“Choose somewhere else.”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Uncomfortable beds. Uncomfortable intrusiveness. Nickled and dimed experience.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Traveltoandbackagain
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

I wouldn't have had this happen for the world, and wish I would have known at the time so that you would not have had this unpleasant experience. It is my goal to make our guests' stay as perfect as possible. In order to achieve this goal I encourage my guests to inform me immediately of any problems they may be having. I can not correct a problem unless I know about it. As far as our mattresses go, I change them every two years (well before any warranty expires), and flip and rotate them every three months.

Since we can't make this right for you, we have redoubled our efforts for future guests by including questions regarding pillow and mattress preferences at the time of reservation just as we enquire about special dietary restrictions.

There are newer reviews for Surgeon's House

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Stayed in the Surgeon's House chauffeaur's quarters. It was just lovely. Andrea's inn style and breakfast lives up to all the reviews.
Prepare yourself for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in one meal!
Unique experience, stunning views, and all in a terrific art filled town.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2010

This is one of those places I'd like to keep a secret from the rest of the world, but I want Andrea to have a successful business, so here we go....

I've stayed at Andrea's house multiple times and it is always a delightful trip. I've also stayed at Jerome Grand and Connor Hotel in the past and they just do not compare to the Surgeon's House. She welcomes you into your home like you were family, but also gives you space so you have your privacy. Her breakfast is the best I've every had with an assortment of food -- even the pickiest of eaters are sure to find something to enjoy. The location is also great - one block up the hill from the main street in Jerome. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2010

What a great time we had staying at the Surgeon's House in Jerome, Arizona. This was our 3rd visit to the not-so-scary ghost town of Jerome, but our first time staying over. Once a thriving mining town, Jerome is now a haven for artists and friendly ghosts and perhaps the best view of the valley and San Francisco mountain in all of Arizona!

Even if there were lots of places to stay in Jerome (there aren't many) we'd still want to stay with Ms. Andrea. Our two young kids (11 and 6) were a little concerned about ghosts (we didn't see any) and tad upset there was no TV, but those minor things did nothing to distract us from having a great time staying at the beautiful and charming Surgeon's House. As I told my daughter, if there were any supernatural creatures there, they'd have been fairies. Andrea has lovingly cared for this historic residence and filled it with many of her own personal charms. The quintessential B&B, Surgeon's House offers lots of peace and quiet and the view is outstanding. We had a gorgeous moon and a very cool night in which to view the stars from our private balcony. Fortunately we had many blankets to keep us warm. Next time we visit, we hope to take advantage of her colorful and inviting gardens!

We had the whole upper floor to ourselves and we filled the evening hours (after visiting the Haunted Hamburger) with a rousing game of War, which helped the kids pass the time. The morning breakfast was without a doubt the greatest part of this visit. Andrea's cooking skills are unmatched and she whipped up the tastiest gourmet breakfast that we have ever had. Even my picky daughter and son found something they loved. Fresh fruit, homemade spreads, the world's best omelet, scones, and all the warm and delightful coffee you could drink. Did I mention how awesome it all tasted? Oh, she even had some baked goods available for her overnight guests. We bought her cookbooks, though I doubt I could ever recreate those masterpieces.

Andrea couldn't have been more welcoming and kind, and was certainly tolerant of our occasionally inquisitive children. We had a great time! Thanks so much Ms. Prince!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My wife and I loved staying at the Surgeon's House. Jermone is a quirky town, fun to visit...and staying at the Surgeon's House was just fun! But the best part was the awesome breakfast. Tons of food, all super yummy, with lots of options (all homemade). However, if you want a boring place to stay with people who have no personality, the Surgeon's House won't be for you.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay while visiting the unique town of Jerome. We stayed in the master suite and it was lovely, we even had our own private balcony with a wonderful view. Andrea is a lovely hostess and a superb chef. We were there for two days and both breakfasts were fantastic.
If you frequent B & B's or have never given one a try this should be on your list. The home, the grounds, and the food should not be missed.
Thank you Andrea!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This was my first ever experience with a B&B and it was wonderful. Andrea was a great host and so much fun to get to know. My friend and I actually stayed in September 2008 but I've always wanted to write a review about this place. We stayed in the Master Suite and it was exactly as it's pictured on her website and even more beautiful and homey. We started our visit with a short nap on our private balcony and then we left to explore the town. The Surgeon's House is in a great scenic location. I would definitely go back if I have the chance.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!