“Best Steak in Arizona”

Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 2001 Asylum Kitchen+Bar in the Jerome Grand Hotel is the eatery to go to for fresh,local,healthy food. With a full bar and the most extensive wine list in Jerome you're sure to find something right for you! We scratch make most all of our products in our killer kitchen facility including fabricating steaks, Chilean Sea Bass,Pacific Wild Salmon, Butternut Sqaush Soup, entrées made a la minute in the pan. Try us for a fine meal with spectacular views of the entire Verde Valley, San Francisco Peaks, and amazing Red Rock sunsets above Sedona. Thanks for looking us up and hope to see you soon! Asylum Kitchen+Bar.
Edmonton, Canada
“Best Steak in Arizona”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I went for dinner and we were so pleased with everything about The Asylum.

The service was warm, welcoming, funny in a refined fashion and helpful in every way.

The restaurant gives a unique view of the Verde Valley that you don't get anywhere else, so try to get seated next to the many windows.

I got the Chilean Sea Bass and my husband got the Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon. I've had Sea Bass before in other upscale restaurants on the coast and it has always been one of my favorites, but I was presently surprised with the presentation and preparation that went into the dish - very very good.

The steak that my husband had was out of the world, served blue rare - exactly as specified and ordered - it was something to behold as the steak knife with the weight of the handle slid through the filet.

There is an option on here that asks if this is one of the best meals you've ever had at a restaurant. It was and my husband professes now two days later that it was indeed the best steak he has ever had. Better than a plate three times as pricey, better than Paris, better than the ones I cook for him!

Go now and have a great evening!

Sedona
“Never again!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Beautiful view, however the food is poor quality and overpriced as well the service is very slow. I don't recommend eating here unless you order off the dessert menu and are willing to wait awhile.

1 Thank MarieLovesFood100
Sedona, Arizona
“GOOD FOOD, GREAT VIEW, UNUSUAL LOCATION”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We came here on the recommendation of someone who lives locally and had Father's Day lunch here with friends/relatives. We ate on the patio so had an awesome view of the valley looking over towards Sedona. Very pleasant waitress, the food was served hot and tasty. Reasonably priced. We checked out the inside of the hotel where the restaurant is located - interesting place.

Downey, California
“Great Place”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The food and ambiance was fantastic!! I totally recommend it!! We asked for a dog bowl and they brought us an actual dog bowl. We had David as our host and he was wonderful!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lmgonz
Dallas, TX
“Eat at the top of the world !”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

What a place to eat! We sat outside where although it was a hot day, the breeze made it perfect. My husband and I each had a cold draft beer, and that hit the spot indeed.

I had "the Stack" and to my taste, if was wonderful ! Meat patty, avocado, grilled mushrooms and onions, over mixed greens, all with a balsamic vinegarette. Yum. It also came with sprouts but the wind blew those off but they brought more. Did I say yum ?

My husband had a hamburger and it was good.