“Don't be put off by the exterior”
Review of Grapes

Grapes
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Grapes sits high on the hill in Jerome, a small restaurant with a small outdoor patio. We luckily scored one of the patio tables as the interior is dark, with booths and a bit of conversational noise. Every day from 5-9 wine is $5 a glass and I had a wonderful Rutherford chardonnay, presented at the correct temperature. The shrimp cocktail, special of the day for $5, was delicious, with the shrimp chilled and tasty and the cocktail sauce just the right spicy.
We had the pepperoni pizza (my huband's favorite), thin crusted but with delicious sauce and not oily meat. We shared their spinach salad, filled with tomatoes, olives and a tasty salad dressing. Service was great. This place is a gem in the charming town of Jerome.

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are glad that you found a great spot for you both outside! It sounds like you really enjoyed your experience which makes us very happy. Thank you for taking the time to share with others. We look forward to seeing you both next time!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Surgeon's House (amazing) and Andrea recommended this restaurant. So glad we listened to her. The shrimp cocktail on special Fridays was absolutely delicious with a great spicy horseradish cocktail sauce. I regret not getting a second one.

The tomato basil soup was wonderful and we both loved it. My husband would have been in heaven is he could have had that soup used as a sauce over pasta. With the basil/pesto it was very much like a flavorful vodka sauce.

My sliders were not that exciting. After initially having items with such great flavors I found the two sandwiches (beef and the pesto) somewhat boring and would try something else next time. My husband's chicken saltimbocca was okay. The addition of the lemon butter made the dish seem super oily. I think a creamy lemon sauce would improve it.

May have been our first time, but can't wait to try it again.

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us as well as others. Your feedback is important and we have checked out the items that were specified. We hope next time the entire meal wows you!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My housemate and I try to visit Jerome at least 1 time a week. We live down in Cottonwood. So it's a nice drive up to Jerome. To our favorite restaurant Grapes. We always get great service. They have friendly servers. Always attentive and reasonable prices plus great specials, We have tried almost every thing on the menu. All of it very good. Pizza, Pasta, Salads and Sandwiches. Great selection of Wines and mixed drinks also Beers. . We really like the Zin Burger as our favorite sandwich. Overall Great dining experience!

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are so happy Grapes is one of your regular stops! Thank you for taking the time to share with us and with future customers. We will see you both soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We love to shop and dine in Jerome and visit there on virtually every trip. This was our first visit to Grapes but and it won't be our last. I had a bowl of the delicious Chipotle Carrot Soup and a Tuscan Berry Salad...both which I would highly recommend. We ate outside looking over the old Ghost Town and mountains surrounding Jerome. This was one of our favorite dining experiences on this trip.

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal! Thank you for the great review, your feedback is important to us. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I stopped here for lunch during a cross country road trip. It was really hot in Jerome, and all we wanted was a satisfying lunch and a cool place to sit with AC. So, we headed to Gapes after the suggestion of two different shop owners. We were greeted and sat immediately, water and drinks followed shortly after. The restaurant was clean, cool and inviting. Our waitress was so friendly- it almost felt like we were having lunch at her house! We each got a lunch special and were very happy with our meals. The food at other tables looked great too- salads, sandwiches, even a decadent looking creme brûlée! Great quality for the money- highly recommend! I hear it's fabulous for dinner, too!

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience and that your server took great care of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future customers. We hope to see you both again next time!

Been to Grapes? Share your experiences!