“The Hike That Make Me Healthy and Happy!”

Robberg Nature Reserve
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a wonderful hike! We visited the reserve earlier this year, and we walk there for about almost 4 hours, and we never regret any moment! We went to hike for a long journey, but we went to see many beautiful things around. The rocks were really brilliant, and also the plants. There were many plants and flowers around some areas also, they were really beautiful and unique. We haven't seen them before. After that we also went to see the seals from the top of the rock. We walked passing each rock and every place there with many challenges, but surely it makes my mind and my body really healthy. Can you imagine that you can have the exercise while you were also viewing and enjoying the beautiful views and all the rocks in every moment? It was not like in the gym where we were just running on the top of the machine while getting bored. No, it was not really boring at all! We then cruised to the ocean, the beach in the middle. We went passing the beautiful deep white sand, but don't worry it won't drown your body, and it felt really soft to the feet. After that we went to the top again passing the other way around, and we then walked on the top of the rock again. It was all really challenging and fun, it challenged my mind, my body, and my soul, and my brain also. I have lost 3 kilograms after I went there, it was like an exercise, but not just ordinary, it was REALLY AMAZING EXERCISE, because we also got to see and feel the beautiful things there. It was really amazing. Come and visit to the Robberg Nature Reserve, and you won't regret it.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were 4 50+year olds and we did the hike in about 3.5 hours. It was an amazing experience and I for one would recommend it and do it again. another in our group had a fear of heights so was not quite so enthusiastic about the back side of the trail. As others have said, the trail is rugged but not aerobically challenging for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness. Spectacular scenery and there are no photos to catch the awsome power of the waves. I chose where we stayed based on wanting to do this hike and was not disappointed. Loved it!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Would love to have walked more, but the roads were too difficult for two of our party, but we managed to see whales!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

A well signposted route with the option of turning back at the halfway mark for the not so fit!. Views are splendid and seals are plentiful sun bathing on the rocks and cavorting in the sea. Great sightings from above of the whales at this time of the year. The beach on the opposite side is beautiful.

1  Thank ursula L
Reviewed 20 October 2013

this is a beautiful hike. The scenery is stunning!!! This was our favorite hike of our whole 2 1/2 week trip to South Africa. It takes 4 hours to do the whole loop.. It is well worth it!!!