they literally fall off the bone. We also feature a full bar, 8 microbrews on draft and a full service outdoor deck with bar.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We arrived in Jerome (one of my favorite places ever) on an unusually hot day in early July. These guys are smart...their cook does the BBQ outside and you have no choice but to smell it, and boy did it smell good. Best advertising they can do. I don't know the history of the English Kitchen but the interior of this place is great...counter, stools and vintage booths. Sadly it was too hot to eat inside so we went out on the deck. They have some interesting draft selections and a beer was in order for such a hot day. We both had pulled pork sandwiches that were excellent. The highest praise I can give a french fry is that it doesn't need ketchup. For BBQ, it's not needing to add any additional BBQ sauce and that was the case here. Unfortunately, we were under a time pressure and had to leave. Otherwise we would have hung out on that deck all afternoon. My motivation to go back!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch while on a road trip which stopped in Jerome. The outdoor patio was what first caught our eye and since the weather was nice, we figured we'd eat outside. My wife had a burger which she really enjoyed while I went with Sergeant Pepper sandwich. My sandwich came out not very warm and overall it was ok, but I properly wouldn't order it again. Perhaps I'd try something else on the menu if I found myself here again. I also wasn't that big of a fan of our service there. It seemed a bit slow and our waitress seemed annoyed with having to do anything.

1  Thank Derek F
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We sat outside on the upstairs balcony and had a nice view of the landscape and the quaint streets of Jerome. Every bit worth the stop. They had a good variety of foods and lots of different beverages.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My friend and I went here for lunch. Her husband is a barbecuer for Texas so she is a good critic. We had the brisket and pulled pork. She said the brisket didn't have a good smoke ring and I agreed that it didn't have much smoke flavor. The pulled pork was juicy, but not much smoke flavor. We both liked the sauce. It is vinegar based and had good flavor. The baked beans and coleslaw were good also. The wait staff is friendly and prompt - it was crowded. The atmosphere is rustic and fun. We sat outside and the view and breeze added to the experience.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The history of this building, written on the menu was interesting reading while waiting for the food to arrive.
It was a busy weekend when we were here, but there were a number of items on the menu they'd run out of. Disappointing. The bbq was good, other items on the menu were average.
The view from eating out on the patio was a nice lunch setting.