“Great winter stay in Jerome and what a breakfast!”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Australia
“Great winter stay in Jerome and what a breakfast!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I really enjoyed my one night stay in the Surgeon's House in Jerome. I stayed in the Main Suite and it was huge (way too big for just one person really!) but it had a lovely balcony with a great view, especially as the sun came up. The Surgeon's House is at the "top" end of Jerome so you can wander down the hill and back up again to check out the shops and enjoy the town. It was certainly chilly at night, but when the sun was out it was very pleasant. The owner Andrea was not there, but her assistant Leigh was extremely helpful and friendly. Leigh made dinner reservations for me and we had some good conversations during my stay. I definitely think chatting with Leigh made the experience of the Surgeon's House just that much better. The breakfast was divine (danish, fruit, coffee, salmon, asparagus, baby potatoes, mushrooms, breakfast burrito and cornbread...whew!) and I enjoyed the cozy, warm atmosphere of the house. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank atacoatemybaby
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
I'm gratified that you enjoyed your stay and sorry that I missed you. Once in a blue moon I get to take a couple of days off. Fortunately, Leigh is gracious enough to help me on those rare days. I will pass along your compliments to her, for certainly she deserves them! I hope we see you again. Think about summer and those balmy, warm, star-filled nights!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I can't say enough good things about this B&B. We stayed during their Crimson and Cooper special which was $145 for all rooms Sunday-Thursday and half off the second night. You also got a voucher to return at the same rate over the upcoming summer. We stayed Thursday and Friday night in the Maid's Suite Back. Normally, the room is $175 a night but with the special, both nights came out to $260 including tax. It had it's own private bathroom, sitting room, and outside patio that had it's own private entrance.

The bed was a little hard but after walking around all day, it still ended up being comfortable. I also spent alot of time curled up on the chaise lounge with a chenille blanket in the room. There was also a faux fireplace heater which kept me nice and toasty on that lounge. The tub/shower and sink is a part of the sitting room which was a little odd but we didn't mind. There is no TV or Wi-Fi which forced me to relax more. I appreciated that.

The grounds/gardens are nice and many little spots throughout the house and yard that you could catch some peace and quiet. The views from the front porch of the house are incredible and my husband and I spent a few mornings drinking coffee out there looking out.

The breakfasts that Andrea made were amazing. The first morning, the dishes consisted of a seasoned white fish, homemade mustard sauce on the side, a cauliflower bake, bread pudding, marinated zucchini, cheesy grits, and homemade vanilla scones. The scones had a homemade cream and chocolate sauce on the side. Oh and before the hot dishes were put out, there was a homemade sorbet on the plates.

The second morning, there was a mix on the plates consisting of bananas, yogurt, and some granola I think. The hot dishes were a shredded pork, irish soda bread, cinnamon scones, cheesy eggs, and sauteed mushrooms. Of course there was the various juices and coffee. In the fridge was also stocked with drinks, beer and wine for the guests. This was easily one of the best B&B's I have stayed at and it is rated #1 on Tripadvisor. I can see why and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: There is no Wi-Fi and hard to catch a wireless signal
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TinaCara
I think I need to hire you as my marketing director. Wow! What a review. Thank you very much, and I'm so glad that you really enjoyed yourself. I would like to make one correction however. We do have Wi-Fi - sporadically. We broadcast from our computer station downstairs. Sometimes the signal is strong and dependable, and other times it's not there at all, and we haven't been able to figure out why. We'll keep working on it . . .
Arizona
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This place is a beautiful retreat. We stayed in the Master Suite and loved all the space and the great views. The entire house and grounds are amazing, and Andrea was so warm and hospitable. The snacks/beverages in the refrigerator at all times was a nice touch. The breakfast was a work of art!!! Have never seen anything quite like it....delicious and presented beautifully. We were there in early December and loved the Crimson and Copper Christmas decorations (move aside Martha Stewart). We can't wait to go back this summer!!! Thanks so much for the memorable stay Andrea! Michelle & Ryan

Room Tip: The Chauffer's Quarters and Master Suite have the best balconies. However, we glanced in the ot...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
I'm so happy that you had a great time and were able to take advantage of the Crimson and Copper special. I look forward to seeing you this summer. If you thought it was nice in December, just wait until you see the gardens in full bloom!
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I would love to write a long detailed review but I would be writing forever-EVERYTHING is wonderful about this place. From the location, to the gardens, to the hospitality, to the room, to the food-Andrea gives you a truly amazing experience! We stayed in the Chauffeurs Quarters with our own private garden and balcony-it was wonderful!

Room Tip: Look at her website to see detailed slide shows of each room!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
I am so delighted that you had a grand experience in the Chauffeur"s Quarters. It always warms my heart to know that I have been able to provide a restful and rewarding stay for my guests. Please, please come again. And don't forget to tell your friends about our Crimson and Copper special going on during the Holidays.
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Surgeon's House for the second time...we loved it the first time around, this time we brought our 12 year old son to try it out and he loved it too. Andrea, the owner, is welcoming and wonderful, her breakfasts are HUGE and sublime (DO NOT eat a large dinner the evening before, you want to be able to enjoy breakfast!). If you are a reader, there are many nooks and crannies indoors and out to read or just hang out. Jerome is a funky, magical town, and the Surgeon's House is part of the scheme...LOVE IT! Our favorite room is the Master's Suite, we love the balcony from which you can enjoy the amazing Jerome sunset. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Surgeon's House last weekend. Several of us travelled to Jerome for the weekend and stayed there. The House was very quaint with beautiful gardens and lovely rooms. My husband and I stayed in the Master Suite which was so nice and open. I so enjoyed having the windows open with all the fresh air too. It was a nice change of pace instead of a hotel. Also, Andrea makes a fabulous brunch on Sunday.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dsparis1
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to share the good times with your friends. I hope that your time and experiences in my home were helpful in strengthening the bonds of those friendships. Please come see us again.
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 23 September 2011

It's been almost 2 years since I visited Jerome and stayed at the Surgeon's House B&B with my then fiancé. We STILL talk about this place! The town itself is magical, and Andrea's home is a dream. We were fascinated by how unique it was, and the breakfasts were like something you've never seen before! I bought her cookbook and there are several breakfast casseroles from it that have become staples in our house. Anyway, I don't do much reviewing, but I've been meaning to give this place a mention because it's one of a kind! Did I mention the view? That's amazing too! - Michelle & Andrew Bell

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
I think that's the first time someone waited two years to write a review, but thank you. It's very gracious of you to not only remember your stay so fondly, but to write such nice words about the Surgeon's House. I hope that you and your husband will return soon. Starting on November 20th we are offering a holiday special! Check the website for details.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!