“MOST AMAZING STAY EVER :)”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
“MOST AMAZING STAY EVER :)”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I went here for a stay in Feb. WE had an awesome time! THe home is CLEAN, SPacious, and welcoming! THE FOOD IS AMAZING! THe town of Jerome is so adorable and quiet! WE WILL COME BACK AGAIN!

THank you for opening your home to us! :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for the glowing review! It was my pleasure to share my home with you and your husband. Please come back soon. I think you would love it in the summer when the gardens really weave a magic spell around the house. The bouquet of jasmine, roses, and other blossoms permeate the warm night air. A blanket of stars fill the sky above you. It's unbelievable . . .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I just completed my fourth stay at the Surgeon's House, and it sure won't be my last! There is something so magical about the little town of Jerome. I love it there, and firmly believe that to truly experience it, you need to spend several nights. After the tourists leave, and the day start to turn into evening, there's not a better place in town to sit and wind down than the patio of Andrea's lovely home. Its "million dollar view" never ceases to amaze me. The house is always spotless, yet extremely comfy...and the breakfast is incredible. I have always stayed in the Master Suite, and sure wish Andrea would change its name to the Mistress Suite! But, I've seen all of the rooms, and you absolutely cannot go wrong. Thanks again, Andrea. You rock!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
I'm so glad that you called it "home away from home", because that is exactly what I want my guests to feel. There's nothing better than travelling to a beautiful, charming place like Jerome and still feeling relaxed and comfortable. I hope to see you again soon!
Hixton, WI
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The landscape is like a an arboretum, the house and furnishings are just beautiful and the food is stupendous. Andrea took the day off and Denice took care of us and she indeed took care of us-she is one awesome cook and so very sweet. I would recommend staying two nights so you can enjoy and absorb the relaxing beauty of the place. Checkout is at 11am and one cannot check in until 4pm and so you need at least two days to really get the full enjoyment out of the place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chauffeur's Quarters and it was very private, beautiful and unique.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for mentioning Denise Clayton's amazing skills as a chef. I am blessed that she will be visiting occasionally and taking over the cooking and inn-sitting duties. I also agree with you that it's hard to get the full flavor of the Surgeon's House and the town of Jerome with one night's stay. I look forward to seeing you again soon, hopefully for at least two nights!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This B & B sits atop a hill in a small, revitalized old mining town that features shopping, biker bars, great restaurants, and lots of handcrafted jewelry.

A mecca for the "free spirits", Jerome is the place to visit. I recommend the Surgeon's House for the warmth of Andrea Prince, her made-from-scratch breakfasts and the gardens where the koi are so tame that they suck your fingers thinking that you are bringing them their food.

And a fifty-mile view is not too shabby, either.

Room Tip: Each one is different and unique: check the website for photos.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I'm so glad you liked our quirky little town and that you enjoyed your stay. Next time you come I'll tell you the name of each and everyone of those funky koi.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Beautiful location on top of the mountain in Jerome. Very quaint B&B with great sized rooms. You can tell Andrea loves to have company. The highlight, as always, is the breakfast. Unbelievable. We stayed in the Front Maids room. Spacious room with large bath. We are going back in May and we are staying in the Master Bedroom.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
I am so happy that you enjoyed your breakfast so much and am delighted that you are coming back so soon. If you're lucky you might experience the amazing cooking of Denise Clayton (a well known Phoenix chef) who has graciously agreed to lend her talents occasionally in our kitchen. You can see a profile of Denise on the website. See you soon!
Austin, TX
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The Surgeon’s House is a lovely place to stay in Jermone, AZ. Once in Jermone, you can easily walk to shops and restaurants.

Our stay at The Surgeon’s House B&B was absolutely lovely, thanks to the care and organization that Andrea provides. The home is warmly decorated, and we really enjoyed our accommodations in the Chauffeur’s Quarters, which is a room over the garage, detached from the main house. Our room had windows all around and a private rooftop garden and patio. I called the bed a “princess bed” because it sat so far above the ground. For a refrigerator the room has a vintage (maybe commercial?) refrigerator unlike any I had seen before. The room also had the privacy of its own bathroom.

We really appreciated the great touches that Andrea added to our stay. She welcomed us with very specific instructions about how to get to Surgeon’s House, where to park and what to expect upon arrival. We were then treated to evening snacks left for us in the kitchen. In the morning at 8:30 sharp Miss Andrea (or Consuela as she likes to call herself at that hour of the day) served up a lavish feast for breakfast. Breakfast started with a bowl of yogurt, sliced bananas and cereal at each place setting. Then from a buffet table we could serve ourselves fish filets, homemade mustard, homemade hatch chilies, a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs-type dish, country potatoes, cooked cabbage, marinated crimini mushrooms, freshly baked soft white bread and a breakfast cake. Even after all the houseguests had eaten their fill, there was plenty of food leftover, and Andrea encouraged us to make packets of food to go.

If you are ever visiting the Sedona/Jerome area, I would highly recommend that you book your accommodations with Andrea at the Surgeon’s House. If I’m ever back that way, I know for sure that this is where I will stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
I think I blushed a little when I read your review. Such nice comments. I do hope you will return when you have the opportunity. The gardens are coming alive and promise to be lush and full of color this summer, especially the wysteria in the upper garden. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast fare and am pleased to announce that this summer we will have a guest chef at the helm a few times a month. Her name is Denise Clayton. She has a large following in Phoenix, and she will be cooking and offering classes. It's not to be missed.
Red Wing, MN
Reviewed 25 March 2013

If you are looking for a unique and wonderful place to stay, this is the one you should choose! Andrea provides superior service and you feel at home in this spacious and eclectic bed and breakfast. You also wake up to a breakfast you will not believe - definitely not your traditional fare, and ALL delicious! We stayed in the master suite one night and the chauffer's quarters one night. They were both great! Choose the chauffer's quarters if you would like more privacy, since it is in its own building. We actually preferred the master suite, since it was more spacious. This is definitely NOT a cookie cutter experience, and by the way, neither is the whole city of Jerome. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Choose the chauffer's quarters if you would like more privacy, as it's off on its own. Howev...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you, thank you for your glowing review. I'm so happy that you were able to avail yourselves to a variety of rooms during your stay. It's true that each room has its own charm and ambience. It is a joy to me that you had such a pleasant stay and I hope you will return later in the spring or summer when the gardens are in full and glorious bloom. They are not to be missed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!