“Wines are $1.50 a taste, I wasn't super impressed.”
Review of Jerome Winery

Jerome Winery
Ranked #15 of 38 things to do in Jerome
Illinois
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Wines are $1.50 a taste, I wasn't super impressed.”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

I stopped by the Jerome winery, it's up near the top of the hill and has a great view. Wines are $1.50 a taste. The woman doing the tastings was very friendly, her family owns the winery. I prefer sweet wines so those were the ones I tried. With one of the wines they give you chocolate to taste with it. Everything was fine about the experience, I just wasn't super impressed with the actual wines. They weren't bad, but I just did a tasting at the Wild West Wine Co. in Sedona and enjoyed the wines there more. I did not end up buying any bottles in Jerome.

I would recommend it just as a fun stop if you like wine and are in Jerome. Also, I can't really comment on the dry wines, those may be better. They did say you could order food there, but I didn't do it. It was nice to have the option though.

Paradise Valley AZ
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Great wine tastings, cute little stop in unqiue hillside town :-)”
Reviewed 14 February 2009

Had a Gr8 little wine tasting stop at this cozy little wine shop. Melonie served us our tastings - her brother owns the winery & hand presses & bottles the wine. I have to say that the unoaked chard is pretty good, and the cab franc is quite smooth, & i was very surprised that the shiraz was overall fairly balanced. She was attentive & lively during her pours, as well as educational. Please be sure and stop by and give their wines a try! There is a cute outdoor patio cafe which overlooks the amazing valley & town, but since it was winter & snow just fell, we were not able to experience it - we'll come back in summer to try :-)

1 Thank LindaRan
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Terrible”
Reviewed 26 September 2007

Should I recommend this place??, I have travelled from afar and bought a bottle of red wine and when I got home, I had the wrong wine, the lady gave me the wrong wine!??! Yah, mah bad I did not check before I leave, so unreliable, careless..I recommend to hire worthy employees. Wine? not so good. Sorry.

Phoenix AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Place for a Snack”
Reviewed 24 June 2006

Jerome Winery was great for lunch. It's not really a traditional restaurant, but it has meats/cheeses/crackers/sandwiches to snack on while you have your wine or beer.

We had the meat and cheese platter for $10. I didn't expect much, but it was GREAT!!!! We are big eaters, and this filled us up for lunch. It came with 4 different cheeses, 4 different meats, plenty of breads/crackers and a variety of pickled veggies. We sat out on the beautiful patio that overlooked the town and the Connor Hotel. Great!!!

5 Thank sami17