“Don't miss the patio”

Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Flatiron is owned and operated by Jerome locals, Chad & Abby. Our café is a unique historic space located in the heart of Jerome's business district. We serve traditional Italian espresso drinks with locally roasted Firecreek coffee, along with healthy breakfast and lunch options (organic, vegan & gluten free whenever possible!). We are open Thursday - Monday 8:30-3:30pm, always featuring a daily sweet treat, homemade soup, and creative culinary creations. We also offer catering services and an AirBnB vacation rental, The Flat, conveniently located directly above the café.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Winding down the mountain road from Prescott to Sedona I stumbled upon Jerome and was very much taken by this cool little mining town on the side of the hill. It was soon time for lunch and there were many options. I first noticed the Flatiron's patio and quickly figured out that it was associated with the odd shaped building across the street. The menu had lots of healthy items to choose from, I went with the spinach salad. It comes with red peppers and walnuts and I did an add-on for goat cheese. It was a good sized salad and tasted great, I whoofed the whole thing down. For a drink I had their home made lemonade, they don't add a lot of sweetener to it, which is just to my liking.

Both employees I interacted with were super nice. The guy who brought the food out knew a little about photography and gave me a few pointers which I appreciated.

It was a simple lunch but I really can't see how it could have been improved upon.

1  Thank Ethan A

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had their Double Shot, $2.50, and it was the worst espresso that I have ever had. The taste of the coffee was horrible, and it was such a small quantity (thankfully) that it could have been served in a thimble instead of the espresso cup. I drink strong coffee (espresso, Turkish, my own, etc.) and I have had coffee from cafes in both the US and Europe. my recommendation, SKIP the Flatiron!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My daughter and I were in the Cottonwood Valley and wanted to also visit Jerome, so we were there very early, and luckily the Flatiron was open for breakfast. My daughter had the Southwest Burrito which was excellent, and I had the Smoked Salmon Quesadilla. I took a chance on the salmon dish as I am from Alaska, and usually don't order salmon out of my area, but this dish was absolutely so amazing, I am going to start making it at my B&B in Alaska. I had one bite left and my daughter said "what is the matter, are you full" and I had to tell her, "it was so good I did not want it to end".

1  Thank gr8land
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Redefined american breakfast. Fresh. Tasty. Locally sourced. Good price. Great building with loads of history. Nice staff. Nothing to not like. Eat here.

1  Thank Snowden7056
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It was time for our annual visit to Jerome, our first visit to The Flatiron. What a Jerome "Diamond", so good we had to go for breakfast both mornings we were in town. Luckily, once was on Sunday and they were serving blueberry waffles, probably the best waffles we've ever had. The patio is a great place to hang out and people watch. Amy & Jen have really got this place going on. As business owners ourselves- our hats are off to you two and the crew. Be sure to stop by, it's a must if you're in the area. We'll be back next year, wish they were closer.

1  Thank Verypicky2