“Fantastic views” 4 of 5 bubbles

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fantastic views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We went for the medium hike (5.5km) and enjoyed the walk and the views. You can easily spot seals and we also saw a few whales far in the distance.

The walk doesn't require a high level of fitness but there is climbing involved so I wouldn't recommend it for small children and/or those with mobility issues.

I wish they had a snackbar or at least vending machines in the parking lot. After our walk we would've happily spent money on a cold drink or ice cream!

The cost was 40 rand/adult.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank daisey_1_1

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Weatherford, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“One of the best hikes of our lives!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I had decided not to tell my husband about all the great things I had heard about this hike, because often things aren't as good when you have too high expectations. But we both agreed that this was one of the best hikes ever, and it was good as I expected. We arrived at 7 a.m. (and had to wait 15 minutes for the gate guard to get there and let us in), and had the place to ourselves. We hiked the medium-length trail, and we were back at our guest house for breakfast by 9:15. We hiked at a brisk pace, and it was a good work out. There was much change in elevation, and parts of the walk are through sand. Be sure you hike it clockwise, so you have most of the sand section going downhill. It would be quite a slog uphill through the sand going in the opposite direction! We loved seeing all the seals. We found the first group along the calm coast side, and the second group when we looked over the calm edge side at the sandy area where you cut across the pennisula for the return trip of the medium hike. The loop hike is great so you get to see the calm water on your left as you hike toward the point, and the waves were huge on our left as we hiked the other side back towards the parking area. I recommend this hike to people in relatively good shape--you will love it!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank okietraveler79
Durban, South Africa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“totally awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

was totally awesome views breathtaking and was good to breath in the fresh country air was totally an aesome adventure

Visited December 2012
George, Western Cape, South Africa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“The Hike That Make Me Healthy and Happy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a wonderful hike! We visited the reserve earlier this year, and we walk there for about almost 4 hours, and we never regret any moment! We went to hike for a long journey, but we went to see many beautiful things around. The rocks were really brilliant, and also the plants. There were many plants and flowers around some areas also, they were really beautiful and unique. We haven't seen them before. After that we also went to see the seals from the top of the rock. We walked passing each rock and every place there with many challenges, but surely it makes my mind and my body really healthy. Can you imagine that you can have the exercise while you were also viewing and enjoying the beautiful views and all the rocks in every moment? It was not like in the gym where we were just running on the top of the machine while getting bored. No, it was not really boring at all! We then cruised to the ocean, the beach in the middle. We went passing the beautiful deep white sand, but don't worry it won't drown your body, and it felt really soft to the feet. After that we went to the top again passing the other way around, and we then walked on the top of the rock again. It was all really challenging and fun, it challenged my mind, my body, and my soul, and my brain also. I have lost 3 kilograms after I went there, it was like an exercise, but not just ordinary, it was REALLY AMAZING EXERCISE, because we also got to see and feel the beautiful things there. It was really amazing. Come and visit to the Robberg Nature Reserve, and you won't regret it.

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“amazing hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were 4 50+year olds and we did the hike in about 3.5 hours. It was an amazing experience and I for one would recommend it and do it again. another in our group had a fear of heights so was not quite so enthusiastic about the back side of the trail. As others have said, the trail is rugged but not aerobically challenging for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness. Spectacular scenery and there are no photos to catch the awsome power of the waves. I chose where we stayed based on wanting to do this hike and was not disappointed. Loved it!

Visited September 2013