Redbourne Country Lodge
Tsala Treetop Lodge(Harkerville)
US$648
The Plettenberg Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
US$251
Agoda.com
The Robberg Beach Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
US$144
US$131
Agoda.com
Lodge On The Bay(Plettenberg Bay)
US$289
Bayview Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
US$73
US$60
Agoda.com
Sky Villa Boutique Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
US$124
US$118
Plett River Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$73
  • Restaurant
Keurbooms River Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast was excellentking bedrooms are clean and comfortablebalcony overlookingceiling fanthe breakfast areaquiet locationshort drivewe loved our staystayed two nightsa great stayexcellent locationplace to staygarden routewonderful placeattention to detailmonkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed in much better places along the garden route, and felt pretty let down by the property. The only saving grace was Plett, which has so many things to do that we spent very less time at Redbourne. Staff helpful and courteous. Rooms not the best-very stuffy in the heat, very basic bathrooms(and worst of all-made me miss a champions league game due to non-availability of channels in the TV). Wouldn't rate the location very highly either with a very shabby backdrop to the dining area and the room verandah.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank subhroneo
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed one night. Room adequate, leaking water on bathroom floor, and no soundproofing from adjoining room so could hear people coming and going and talking. Breakfast was not good. Having ordered bacon, sausage, egg and tomato, we got bacon and egg although the lovely young waitress quickly remedied that but sausages were different on each plate and I think mine were "off" and the poached egg was just mush. I hope they were just having a bad morning as it was not a good experience which was a shame because the front of house staff were very pleasant. This is same group as the Robberg which is definitely in a different league, but you gets what you pay for, though that does not excuse the bad breakfast experience, and I don't like making my own toast!! There are no views from rooms ours looked on to high bushes just beyond small deck which was not an inviting area to sit out. We were disappointed overall.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

A well managed perfect lodge ever in the eastern cape.really enjoyed the stay and I wish I could go back and just have a wonderful time there.I love the beach view and the food.the food was just something else that the taste cannot even get out of my mouth.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Shoedoo
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I visited the Redbourne Country Lodge on my way across the Garden Route, having just returned from Antarctica and making my way to Jo'Burg. Being Christmas Eve, I wanted a relaxing place away from the hustle. From the moment I arrived, I felt welcomed, their level of service reflective of the staff's experience with game lodges in the north. They started a fire by the pool and the staff and guests all relaxed and shared stories of travel and Africa. It was a wonderful stay. The rooms had a great reflection of design and thoughtfulness, again, mirroring the game lodge attention to detail.

The only (minor) issue I found, was that their internet connection does not reach the rooms, so any work that must get done needs to be at the main lodge.

The staff was great - thanks for making me feel welcome while traveling away from family for the holidays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

First off have to say this lodge is excellent quality. Great South African service. Room was nice. Proper large bed, shower, bath etc. Good breakfast and ticks all the boxes in this respect. However for us it was deathly dull. No bar after 8pm. Too far out of town for any action. Good place for golfing and old age pensioners. If you want some life, find someplace in town.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple