“Always a pleasure staying here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Always a pleasure staying here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was our second experience staying with Andrea and it is always great. Our first time was in 2009 when we stayed for 1 night in the front part of the Maid's Suite. We love to stay at small boutique hotels or bed & breakfasts and I always check TripAdvisor to find the best. This time we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and stayed for 2 nights in the Chauffeur's Quarters over the garage. What a wonderful treat--lovely room with comfy king bed, our personal garden and large patio area on top of the garage overlooking the entire valley. As usual, Andrea was her friendly, welcoming self and had a very nice lady named Opal assisting her. The breakfasts are always unique and delicious and you always feel welcomed here like old friends or family. Thanks again, Andrea and Opal, for another wonderful stay--you made our anniversary the unique experience we had hoped for!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OperaDiva71
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
I'm so pleased that you came for another visit. The Chauffeur's Quarters is a totally unique and magicial space. Sometimes when there are no guests, I will sneak in and spend the night myself. Opal will be so tickled that you mentioned her. I believe this is the first time on Trip Advisor that she has been given a rave review. Go Opal!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chandler, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Thank you Andrea - another wonderful stay at the Surgeon's House over Memorial Day and breakfast as always was amazing! We stayed in the Maids Suite Front which was very comfortable and inviting. Thanks and looking forward to our next trip to Jerome ...

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms at Surgeons House B & B and have stayed in each one throughout the years ... a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank busytraveler50
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
It's always good to see you, and I'm glad that you got all that you wanted and needed at my coconut island in the sky. You are one of the select few who have stayed in all four rooms. We were just doing a couple of small improvements to the Maid's Front today. At the request of a previous guest we installed a shaving mirror in the bathroom on an articulating arm for the guys. We're always aiming to please and are grateful for any suggestion that might improve our services. Please come back soon. Summer is the most beautiful time to be here.
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Maid's Quarters--2nd floor, facing east

It's hard too add much to the reviews recently posted. The hospitality is exceptional; both
Andrea and Opal immediately make you feel at home. The house and grounds are so
very interesting that we regret that we had only one night and parts of two days
to take it all in. Our room had a very good view, a great bed, and fine amenities. The only
shortcomings of this room would be: no deck, no tub, a sink mirror at an angle not
convenient for shaving, and rather dim lighting for reading in bed.
We found that with the many sitting areas both on the front porch & in the side yard that
we used those more than the chairs in the room.

The intersection of Hwy 89A & Hill is most easily negotiated if coming from the
Sedona/Cottonwood direction. Another thing to be aware of is that the iron gate
to the house from the garage has some protruding, sharp metal rods that are
part of the gate's artistic design; as these rods are near the bottom one could easily
trip over them or worse.

Even though Jerome is on a steep hill it is possible & enjoyable to walk the town,
particularly in the early morning, as there is a sidewalk along the main road--down to the
old high school which is now an artist enclave. From the main road (89A) it is an easy
walk to the State Historic Park.

Room Tip: the east facing rooms have a great view; the master's quarters has a private deck
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
I really hope that you are able to come back soon and spend more time enjoying my home and the town. The summer is an incredible time to be here. Everything is so lush and full of life and color. The nights are warm and the sky filled with stars. It's truly magical. Oh, by the way, we're going to fix the angle of that mirror and provide stronger lighting over the bed. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Exceptional hospitality with host Andrea. Clean and serene! Discoveries to be made - don't overlook the garden area, with water features, Koi ponds and flouishing plants. A zillion plants inside as well. Splendid herb garden supports a myriad of delights for the breakfast menu. Step into the historic past and return with a smile.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken H
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Twenty-one years . . . I never would have thunk it - that I would still be here, but it turns out that my coconut island in the sky has become quite the sanctuary for myself and my guests. It is a very special place, and every day I give thanks that I get to live here and share it with folks like you. Come back soon!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at Surgeon's House for our 25th anniversary. I had been in contact with Andrea for 3 weeks prior to our visit. She made sure everything was arranged to my liking, down to the surprise cake to be presented at our dinner at the Asylum. We were greeted by Opal, a spunky lady who was a pleasure to talk to. We then were introduced to Andrea who also made our welcome warm. We stayed in the Master's suite. We really enjoyed the private balcony overlooking the valley along with the MANY pictures and trinkets throughout the house. The breakfast is unbelievable as well as the beautiful grounds. It is a very peaceful place to stay. You get whatever you want out of the visit. If you want stories and socialization, Andrea is more than happy to chat. If you want quiet seclusion, there are many places to go sit and enjoy the constant breeze or sit and read a book. My wife and I found a beautiful gem which made our anniversary one that we won't forget. Thank you Andrea! We hope to see you next year!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Sometimes I think that the Surgeon's House is one of the most romantic places in the West. Folks propose here, get married here, celebrate their anniversaries here, and - well - celebrate everything romantic. I'm so delighted that we were able to make your anniversary a very special one. It does my heart good to see your heart lifted in celebration of a lifelong love! Please come back next year
Basseterre, St. Kitts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

A full moon night and brilliant sunrise were enjoyed from the Chauffeur's Quarters at the Surgeon's house in April 2013. The best bed and breakfast experience and it was made special by Denice as Andrea was enjoying a break. Superb hospitality in a fascinating residence and town. Don't miss the "midnight snack" which starts on arrival and includes the famous brownies. The Chauffeur's Quarters is a separate residence with fantastic views from inside and the rooftop patio - perfect location to take in the scenery with a glass of wine, beer or your favorite beverage. Breakfast was awesome - Denice is a wonderful cook and host and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We loved the Chauffeur's Quarters for its views!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
That full April full moon was incredible, wasn't it? It must have been magnificent from the patio of the Chauffeur's Quarters. I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with the cooking and hospitality of Denise. I feel blessed that she graces the Surgeon's House with her visits.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I went here for a stay in Feb. WE had an awesome time! THe home is CLEAN, SPacious, and welcoming! THE FOOD IS AMAZING! THe town of Jerome is so adorable and quiet! WE WILL COME BACK AGAIN!

THank you for opening your home to us! :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for the glowing review! It was my pleasure to share my home with you and your husband. Please come back soon. I think you would love it in the summer when the gardens really weave a magic spell around the house. The bouquet of jasmine, roses, and other blossoms permeate the warm night air. A blanket of stars fill the sky above you. It's unbelievable . . .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!