“A Most Beautiful & Tranquil B&B”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Chandler, Arizona
“A Most Beautiful & Tranquil B&B”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I had the enormous pleasure of spending a couple days at The Surgeons House in Jerome, Arizona. It was a magical experience. This beautiful home built in the early 1920's retains its early twentieth century glamor and elegance. The grounds surrounding this wonderful bed and breakfast are thick with green, luscious plants and heavy with a profusion of blooming flowers that make you feel you have stepped in to 'fairy land'.

The proprietor, Andrea Prince, makes you feel so at home that from the moment you step inside you feel you have found 'your special place' to relax and unwind from the stress and pressures of our daily existence.

I stayed in the Back Maid's Room which has its own bath (as all the rooms do) and private balcony and you are treated to large windows bringing that gorgeous garden right in to your room for your own private pleasure.

As as if this isn't enough, you are treated to Andrea's five star, sumptuous, mouth watering breakfast which is a memorable experience all on its own! All I can say is, I know I will be back and as often as I am able. Wonderful, wonderful experience. Please treat yourself and book a room at The Surgeons House for an experience you too will treasure!

Room Tip: You can't miss - each of the four rooms are fabulous; three with gorgeous views of Valle
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Dear Michele,
I would like to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your stay. I feel blessed to be able to share my home and beautiful grounds with you. I believe that I am just the caretaker of a sacred space - a space that belongs to all those seeking beauty and peace in their lives. Please come again. You are always welcome.
Andrea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We stayed at the Surgeon's House and it was great. This was one of the best places I have ever stayed. Andrea the owner is a great person with a beautiful heart . I felt like I was a friend not just someone staying at a B and B. I loved the breakfast that Andrea made for us. Andrea's home is filled with pictures and plants making it very feel friendly and inviting. The gardens are the best part with Andrea's home. I LOVED the KOI POUND, I could spend hours sitting next to the pound and in Andrea's gardens. Andrea puts beautiful music on that plays all in the gardens. Andrea does the little things that make the stay great and beautiful. Thank you Andrea for a great stay and now I have a new friend and will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Julie, I am gratified at your gracious remarks and am pleased that my home provided you with such a pleasant stay. It is always reassuring to hear that my efforts have produced their desired results. It is my intention that my guests feel at home, know the beauty of the gardens, and, in general, are imbued with the magic of the setting. It warms my heart to hear that you were able to experience the enchantment. And, of course, above all, it is always a delight to make a new friend. I look forward to your next visit. Yours, Andrea
Yorkshire
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is a b&b in a house that was once the 'surgeons' home who worked at the nearby asylum (now a hotel and resteraunt). It is the owners home but you have the run of the main house ground floor, balcony and gardens. The owner is very welcoming and prides herself on breaksafst!

It is a little 'different' but a good experience. Comfortable and clean.

Jerome is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Think of parking - Jerome is a town on a hill
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I chose The Surgeon’s House as a place to celebrate our anniversary. The moment we walked in the door, the owner, Andrea, made us feel special. She gave us a tour right away and invited us to make ourselves at home. The tour began with her beautiful atrium, filled with luscious greenery and overlooking the beautiful Verde Valley through many large windows.

Our room was gorgeous, very open and cozy at the same time. We had requested The Maid’s Suite Front because of the dual view it offered. Having many windows on two walls, it offered a view of both the gorgeous garden and the amazing Verde Valley. The bed was very comfortable, and so were the many chairs scattered around the room.

Andrea’s breakfasts were better than any food I have ever eaten. Both fresh and creative, they would tempt any palate. She made sure breakfast consisted of a variety of foods that were both healthy and delicious, including salmon, tilapia, potatoes, vegetables grown fresh, egg frittatas, and homemade scones. The meal alone would have made me want to return!

She offered an array of what she called “midnight snacks” (although they were available at all times), small things like mixed nuts, dried fruit and brownies. She also offered complimentary drinks including soda pop, beer, and wine. In the mornings, you could request hot tea or coffee, both decaf and regular.

I would recommend this bed and breakfast for anyone looking for a beautiful, fairly inexpensive place to stay in Jerome. The owner of The Surgeon’s House sure does go the extra mile for all her guests!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cdavis2005
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Uncomfortable beds. Uncomfortable intrusiveness. Nickled and dimed experience.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Traveltoandbackagain
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
I wouldn't have had this happen for the world, and wish I would have known at the time so that you would not have had this unpleasant experience. It is my goal to make our guests' stay as perfect as possible. In order to achieve this goal I encourage my guests to inform me immediately of any problems they may be having. I can not correct a problem unless I know about it. As far as our mattresses go, I change them every two years (well before any warranty expires), and flip and rotate them every three months.

Since we can't make this right for you, we have redoubled our efforts for future guests by including questions regarding pillow and mattress preferences at the time of reservation just as we enquire about special dietary restrictions.
Hudson, NY
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Stayed in the Surgeon's House chauffeaur's quarters. It was just lovely. Andrea's inn style and breakfast lives up to all the reviews.
Prepare yourself for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in one meal!
Unique experience, stunning views, and all in a terrific art filled town.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 31 December 2010

This is one of those places I'd like to keep a secret from the rest of the world, but I want Andrea to have a successful business, so here we go....

I've stayed at Andrea's house multiple times and it is always a delightful trip. I've also stayed at Jerome Grand and Connor Hotel in the past and they just do not compare to the Surgeon's House. She welcomes you into your home like you were family, but also gives you space so you have your privacy. Her breakfast is the best I've every had with an assortment of food -- even the pickiest of eaters are sure to find something to enjoy. The location is also great - one block up the hill from the main street in Jerome. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!