“The Surgeon's House is a small slice of heaven on earth!”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“The Surgeon's House is a small slice of heaven on earth!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Andrea opens her house and heart to her guests. The rooms are beautiful, the garden is glorious, and the food is fantastic! We stayed in the Maid's quarters (front and back) and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The maids quarters has a private patio and entrance onto the gardens.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thanks for mentioning the gardens. They are just starting to really come alive. Today the tulips started busting out all over. Soooo beautiful! Please come back soon and see!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 10 March 2014

As I said in my title, Andrea will spoil you for other B&B's. Staying at the Surgeon's House reminds me of staying at my favorite aunt's house... you know the one, the one who always remembered what it was like to be a kid, the one who always knew exactly what you wanted for your birthday, the aunt who just got you. My dream is to just spend at week there and not leave the house, that's how comfortable and serene it is. I would spend the day with Mr. Gray Kitty and Jemima Pearl and dig into all of Andrea's books, floating from one glorious sunlit room to the next. But, enough about my fantasy. This is a spectacular B&B and the breakfast is legendary! If you are staying in Jerome, you need to stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tina w
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I'm glad I succeeded in spoiling you for that is exactly my intention. Everyone needs and deserves some spoiling every once in a while. I consider it one of the pleasures of my life. I hope you return soon. Love, Your Auntie Andrea
Waynesville, Ohio
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Andrea welcomes you into her home with open arms, and does everything possible to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We stayed in the Chauffeur's Quarter's. We had views of the red rocks of Sedona from the bed. It also included a private garden and patio. If I ever stay in Jerome again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Sometimes I forget that you can see that beautiful view of the Sedona red rocks from the bed. That is definitely a plus! I'm so glad that you will be coming back to visit, and I have to remind you that the gardens go crazy in the spring and summer. It's just a magical time to be here. I hope to see you then.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have stayed here twice now. Once for a birthday getaway last September and again this past Valentine’s Day weekend. Both of our visits were extremely enjoyable. We stayed, both times, in the Maids Quarters (back suite), which comes with an antique claw foot tub in the room and a private little patio and vine covered walkway. I love the furnishings, mostly antique, throughout the home. Everything is beautifully arranged. Andrea, the owner and hostess, goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. You feel more like you are staying at an old friend’s house than a B&B. An added bonus, are the two resident kitties who are a delight to have around!

And the breakfasts’ that Andrea prepares are soooo delicious and nothing short of gourmet, with the table always impeccably set. She pours her heart and soul into each dish and it’s better than any restaurant around! And the ‘midnight snacks’ she leaves out are a nice touch plus you have access to beverages in the fridge anytime.

The Surgeon’s House is a great romantic getaway and not too far of a drive from the Phoenix area. We will definitely be returning!!

Sue N. & David F.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue N
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I'm so glad you enjoy the Maid's Back Suite. It is so much more spacious and gracious since we remodeled it not too long ago, and with its private back patio it is truly a romantic setting. I'll be waiting for your next visit. The gardens are not to be missed in the spring and summer!
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Andrea is a wonderful host and fabulous cook! Easily the most interesting place I've ever stayed, from the beautiful outdoor spaces to the eclectic interior. Our room was large and comfortable, breakfast was second to none and she even let us park our Harley in her garage! Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jeanbitt
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I'm glad to hear that parking the harley in the garage earned me some points! I'm happy I even have the garage to offer. It's one of the few in Jerome. Seriously, it was a delight to host you, and please come back soon.
Southern Calif.
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were so fortunate to stay at The Surgeon's House and meet Andrea. It is clear from the time Andrea answers the phone that she totally cares about the house and your experience.
We stayed in The Chauffeur's room - it is bright and Andrea has thought of every detail to make it comfortable. The views from The Chauffeur's room are amazing....including the deck right off the room.
Breakfast was phenomenal! Andrea can cook like a pro! There were delicious sweet and savory foods, fresh juice, coffee and tea.
Our entire experience at The Surgeon's House was memorable. Thank you Andrea!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1socalgirl
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
You are so welcome! It's so much fun when we are ALL having a good time. When I started the B&B I never imagined that it would be such a good fit for me. However, when I started hosting guests as warm as yourself, it all fell in place. Please take good loving watchcare of yourself and come back soon!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The surgeon's house has been owned and run by the same person for 21 years! Tremendous character and gourmet breakfast. A must stay in Jerome. Our room was the maid's quarters and was the size of a Chicago condo. The bed sat 4 feet off the floor and we had our own private entrance and sitting room. The art in this town is fantastic as well!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RknRon
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
"Chicago condo" That's a good one! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. As you know, it wasn't long ago that we built onto that room, and it made a world of difference. It provided the opportunity to create that cozy outdoor sun patio that everyone loves. I hope you get an chance to come back in the spring or summer and enjoy the gardens!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!