“Like staying at a friend's house”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The Surgeon's House was recommended by some freinds. Could not have been a more perfect accomodation choice in Jerome. Staying in the house and room was actually experiencing owner Andreas home. No matter where you looked there was something of hers or belonging to past generations. Evening wine, midnight snacks in the kitchen added to homey feel. Breakfast was beyond extraordinary. Have eating 5 Star dinners and this was a 5 star breakfast. If just passing through or making Jerome your destination this is a MUST STAY bed and breakfast. Ate dinner at the Asylum next to the property and would not recommend it. Only here for 1 night but there must be other dining establishments that are better.

Room Tip: They are all unique and really just vary in size. Only 3 rooms and 1 detached.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Hearing you say it's like staying at a friend's house really brightens my day, because that's exactly the feeling I want my guests to have while they are here. I'm so happy that that's how you felt. Please come back anytime.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed in Andrea’s home for two nights during our one-week road-trip in AZ/NM and we would have loved to stay longer.
This is an enchanting place that has its very own magic and character. The house and the garden are beautiful, the location on top of a hill with wonderful views of the Verde Valley are not to be missed.
What truly makes this a very special experience is meeting Andrea, the owner, who is the most delightful and vibrant person you can imagine. Her love for the place is contagious and she makes you feel at home immediately.
Andrea decorated the house and surrounding garden with utmost attention to detail honoring the character and history of the place.
We stayed in the Maid’s Suite Back room, a gorgeous and spacious retreat with a wonderful patio area.
In the kitchen you will find complimentary drinks all day and night and the most delicious homemade sweet treats.
The breakfast was exceptional; something you will remember. Andrea is an excellent and creative cook and offers a selection of homemade entrees, cake and starters. Everything was just delicious. Unfortunately, we had to leave before breakfast on the second day, but Andrea sent us away with a freshly baked cake that we savored at the airport. This is one of the places you can’t wait to come back to.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

I can't wait to have you back. I am blessed to meet so many wonderful people as the hostess of the Surgeon's House, and, of course, I'm including you among them. I'm glad that you liked your stay in the the Maid's Back Suite. It was just recently been expanded and remodeled into the gracious suite that it is now. Please come back as soon and as often as your lives allow.

Reviewed 29 November 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Surgeon's house more than we know, really we can't figure it out. In a nutshell, my wife believes it is "Heaven on Earth." I believe it is "Heaven on Earth" too, plus you can pet the fish. We would recommend this place, and do, to anyone. Be prepared for a real getaway.

And thank you to the host, Andrea, who has such a fresh and lovely spirit. We are so thankful to have met you.

See you soon,

Los Byers

Room Tip: They are all great. I have a particular liking for the Maid's Back Suite. My wife loves the Ch...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

It was such a treat to host you and your lovely wife and I can't thank you enough for your beautiful guitar playing as we were decorating for the holidays. To have someone playing madrigals while we were hanging the lights and garlands was magical and so much in the spirit of the season. You helped make it heaven on earth. Thank you, thank you, thank you . . .

Reviewed 18 October 2012

If the Surgeon's House does not get an excellent review from anyone it must be that they don't appreciate what B&B's are all about. The gardens are beautiful, the breakfast was large, varied and delicious and the rooms lovely. If there is anything I do not like about B&B's it is that you can occasionally feel like you are intruding on the Inn Keeper. At the Surgeon's House you feel like the home is yours. My teenage daughter loved it every bit as much as I. Pour yourself some complimentary wine, sit in the garden and watch the sunset. Magical

Room Tip: we stayed in the Back Maids Room. It is the only one without a "view" but you have your o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

I appreciate your comments as one with experience in the world of B&Bs. I agree that the host or hostess should be available but not intrusive. I try my best to strike that balance. I'm gratified that you felt at home and found the magic that is the Surgeon's House. That magic will be here whenever you need it. Please come back and see us.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have done a lot of research on the hotels, restaurants, and attractions in and around Jerome. Of all my searching I have found the Andreas home is the most welcoming and the most serene when visiting the beautiful city. I made reservations for my anniversary on her website and got a response quickly. Before meeting Andrea I got a sense of comfort as well as when we arrived by her and her assistant. We stayed in the chauffeurs quarters with the private patio over looking the valley.I can't explain more how wonderful this place is.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Staceys0224
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for your gracious words. I feel honored that you would choose my home for an occasion as special as your anniversary. Come back whenever you feel the need for the serenity you found here. I will do my best to make sure that all your wants and needs will be fulfilled.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

On our second trip to Jerome we chose to stay at the Surgeon's house and we are guests for life! the amout of care and level of detail Andrea show for you comfort and enjoyment can't possible be matched by and hotel or resort. the atmosphere is like nothing else you will see and beauty surrounds you. This is one of the most peaceful places i have ever been or stayed and as i said before i will stay there every time we are in town. Do yourself a favor and don't pass this up!

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the master suite and the chaufer's quarters have a balcony that over loo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

I'm so glad your enjoyed yourself so much that you've decided to stay here whenever you revisit Jerome. Having guests such as yourself makes it easy to provide a restful and peaceful experience. When the hostess and guest are in harmony, beauty and and joy are natural outcomes. Please come back soon. Autumn is an amazing time to be in Jerome!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We decided to rent out the entire place to celebrate my 50th birthday this past weekend. I have only stayed at the Grand Hotel in Jerome and had no idea what a perfect place Andrea's home would be. The entire weekend was all about us and having a great time with our friends! Andrea is a perfect hostess and her home is magical. Each and everyone of us completly enjoyed the wonderful food, the views, the grounds and the stories :) We look forward to another weekend visit to the Surgeons House very soon. Thanks so much for the great memories!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

It was a great celebration, and I'm glad that we could be a part of it! I have been surprised over the years how many folks come to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, and all their special events. And, by the way, when you stay here, it IS all about you. You deserve to be spoiled every once in a while!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
The Inn Above Oak Creek
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!