“Nice little B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mile High Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Mile High Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice little B&B”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was the 1st time I had stayed and a B&B and didn't know what to expect. The staff was friendly, the B&B was clean and the food was very good. Some people get freaked out about sharing a restroom, but they kept it very clean. I would def. go back and recommend it for anybody looking to have a good night in Jerome. I would have given them 5 stars, but they don't have TV's in the room. I didn't spend a lot of time in my room, but I do enjoy some ESPN to help wind me down at night lol.

Bottom line is you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PHX_Marco

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

you won't be disappointed here great food service and view. very busy and still was awesome. bit of a wait to get in buy fast friendly service. would definitely go back. great selection main courses and desserts.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank jimimy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed here one night recently in a shared bath room. The beds were very comfortable and warm. The rooms had a sink and bathrobes but there was no TV or telephone. It felt a little strange taking a shower in the shared bathroom but hey, the rooms were cheap at approx $100 including tax and breakfast. The included breakfast was 2 eggs and your choice of sausage/bacon, and breakfast potatoes with toast. Huge portions. I also had a mimosa and small order or French Toast. So good! I would go back for the breakfast alone.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TinaCara
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We had a really pleasant stay here. Upon checking in we were told all sorts of information about town. The woman at the desk offered advice on where to eat, what times places closed, and what bars and tasting rooms we should visit. We booked a room with a shared bath to save some money and we were lucky enough to arrive off reason so the bathroom was all ours. The shared bathroom was very clean and we had robes and towels provided in the room for our use. I would recommend though that if you come during a busy time of year to book a room with its own bathroom…but that’s just my personal opinion on shared bathrooms. The price was reasonable, but for the type of rooms they offer it was a bit on the high side. The price did include breakfast, which was nice. The meal was big and the waiter in the restaurant was very attentive. Other staff members who saw us out in town the evening before made sure to ask about our trip and made sure we were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: It's a small place with VERY thin walls- the rooms are all cute and clean...just keep in mind th...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phoenixwan
Arizona
Reviewed 25 December 2012

My wife and I along with our adult daughter from Texas spent one night at the "Mile High Inn" on Sunday, December 23rd. There are a lot of positive reviews already posted and we totally agree with what others have said. My wife and I stayed in the "Victorian Rose" room and our daughter stayed in the "Memories of the Heart" room. We arrived a little early and we got to see all the rooms because they were just finishing the cleaning. All the rooms were nice but for a street view (not to mention the incredible mountain views) you would need to stay in one of the rooms we stayed in or "Little Daisy" which is sandwiched between them. But...that said, all of the rooms looked very nice and I would have been okay in any of them. If you opt for a shared bath room, there are two baths at each end of the hall and they were very clean. When we arrived the town was filled with people and we had to park a few blocks from the Inn, but just as we were told, most of the day visitors were gone by 4:00 PM and I then parked right across the street and unloaded the luggage. After following wife and daughter around from shop to shop, we ate dinner at "15.Quince Grill & Cantina". I had been looking forward to dinner there after reading other reviews and we were not disapointed. This is a very popular spot so we had to wait at the bar for a short time, and after about half of a beer our table was ready. My wife and daughter are both vegetarians so there are always a few questions before ordering and the staff were all very helpful. I could go on and on about the meal but I will just say that all of our meals were fantastic and I would have liked to have sampled everything I saw coming out of the kitchen. Also, as others mentioned, the margaritas are very good, but only if you have a designated driver if you are leaving town. We were glad we were staying overnight and we enjoyed a walk around town after dark and my wife and daughter managed to find a few more shops that were still open. Quick note on that, I normally am not very excited about visiting shops and will usually arrange a meeting place for later, but all of the shop owners were very friendly and very informative about Jerome, past and present. I actually enjoyed shopping and you would not normally hear me say that. So...to finish up, slept great and headed to the grill for breakfast. We had looked at a menu and because I thought I had read that you could apply the free "two egg breakfast" to another choice, we at first were disapointed when we found out that this was not the case. The waiter patiently explained to us three times that the vouchers could only be used for the "two egg breakfast". So we ordered the included "two egg breakfast", the eggs three different styles, with the included potatoes and toast. Daughter had mentioned no meat because they were vegetarians and we were all surprised when the waiter came back and said the chef had offered to prepare stir fried vegetable side dishes instead of the meat. My wife and daughter were very impressed since normally not getting the meat means just not getting the meat. The breakfasts were all totally excellent and even though we normally would want hash browns with our eggs, the potatoes that came with the "two egg breakfast" were so good that I would have ordered them over hashbrowns anyway. Everything about our stay in Jerome was great and we will look farward to going back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JohnandJanArizona
Kennett Square, PA
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Might be odd, but I'm a sucker for a good breakfast sandwich. MILE HIGH GRILL has the BEST I've ever had! They serve a couple of eggs, havarti cheese, tomatoes, & grilled onions on a crescent roll that is so perfect!!! I couldn't believe how delicious it was!
We've had several meals here, but this was a first for me!
Can't wait to go back & have it again!
Wait staff is very personable! Service with a smile!
Enjoy this place, folks!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hazdamoon
Nashville
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Located right in the center of the mining, "ghost" town of Jerome, the Mile High Inn provides a unique place to stay while in this popular, unusual Arizona tourist destination. The old building has a restaurant on the street level and perhaps five or six rooms on the second floor -- reached by a long, steep stairway. The rooms are well decorated in period style. We stayed in the "Victorian Rose" room which overlooked the main street and offered a nice view down into the valley below. The room was very clean and accommodating in every way. The king-sized bed was very comfortable. There is a well-designed private bath. Despite being a popular tourist destination with many bars and despite being located right in the middle of town, there was little or no noise from the street after 10 pm. We had a restful night's sleep. Breakfast was included in our stay and was excellent. This is a very unique and interesting place to stay and we recommend it highly. Be aware that there is no elevator or television. Also, the heating system seemed mysterious to us -- but we did not need it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Mile High Inn? Share your experiences!