“awesome - will be doing it again soon!!!”

Bundu Motorcycle Adventures Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bundu Motorcycle Adventures offers an exciting opportunity to experience the very best of the Garden Route by offering motorcycle rentals or fully inclusive, guided motorcycle tours over our mountain passes and through our forests.Our fully inclusive circular day tours provide riders with use of a motorcycle, all safety riding gear and fuel, we also provide refreshments and lunch. Our tour routes cover +/- 300km and stick mainly to gravel roads enabling us to get up-close and personal with the natural beauty of our region.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“awesome - will be doing it again soon!!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Having visited Plett previously and experienced the great surrounding scenery and being an avid biker I was keen to see the area on 2 wheels. On a casual walk around Plett town centre me and my wife came across Bundu. We popped our heads in the door and spoke to Steve who said that it was an adventure not to be missed. Hence, we booked our trip for the following day. With my wife not having a bike licence I pursuaded her that a Spa day would be better for her, so I went on my own as opposed to taking her as pillion!! All I can say is that it was an amazing day and the scenery was out of this world. Angie's G Spot was amazing and my guide Steve was informative and great company. We are returning to Plett later this year and Bundu will be the first place I will be visiting to sort another trip (with my wife definitely riding pillion this time though). Regardless of your bike riding ability (as I am primarily a roadbike rider), this is a great trip, run by great guys and scenery you will find hard to equal!!! A day you will remember for a long, long time!!! PS - also great value for money!!

Visited August 2010
1 Thank wtoy

Denpasar, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bundu Tours - fantastic”
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I have been a regular visitor to Plett, but have never strayed fr from the coast and beaches - big mistake , as I found out when I went on a tour with Tim and Simon this Christmas eve.
I arrived at their premises at around 8 am , had a brief intro and kitted up with boots , trousers and jacket - all great quality and clean (!). The bike I rode was a Kawasaki 650 - had loads of low down grunt and torque and was incredibly stable which was great as my gravel riding experience is limited.
we spent about 20 mins on tarmac and then started climbing into the hills behind the coast.The scenery really was spectacular , and the riding was fun , but not too challenging - which suited as the boys were clear that this was not an 'adrenaline rush' trip - although I'm sure they would spice up the pace if they felt your skills were up to it!
We had a quick bite to eat at Angie's( run by a great , colourful couple - he's an ex Hell's Angel apparently) , and a few beers and then we were off again.All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and would highly recommend it to anyone who has a bike licence.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great company”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We rented the Kawasaki 650 bike’s. They are so easy to ride everybody can ride them. Go there and discover South Africa on the bike.
The guys are very enthusiast and understand what motorbike riding is all about. We had a great time. And if I may give you an advise, visit Angie’s Gspot (bar) and drive after that to “Die Hell”

bristol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just do it, it's amazing”
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Ewan McGregor eat your heart out. I spent a day with Bundu and it is one of the most amazing trips I have been on. Very informal, but safety concious from the outset.

All the equipment you could need was provided, a safety breifing detailing the proposed route and a bike familiarising session.

Then it was out onto the road for a short trip on tarmac before the real riding started. We were led out by Steve, who always kept his eye on the four of us visitors and followed by Tim in the support truck. We had numerous stops for refreshments and photo opportunities during the morning before stopping at Angies G spot for lunch. This was a real gem, aptly named by Angie as a Great spot (I know what you were thinking). After this it was on to more riding over some of the great passes in South Africa including Prince Alfreds pass. Again there were plenty of stops during the afternoon, with the final one at Sedgefield, before returning back to Plettenburg for a well earned beer.

I would recommend this to anybody and will go again when I am back in the area.

Good luck to Tim and Steve with their venture, hope it all works out well.

1 Thank printers68
Knysna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never been on the dirt? Don't worry!”
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I went on a day trip with Bundu Motorcycle Adventures in Feb 2010 (a birthday gift from my wife). I had never been on gravel before but always wanted to try it. With some nervousness, let's be honest, I arrived ready for a day of adventure.

Within a few minutes I was completely put at ease by the complete safety briefing and confidence of Tim and Steve. We discussed the route and the stops, stocked up on water and gear and, after a short confidence building trip around the car park, we were off.

You don't need to bring anything more than your licence and camera. They supply water, food, petrol, gloves, boots, suit, helmet and the bike, of course.

The roads are gravel, but not 4x4 stuff, so there is plenty of time to get comfortable with the experience and the pace will be suitable for everyone.

I liked it so much I have bought my own adventure bike!

If you are in the Plettenberg Bay / Knysna area and you think the best thing about it is the coast, you are missing out. The mountain passes around the area are absolutely spectacular and this is the best way to experience it. If you have a motorbike licence this trip is for you.

J Smith