“Splendid B&B: peaceful, beautiful, delicious!”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We, 2 families with 2 teen daughters, stayed at the Surgeon's House for 1 night a few weeks ago. It was a perfect B&B. Andrea, who had been very helpful over the phone, was away, so Denise, a personal chef and long-time Surgeon's House guest and now fill-in innkeeper was our host. From the moment we walked in the door it felt like home. From wine, beer and juice in the fridge and brownies waiting for us (we had to have some before dinner!), to gorgeous, spacious rooms lovingly and individually decorated with what must be a lifetime's collection of local art, to the amazing gardens with so many nooks and benches for reading or sitting and taking in the view, every detail was thought out. Oh, and the books! There are books in every room, and such an interesting collection. Many I've read, many more I wanted to read. Browsing in a bookstore is one of my favorite things to do. What a delight to be able to do it in my own room at night or over breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, as the other reviewers have noted, it was abundant and delicious. The morning we were there: coffee, melon with mint, stuffed french toast. cornbread, tomatoes stuffed with egg custard, asparagus, house mushrooms. Afterwards we sat happily in the garden, enjoying the quiet while our daughters played with the koi fish in the pond. Who knew they are named and some of the are quite social and like to be petted. Our time at the Surgeon's House was too short. We really enjoyed Jerome too, especially walking around and visiting the local artisans, and Nelly Bly (the best kaleidoscope store in the world, we're told). And we also loved the nearly historic sites Montezuma's Castle and Tuzigoot. We didn't have time for the Jerome Historic Park. Next time!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite and the Chauffeurs Quarters. The beds are very high, especially in the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I'm so glad you had a good time. Isn't Denise a treasure? I'm sorry I wasn't there to share in your delight, but perhaps next time. The gardens will be spectacular for another six to seven months. If you have the opportunity please come see us again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I loved this terrific historic house. Very comfortable in every way with great breakfasts and hosts each morning. Terrific view overlooking Jerome, and a great venue for sunrises. Would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: We were able to stay in the Chauffeurs Quarters and really enjoyed it.
1  Thank Brent H
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Most people, when they mention the view, they mention the awesome red rock cliffs of Sedona. It's interesting that you mentioned the view of Jerome itself as the town steps down the mountain below you. It is quite charming and makes a person wonder about the people who came before and built everything you see. I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

From our welcome letter to our goodbye Andrea made us feel like family. Her home is beautiful and comfortable. You wouldn't think you would find such peace in Jerome but you do in Andrea's lovely gardens. Our room was spacious and the views were fantastic. Her breakfast was wonderful and we enjoyed the company of the other guests as we started our day. Just like family. Thanks Andrea, your spirit shows in everything.

Room Tip: We stayed in the master suite and found it quiet and comfortable. Loved the private deck to look out...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so happy that you felt like family. I've always attempted to be your favorite Aunt Minnie without the doilies. Please come back soon, and I'll be here with the sticky buns!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Andrea opens her house and heart to her guests. The rooms are beautiful, the garden is glorious, and the food is fantastic! We stayed in the Maid's quarters (front and back) and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The maids quarters has a private patio and entrance onto the gardens.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thanks for mentioning the gardens. They are just starting to really come alive. Today the tulips started busting out all over. Soooo beautiful! Please come back soon and see!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

As I said in my title, Andrea will spoil you for other B&B's. Staying at the Surgeon's House reminds me of staying at my favorite aunt's house... you know the one, the one who always remembered what it was like to be a kid, the one who always knew exactly what you wanted for your birthday, the aunt who just got you. My dream is to just spend at week there and not leave the house, that's how comfortable and serene it is. I would spend the day with Mr. Gray Kitty and Jemima Pearl and dig into all of Andrea's books, floating from one glorious sunlit room to the next. But, enough about my fantasy. This is a spectacular B&B and the breakfast is legendary! If you are staying in Jerome, you need to stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tina w
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I'm glad I succeeded in spoiling you for that is exactly my intention. Everyone needs and deserves some spoiling every once in a while. I consider it one of the pleasures of my life. I hope you return soon. Love, Your Auntie Andrea

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Andrea welcomes you into her home with open arms, and does everything possible to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We stayed in the Chauffeur's Quarter's. We had views of the red rocks of Sedona from the bed. It also included a private garden and patio. If I ever stay in Jerome again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Sometimes I forget that you can see that beautiful view of the Sedona red rocks from the bed. That is definitely a plus! I'm so glad that you will be coming back to visit, and I have to remind you that the gardens go crazy in the spring and summer. It's just a magical time to be here. I hope to see you then.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have stayed here twice now. Once for a birthday getaway last September and again this past Valentine’s Day weekend. Both of our visits were extremely enjoyable. We stayed, both times, in the Maids Quarters (back suite), which comes with an antique claw foot tub in the room and a private little patio and vine covered walkway. I love the furnishings, mostly antique, throughout the home. Everything is beautifully arranged. Andrea, the owner and hostess, goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. You feel more like you are staying at an old friend’s house than a B&B. An added bonus, are the two resident kitties who are a delight to have around!

And the breakfasts’ that Andrea prepares are soooo delicious and nothing short of gourmet, with the table always impeccably set. She pours her heart and soul into each dish and it’s better than any restaurant around! And the ‘midnight snacks’ she leaves out are a nice touch plus you have access to beverages in the fridge anytime.

The Surgeon’s House is a great romantic getaway and not too far of a drive from the Phoenix area. We will definitely be returning!!

Sue N. & David F.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue N
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

I'm so glad you enjoy the Maid's Back Suite. It is so much more spacious and gracious since we remodeled it not too long ago, and with its private back patio it is truly a romantic setting. I'll be waiting for your next visit. The gardens are not to be missed in the spring and summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
The Inn Above Oak Creek
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!