“Excellent B&B”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in the master suite at the Surgeon's House. The property is decorated wonderfully with lots of art and has a beautiful garden. Our suite was large and very comfortable. We really enjoyed the private balcony with panoramic views of Jerome and the valley below. The food cannot be beat - multiple gourmet dishes for breakfast, cookies for midnight snacks and a refrigerator full of wine, beer, tea and other drinks. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DustyBuck
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I'm so happy to hear you say that you would stay here again. I certainly hope that you do. It was certainly my pleasure to host you. We'll be offering holiday specials soon, so keep your eye on the website. As always, may you have rewarding travels.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I spent two enjoyable and relaxing evenings at the Surgeon's House. We stayed in the Master Suite, which met all of our expecatations. We especially enjoyed the private deck (which has a great view!). Andrea's hospitality was top notch in all aspects. Her breakfast spreads were delicious and plentiful. The variety of options was an unexpected bonus. Andrea truly made us feel at home the entire visit. The house itself is unique and well maintained and the grounds are gorgeous. The house is also in a great location near the top of Jerome (great views), but also within easy walking distance to the main parts of town. We highly recommend Andrea and the Surgeon's House B&B to anyone spending one or more nights in Jerome.

Room Tip: The private deck in the Master Suite was our favorite room amenity. We enjoyed a sunrise and the coo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert A
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I couldn't agree more about the Master Suite. That balcony is just incredible - a totally unobstructed view of the red rock cliffs and the four peaks. It's just stunning! I sure you noticed that the clifss and the clouds change the view from minute to minute. Thank you, by the way, for your compliments on the breakfast. I always try to present a yummy variety of tasty goods. Please come again whenever you can!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We recently spend a couple of nights at the Surgeon's House in Jerome, and had a wonderful time. The home is very nicely appointed; rich in history; and, Andrea was a terrific hostess. We enjoyed the grounds and gardens, and the views of the valley were awesome. The morning breakfast was nicely prepared and consisted of a very interesting combination of items. Thanks for a wonderful time!

Room Tip: The Master's Quarters were very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger B
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

You are very welcome!! I'm so pleased that you had a good time. It's certainly a great time of the year to visit Jerome. Soon the trees will be turning and the nights will be cooling. Fall is delicious here. It is always my intention that you get what you wanted and what you needed. I want my guests to feel totally happy and refreshed when they walk out my door. I hope to see you again when you have the desire and the time.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our overall stay was quite nice. Our rooms were lovely and and ours was quite large. The linens were fresh and crisp and the bed soooo comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and we had delightful conversations with the other guests. Our hostess, who was full of information and ideas, was delightful...98% of the time we spent there. But she was adamant about getting us OUT right away. I was trying to get a number on my iPad for another B&B in a different town (where we were heading) and she came in, announced the time and let us know we were to have left already. We had paid, had everything but our packs in the car...it was like we were no longer guests and her personality shifted. Made the experience feel phony. Not sure about wanting to return now. It's unfortunate it ended so oddly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Oh goodness! I don't know what happened! I never want my guests to feel unwanted or not at home. Please accept my apology for our miscommunication. I did have a guest innsitter in May for a few days, but it's hard to imagine her being so impolite. Whatever the situation, I would really appreciate it if you would give me a call so that we can straighten out whatever happened. I would call or email you, but I'm not sure which of my guests you are. Once again, I'm so sorry for your discomfort. Please contact me.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Spent the night at The Surgeons House for my fiancés birthday and wasn't disappointed. Andrea was the best hostess ever. The grounds are beautiful as is the inside of her home. The beds are comfy and the food she prepares is to die for. If you're looking for a quiet and serene place to relax The Surgeons House is for you.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Live4Hawaii
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Your fiance's birthday - that sounds like a double celebration! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I don't know if I mentioned it, but we do host weddings . . . Wherever you have your joyous affair and wherever you go for your honeymoon I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! Do come and see us again someday.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

From the location, view, gardens, accommodations, food--oh, the food is to die for--everything about the Surgeon's House is exceptional. To be greeted at the door by owner Andrea Prince is like being welcomed as a dear member of the family. This is the perfect place for a retreat whether for yourself, as a couple, or a group of friends. Although there are no TV's anywhere to be seen (I didn't miss it one bit), there is complementary Wi-Fi on the property. Will I return? You bet! I am planning my next trip right now.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and has its own qualities. I stayed in the smallest, the Front Maid's Suite...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

I am so grateful that you went out of your way to post such a glowing review. We're all busy in our day to day routines that it's easy to let things slip by. It's humbling when someone such as yourself takes the time to recommend us to others. Thank you so very much, and I am so glad that we were able to provide a pleasant stay for and that you will be coming to see us again.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was our second experience staying with Andrea and it is always great. Our first time was in 2009 when we stayed for 1 night in the front part of the Maid's Suite. We love to stay at small boutique hotels or bed & breakfasts and I always check TripAdvisor to find the best. This time we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and stayed for 2 nights in the Chauffeur's Quarters over the garage. What a wonderful treat--lovely room with comfy king bed, our personal garden and large patio area on top of the garage overlooking the entire valley. As usual, Andrea was her friendly, welcoming self and had a very nice lady named Opal assisting her. The breakfasts are always unique and delicious and you always feel welcomed here like old friends or family. Thanks again, Andrea and Opal, for another wonderful stay--you made our anniversary the unique experience we had hoped for!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OperaDiva71
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

I'm so pleased that you came for another visit. The Chauffeur's Quarters is a totally unique and magicial space. Sometimes when there are no guests, I will sneak in and spend the night myself. Opal will be so tickled that you mentioned her. I believe this is the first time on Trip Advisor that she has been given a rave review. Go Opal!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Quality Inn - Cottonwood
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale
The Tavern Hotel
The Tavern Hotel
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!