“Amazing Bed and breakfast.Really go the extra mile.”
Review of Christiana Lodge

Christiana Lodge
“Amazing Bed and breakfast.Really go the extra mile.”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

What an amazing place.We were welcomed so warmly with our cases being carried to our room for us, we were immediately offered tea but declined as were fairly late arriving and felt we should head out for dinner.Reception promptly asked if we needed a recommendation and they made a reservation for us.Our room was stunning, crisp white bedlinen and spotlessly clean with beautiful decor. Tea and biscuits/rusks were topped up daily and the breakfasts are wonderful.The granola is made locally and has to be tried.The owner is very knowledgeable on the local area and gave us some tips on where to go.I have to say this B and B really does go the extra mile and will remain a wonderful memory of our trip to SA.Reliable Wifi too which is always useful and a beautiful private pool and decked area outside.

• Stayed October 2013
christianalodge, Owner at Christiana Lodge, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
To all our wonderful guests who take the time to write reviews: thank you so very much. It is very important for me and my staff to add value to our guests' visit to Plettenberg Bay. If we are succeeding in doing that, it makes us truly happy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We left Cape Town early on the Friday morning arrived at Christiana Lodge at about 11H30,when I enquired about leaving our luggage there she said our rooms are ready and that we can check in ...wow .For a couple that travel quite frequently we seldom get to venues we could check in before the allocated check in time. The location is superb, the cleanliness of the lodge. The hospitality we received was second to none; I simply loved my pancakes in the mornings...lol. The Saturday evening Eric lit a fire for us in the fireplace setting the scene for a nice cosy evening when we came back from dinner in the town. The ladies in the kitchen as excellent. The simplicity of being surrounded by nature and this very creatively decorated well thought through establishment really wowed me with the warmth of Christa and her staff. Christa told us about all the restaurants, shops, farms and other tourist attractions we could go to. She was well enlightened about her surroundings and showed true compassion for the community of Plettenberg Bay. To Christa and staff looking forward to visiting again after your renovations, keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights at the end of June 2013. Two teenage sons, a brother, the missus and myself. We had 3 rooms, each was better than the other. Less than 5 mins walk to the glorious Plettenberg Bay beach. 5 mins drive to Robberg Park, and 5 mins drive to the town centre.
Christa was a great host and suggested eating houses that we would enjoy. The Look-Out and the Big Fish, were top notch. Can't say enough, we were sorry to leave and would definitely recommend the Christiana Lodge. Thanks to Eric, as well, he made the lads feel at home, and that was much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 May 2013

How do I even begin? Christiana Lodge is amazing! My husband and I travel fairly often and always choose 5 star hotels, but I can say with absolute certainty that Christiana Lodge is the best accommodation we have ever stayed at!

Firstly, I am reviewing room number 11 which I believe is one of the honeymoon rooms as it has the best privacy. This is indeed true - it is the highest room in the lodge and we felt very much like we had the place to ourselves.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and absolutely clean. All the decor is white (which I insist on when staying away from home) with lovely colour pieces added to complement the room. The bathroom itself is a vision of pure luxury - a massive oval bathtub next to a massive window on one side with a stunning shower on the other side of the room. The bedroom is large, comfortable and tea, coffee and biscuits are topped up every day.

The breakfast / communal lounge area is amazing and so comfortable. I could easily have sat all day next to the fireplace and read my book. The breakfast is delicious and I have never tasted such amazing eggs in my entire life!

Our hostesses Rosemarie and Renata made us feel so welcome and always had suggestions of where to go in the area. Lovely ladies who are an asset to the hospitality industry.

I would highly recommend Christiana Lodge. It offers wonderful accommodation close to the beach (within walking distance) and right next to the Robberg Nature Reserve.

Thank you for making our honeymoon an extra special occasion!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
christianalodge, Owner at Christiana Lodge, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Bron and Patrick, what a review! What can I say but thank you so very much. Christa
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

One of the best stay we had in South Africa. The tenant is really nice. So is the staff. Great breakfast for sure (fresh & tasty products). The rooms are really well decorated and clean. Great location too. Close to Robberg reserve.

One thing I would say is Christa the owner has a deep sense of decoration.
Everything is sourced locally. We just found out that the plates and dishes by Wonki Ware that she uses for breakfast are just now selected by one of the best design shop world wide The Conran Shop.

• Stayed March 2013
christianalodge, Owner at Christiana Lodge, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I love interior design and decorating and what a pleasure when guests share this passion.
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Loved the room, which had two balconies and an outside shower, and the building which is very modern. We could hear the sea from our room and, unlike a previous contributor, had no problem with noise from the garage which was below us. The location means that cabs are needed for getting out to dinner reservations but this was no problem as they were booked for us and were fairly inexpensive. Christa was happy to recommed activities and restaurants. We went for a walk on Robberg Nature Reserve but we could just have strolled on the nearby beach.
My only complaint is that I had left some clothes on the chair in the room and when we returned they had been dumped on my suitcase and the lid had been closed on them creasing some. If I put clothes on a chair it's because I want them there and I don't expect to have them moved just because it makes the room look tidier!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
christianalodge, Owner at Christiana Lodge, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your outdoor shower and the restaurants and your hike on Robberg. What a pity that you did not mention the clothes issue while you were here - I would have rectified the situation immediately.
Berkshire
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed at Christiana lodge with my wife for 2 nights . It is a really good modern hotel and our room was very nice with 2 balconies and an outside shower.
Christa recommended a couple of restaurants to us ( Zinzi and Nguni) which were both excellent.They are not walking distance so we booked a taxi for both nights.
We did the walk around Robberg Island which has some fantastic views .
The breakfast was good and the staff and Christa really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple