Garden Court East London
US$109
US$106
US$68
US$66
Quarry Lake Inn(East London)
US$160
US$54
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$53
All reviewsbeach frontsea facingexcellent serviceenjoyed my staybusiness stayroom service isthe hotel staffhotel is situatedpleasant staykeep up the good workrooms are cleanfriends and familyhome away from homeleisurecleanlinessestablishmentenvironment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the hotel on a few accassions, the entrance to the foyer .the friendliness of the staff and the dining area looks modern and clean.
The rooms tell another story.the decor and bedding needs to be updated.the bathrooms are are not clean enough abd the showers are in the bath with no shower curtains, the showers are so low you have to basically be on your knees to enjoy a shower.
The aircondioner in the room is old and very noisy,if you dont use the air conditioner and open the balcony door ,the motor for the room next door is on your balcony ,which is just as loud.
There is not many decent eating places in walking distance .
The hotel capitalises on this by offering a buffet at night,which is over priced and not much variety.
There is also not much activities around the hotel during the day or the night, other than the aquarium which is in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013
Ian M, General Manager at Garden Court East London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Robert J

Thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review on Tripadvisor and appreciate you bringing to our attention your comments that you experienced during your stay at the Garden Court East London.
In response to your point raised, Tsogo Sun has a 5 year refurbishment program where a number of hotels have been done to date, we are in this plan as it stands we will start with a refurbishment of our bathrooms and hotel rooms in 2nd half of this year 2013. We have also completed the replacement of 130 new air conditioners and new LCD televisions in all our rooms.
We will relook at at our dinner offering to ensure value for money for our buffett offering.

Thank you for positive feedback on service from staff and I will pass this onto all at the hotel.

Thank you for deciding to stay with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Warm Regards
Ian Mackay

Reviewed 27 January 2013

okay hotel for just a stopover, nothing really special here. rooms are comfortable and room service is efficient with a halal friendly menu. rather try tsogo suns hemmingways, near the casino, mall, freeway. there very good b&b's in east london.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Zane00
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Fine to stay, just don't eat there.
Service is appalling, with staff rather talking to each other than do their job.
Toasted sandwiches ( simple snack) - eventually came out of the kitchen an hour later ( they had 3 tables to serve) was send out with zero filling and un-toasted ( melted butter ).
Porridge was burnt, croissants were re-heated to the extent they were burnt and dried.
Coffee dispenser - after telling them it doesn't work properly they spent 20min looking at it, only to bring over a cappuccino with no milk. They didn't put a notice on the machine to advise guests that it doesn't function, so numerous guests kept trying the machine with the same disappointing result.

Room Tip: Had room 439 great view and balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Garry H
Ian M, General Manager at Garden Court East London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Gary H

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.
As per our conversation on Monday morning, please accept my sincere apology and I will be addressing all the points that you raised and assure you that this is not our usual standards.

Thank you for deciding to stay with us and we hope to see you in the near future if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards

Ian Mackay
Garden Court East London

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I made a booking in November and faxed a proof of payment as it is their procedure. When I got there in Jan they couldnt find my payment so i paid cash because i was tired and my kids were hungry sitting in the car for an hour. Following day I thought maybe the problem was resolved but to my surprise it was still the same infact it was worse, I decided to stay another day so I ask them to use the payment i made in November so I went out with my kids we came back at night; guess what the person incharge told me that i've been checked out, im not in their system and she cannot help me. I expalined to her that i made a payment but the person incharge could not find it and I had to pay cash also showed her the proof of payment I made in November+the one I made n arrival, she refused to let us in (me and my kids), they were wet hence we were from the beach, she said we must call the bank and find out whether the transaction was reversed cause she cant find it on the system and she cannot let us in we set on the sofas till dawn. The worst part she knocked off without notifying us then, i had to start explaining to the shift manager in charge and he said we can go sleep the issue will be sorted in the morning.In the morning My kids went down for breakfast despite the fact that they told us we havent paid and hence it's inclusive when booking;they were told there is no such booking on the system and they cant have breakfast, i'm talking about 8 and 9 years old they had no clue what those people were on about. Conclusion: Their sevice sucks, stinks, frustrating! What a Horrendendous Experience!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank zimbini M
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Hotel was most unimpressive. Staff unobliging. We requested for pool towels from reception and was told it would be brought to us at the pool. Over an hour later, nothing ever materialised. As for breakfast, the hot chocolate dispenser spat out something that was by no means drinkable. Again, this was brought to one of the staff's attention but no effort was made to rectify. As for the bathrooms, the shower and tub option in one, was highly messy if you choose to have a shower. Thankfully, it was only a stop over for one night........

Room Tip: Request for sea facing room
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family