“A GREAT STAY!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“A GREAT STAY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We stayed at the Surgeon's House and it was great. This was one of the best places I have ever stayed. Andrea the owner is a great person with a beautiful heart . I felt like I was a friend not just someone staying at a B and B. I loved the breakfast that Andrea made for us. Andrea's home is filled with pictures and plants making it very feel friendly and inviting. The gardens are the best part with Andrea's home. I LOVED the KOI POUND, I could spend hours sitting next to the pound and in Andrea's gardens. Andrea puts beautiful music on that plays all in the gardens. Andrea does the little things that make the stay great and beautiful. Thank you Andrea for a great stay and now I have a new friend and will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Julie, I am gratified at your gracious remarks and am pleased that my home provided you with such a pleasant stay. It is always reassuring to hear that my efforts have produced their desired results. It is my intention that my guests feel at home, know the beauty of the gardens, and, in general, are imbued with the magic of the setting. It warms my heart to hear that you were able to experience the enchantment. And, of course, above all, it is always a delight to make a new friend. I look forward to your next visit. Yours, Andrea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is a b&b in a house that was once the 'surgeons' home who worked at the nearby asylum (now a hotel and resteraunt). It is the owners home but you have the run of the main house ground floor, balcony and gardens. The owner is very welcoming and prides herself on breaksafst!

It is a little 'different' but a good experience. Comfortable and clean.

Jerome is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Think of parking - Jerome is a town on a hill
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I chose The Surgeon’s House as a place to celebrate our anniversary. The moment we walked in the door, the owner, Andrea, made us feel special. She gave us a tour right away and invited us to make ourselves at home. The tour began with her beautiful atrium, filled with luscious greenery and overlooking the beautiful Verde Valley through many large windows.

Our room was gorgeous, very open and cozy at the same time. We had requested The Maid’s Suite Front because of the dual view it offered. Having many windows on two walls, it offered a view of both the gorgeous garden and the amazing Verde Valley. The bed was very comfortable, and so were the many chairs scattered around the room.

Andrea’s breakfasts were better than any food I have ever eaten. Both fresh and creative, they would tempt any palate. She made sure breakfast consisted of a variety of foods that were both healthy and delicious, including salmon, tilapia, potatoes, vegetables grown fresh, egg frittatas, and homemade scones. The meal alone would have made me want to return!

She offered an array of what she called “midnight snacks” (although they were available at all times), small things like mixed nuts, dried fruit and brownies. She also offered complimentary drinks including soda pop, beer, and wine. In the mornings, you could request hot tea or coffee, both decaf and regular.

I would recommend this bed and breakfast for anyone looking for a beautiful, fairly inexpensive place to stay in Jerome. The owner of The Surgeon’s House sure does go the extra mile for all her guests!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cdavis2005
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

Uncomfortable beds. Uncomfortable intrusiveness. Nickled and dimed experience.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Traveltoandbackagain
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
I wouldn't have had this happen for the world, and wish I would have known at the time so that you would not have had this unpleasant experience. It is my goal to make our guests' stay as perfect as possible. In order to achieve this goal I encourage my guests to inform me immediately of any problems they may be having. I can not correct a problem unless I know about it. As far as our mattresses go, I change them every two years (well before any warranty expires), and flip and rotate them every three months.

Since we can't make this right for you, we have redoubled our efforts for future guests by including questions regarding pillow and mattress preferences at the time of reservation just as we enquire about special dietary restrictions.
Hudson, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

Stayed in the Surgeon's House chauffeaur's quarters. It was just lovely. Andrea's inn style and breakfast lives up to all the reviews.
Prepare yourself for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in one meal!
Unique experience, stunning views, and all in a terrific art filled town.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

This is one of those places I'd like to keep a secret from the rest of the world, but I want Andrea to have a successful business, so here we go....

I've stayed at Andrea's house multiple times and it is always a delightful trip. I've also stayed at Jerome Grand and Connor Hotel in the past and they just do not compare to the Surgeon's House. She welcomes you into your home like you were family, but also gives you space so you have your privacy. Her breakfast is the best I've every had with an assortment of food -- even the pickiest of eaters are sure to find something to enjoy. The location is also great - one block up the hill from the main street in Jerome. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

What a great time we had staying at the Surgeon's House in Jerome, Arizona. This was our 3rd visit to the not-so-scary ghost town of Jerome, but our first time staying over. Once a thriving mining town, Jerome is now a haven for artists and friendly ghosts and perhaps the best view of the valley and San Francisco mountain in all of Arizona!

Even if there were lots of places to stay in Jerome (there aren't many) we'd still want to stay with Ms. Andrea. Our two young kids (11 and 6) were a little concerned about ghosts (we didn't see any) and tad upset there was no TV, but those minor things did nothing to distract us from having a great time staying at the beautiful and charming Surgeon's House. As I told my daughter, if there were any supernatural creatures there, they'd have been fairies. Andrea has lovingly cared for this historic residence and filled it with many of her own personal charms. The quintessential B&B, Surgeon's House offers lots of peace and quiet and the view is outstanding. We had a gorgeous moon and a very cool night in which to view the stars from our private balcony. Fortunately we had many blankets to keep us warm. Next time we visit, we hope to take advantage of her colorful and inviting gardens!

We had the whole upper floor to ourselves and we filled the evening hours (after visiting the Haunted Hamburger) with a rousing game of War, which helped the kids pass the time. The morning breakfast was without a doubt the greatest part of this visit. Andrea's cooking skills are unmatched and she whipped up the tastiest gourmet breakfast that we have ever had. Even my picky daughter and son found something they loved. Fresh fruit, homemade spreads, the world's best omelet, scones, and all the warm and delightful coffee you could drink. Did I mention how awesome it all tasted? Oh, she even had some baked goods available for her overnight guests. We bought her cookbooks, though I doubt I could ever recreate those masterpieces.

Andrea couldn't have been more welcoming and kind, and was certainly tolerant of our occasionally inquisitive children. We had a great time! Thanks so much Ms. Prince!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#2 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!