“Not bad”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in East London
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
“Not bad”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nothing special and/or spectacular. Fairly good location with a good view of the ocean. Just a shame about the riffraff hanging about in the area. Fairly quiet in the hotel. King size bed were not good, mattress must be a 100 years old. Never fancied this shower in the bath business. Didn’t work here either. Definitely not good value for money. Room service, not bad but food was cold. Can’t believe that very few hotels get this right. Complimentary, free Wi-Fi in the room is always a bonus and was working most of the time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam E
Ian M, General Manager at Garden Court East London, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will work on all points that you raised. With regard to bed in the room you stayed in, we have ongoing replacement program where we replace a certain number of beds every year. If you could send me the room number that you stayed in I could have this inspected and replaced.
We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Ian Mackay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Eastern Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My sister and I came to East London on a short, well deserved break.We asked for and received a sea facing room which is great to wake up to in the morning, followed by a stunning breakfast, great staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. It is great receive positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 3 August 2014

it would b nice if u would cater for muslims if u could do that then i think u would even get more customers and also provide or get a certificate from the muslim judicial council then i would really appreciate it and i think if u do that u will better the business and also mayb provide a prayer room thank u

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you for taking the time review the hotel and submiting your suggestions which we will look into what we are able to assist with. Our chefs are always willing to assist with any special dietary requirements, on your next visit please request to speak to one of chefs upon arrival.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Where would you get such incredible views? This hotel has the mix of an efficient business world and an idyllic world of sea views, great restaurants- without the hustle and bustle! The hotel staff members were helpful and the hotel services were great. Currently, there is work in progress but when you get good service you overlook the minor inconveniences and look forward to greater service in the future

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Ian M, General Manager at Garden Court East London, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. It was wonderful to hear you had a great stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Ballito, South Africa
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Upon arrival we were a little concerned as the hotel doesn't look like much but we were pleasantly surprised by what we found inside. It is very clean and neat and met our expectations of a Garden Court. The staff was friendly and although we had an early departure they packed us all a lovely breakfast pack.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Umdloti, South Africa
Reviewed 5 July 2014

my check in was shocking for a four star hotel. I arrived from the airport at the hotel at 14h25 and my room wasnt ready. I was told to take a seat and wait whilst the room was being cleaned and that I will be informed when it was. I was never offered even a glass of juice whilst I waited yet it was 29 derees celcius in east London on that day.There was no apology even from the desk clerk- very poorly trained personnel. By 14h45, I requested for the manager. Her excuse was that a previous group insisted that their rooms be cleaned later which had a ripple effect. Is this actually a reason that I need to be listening to in that heat , especially when Im on a business trip and need to shower and get to a conference venue to register on time. Then the manager offered me a bottle of wine- and I dont drink alcohol...I did accept her offer of water and appletiser. I was hungry when I got back from registering and since the dinig area was closed, I opted for a sandwich from the bar- and they didnt have bread ( neither white nor brown) and instead brought me the chicken sandwich on 4 small squares of rye bread with agenerous portion of chips, and I found a piece of hard plastic ( like from a bottle brush) in the sandwich- which I handed to the waiter- but all of this for close to R 50- if I walked to windmills , a minute away, I would have had better value and quality. I have satyed at Tsogo sun at OR tambo and they were spectacular in thier service- the East London Tsogo sun, doesnt deserve to carry that logo and name.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Sadhana M
Ian M, General Manager at Garden Court East London, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We always strive to give highest levels of service. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused. I understand that during your stay you did meet with my Deputy General Manager who assisted in trying to resolve your concerns. We hope you will consider returning, as I can assure you that this is not our usual standard.

Queenstown, South Africa
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good service and treated with respect. We enjoyed staying there. All people from your Front desk were so warm and Kind. Speedy assistance from your House Keeping Team. Friendly and visible Car Guard at all times.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you for taking the time complete a review of our hotel from your recent stay. I am delighted to have received this wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming back in the near future.