“Eat at the top of the world !”

The Asylum Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since 2001 Asylum Kitchen+Bar in the Jerome Grand Hotel is the eatery to go to for fresh,local,healthy food. With a full bar and the most extensive wine list in Jerome you're sure to find something right for you! We scratch make most all of our products in our killer kitchen facility including fabricating steaks, Chilean Sea Bass,Pacific Wild Salmon, Butternut Sqaush Soup, entrées made a la minute in the pan. Try us for a fine meal with spectacular views of the entire Verde Valley, San Francisco Peaks, and amazing Red Rock sunsets above Sedona. Thanks for looking us up and hope to see you soon! Asylum Kitchen+Bar.
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

What a place to eat! We sat outside where although it was a hot day, the breeze made it perfect. My husband and I each had a cold draft beer, and that hit the spot indeed.

I had "the Stack" and to my taste, if was wonderful ! Meat patty, avocado, grilled mushrooms and onions, over mixed greens, all with a balsamic vinegarette. Yum. It also came with sprouts but the wind blew those off but they brought more. Did I say yum ?

My husband had a hamburger and it was good.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This probably should have been a five star rating. Unfortunately, upon checking in for our reservation the two gentlemen, while immediately acknowledging our reservation, took at least five minutes before finding a table for us to sit at. While five minutes does not seem like a long time, the restaurant only had two tables occupied inside and two occupied outside. Fortunately, they finally made a decision and our evening brightened considerably with the service from Marla and the food. Marla is a person that the Asylum should make sure that they keep. The food was quite good and reasonably priced for such a destination. While only two tables actually have an unobstructed view of the Verde Valley, even the tables a bit further back have a partial view. Additionally, there were a few tables outside of the restaurant on the patio with a view of the Verde Valley. Quite an impressive wine list for this property.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

They say the old hospital turned hotel is haunted by those who died there, and the restaurant is a part of that. So watch your salad in cad there is a hungry ghost.
Interesting place, good staff, pretty good food, reasonable prices, and it's a great fun part of a visit to Jerome.
We had lunch and the food was pretty good.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had a great dinner at the Ayslum. Located toward the top of the hill in Jerome, this restaurant has a great patio and sweeping views of the Verde valley below. Even better, I had contacted the restaurant earlier in the week to see if they could make food to order as I have a special needs diet. Brandon contacted me back quickly and was very accommodating with the menu as well as the reservations. He even followed up with me a week later to see how are dinner was. Thank you! We will be back and eating here again. If you go, request a table against the open French doors. A great meal with a beautiful view and a wine list to die for. Cheers!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We uncovered a gem in this old mining town. Great food, wonderful service and a lovely view overlooking the valley.

Been to The Asylum Restaurant? Share your experiences!