“Convenient location for casual meals”
Review of Toast Deli

Toast Deli
Ranked #16 of 134 Restaurants in East London
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We visited Toast twice while in East London to attend the SA schools polo tournament. On both occasions the restaurant was packed full of visitors. Service was not great but the staff were new and unaccustomed to the volumes they needed to deal with. The food was good and the atmosphere lively and welcoming. Definitely worth visiting.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We went to Toast twice while we were in East London at an event being held at the Joan Harrison Aquatic Centre.
The first time was for coffee & a snack and the restaurant was jam-packed. My friends all received their drinks fairly swiftly, but I had to remind the waitress twice for my coffee. The snacks were delicious and all-in-all, we had a wonderful time.
The second time was for a group supper and we had a table of about 24 people. The owner was very accommodating and arranged the tables in one group so we could all be together. The service was excellent and the waitress coped extremely well with people arriving at different times. The food was delicious - especially the chicken wrap, burgers & salads.

Overall, we had two very good experiences at the restaurant. It will be a very popular place, I'm sure, for people dropping their children off at Selborne School and for any people attending events in the area. There is an outdoor and an indoor sitting area.

1  Thank ManaC_13
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My takeaway muffin order took over an hour to arrive even after had to call them. No apology and they would not refund me as it was already paid for. To make matters worse this was also after I had paid for a sweet muffin, later got told they only had savory muffins as they were out of stock! Seemed like baking for the day was not on anyone's diary!so I ordered the only alternative which seemed to been in stick then, which ended up being totally forgotten by the kitchen. The service is completely unprofessional and unapologetic. They will never see me again and I will never recommend them to anyone!

1  Thank JulieKriek
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is the perfect little place to stop for a quick cuppa or even a business meeting. Conveniently located opposite Selborne School makes Toast Deli quite popular. Be sure to plan around school times to get a table. The Delhi has a warm atmosphere, very relaxing and friendly. The food was great and so was the service. The little boutique shop has some interesting items and clothing for sale. Well worth he visit.

1  Thank Johberg_Diner
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great food, excellent service and wonderful music on Saturday morning. It is really worth many visits. The weather was perfect for an outdoor brunch and chat.