“Really good restaurant in Grahamstown. What a surprise.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Norden's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in Grahamstown
Cuisines: International
Description: A national monument which hast hosted many Dignatories in its time including Nelson Mandela. Fantastic food made with fresh ingredients. Lovely spot for a special meal. Reasonably priced.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The food was different and very good. We had friends who are very into their food with us and they loved it.
The building is lovely and the ambience is great. Its a little quiet but thats not a bad thing. There is a bar but we never had a drink in the bar first.
I look forward to going back.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Firstly, this place is not kiddie friendly. We found the portions small and not good value for money. My wife did not enjoy her lamb shank as it lacked flavour. I had a number of expensive starters as my main meal due to a limited menu.They do not offer a plate of chips and I am vegetarian. The kids did not enjoy their shared plates of smoked chicken pasta. Also they did not have Sprite or Creme soda cooldrinks in stock for the kids. Overall not worth the R400.00 bill and certainly not to be rated as the top restaurant in Grahamstown.Decor is dated and atmosphere stale.The service was adequate as best the two ladies left in charge could muster.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had the venison carpaccio as a starter. This is something I quite enjoy and have had it all over the country. This was the best I've ever had. Everything was magnificently prepared. Great place to have a romantic dinner in Grahamstown.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

After trying almost everywhere in this town for the past few years, I can honestly say, Norden's is the most delicious food I've had in Grahamstown, hands down. I've been there a few times and it is always of a high standard. Food is amazingly good value, service is great; not one bad thing I can think of. Great for any occasion!

Try the Pork Belly (special) and the Chocolate Tart. (About R86 and R35 respectively).

1  Thank Duncan_Andrew
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Really excellent food and a wonderful fine dining experience. Great service and real old world charm.