“What a view from 10 000 ft”
Review of Skydive Plett

Ranked #7 of 20 Tours in Plettenberg Bay
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“What a view from 10 000 ft”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

What an amazing experience. We met at the Plett airstrip, 6 people piled into a small plane and we ascended 10 000 ft. What a spectacular view of Plett. I jumped first (in tandem) which meant I sat at the door of the plane and got to see the breathtakingly beautiful view. What an experience ! I even received a certificate ! Another tick off my bucket list !

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Janine8729

Mumbai (Bombay), India
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Un-Reliable ”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I have not dived with them - but missed diving because of the mis- management
Story is I was booked for 15th May some 1.5 months before for me and my daughter (7 yrs) Was suppose to leave plett on 16th afternoon so I thought if weather does not support on day 1 the could try my luck the second day - however a day before was told cannot fly on 15th as he had some work and cannot fly me ??? Postponed the dive next day 9 am. This inspite of booking in advance - next day landed as promised and was told my daughter could not dive ? Till now I was told through written comm that she could ??? My daughter was completely heart broken - I know safety reasons needs to be priority but the same could have been clarified from day 1 ? And then the worst part - he could not take me alone in the plane he needs one more person for his complete load - asked me to wait for a group that was arriving - I waited and the. Was told that the wind is not supportive to fly ??
They could have very well taken me alone at 9.00 when the wind was fine but because of waiting for an hour for the group - I missed my chance to dive
So I advise all not to rely to much on this company for the logistics - don't know about their dive as missed my first ever one !!

3 Thank vedpu
New Delhi, India
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best Experience ever”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Sky dive at plettenberg bay made me feel alive more than ever. The perfect dive, awesomely experienced instructors, the ariel view, the adrenaline.... speechless!!! guys do it atleast 1ce and if youve done it before, do it again.

Visited December 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“OMG”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I will never be able to get my head around stepping out of an aircraft at 10 000 feet but my son, daughter and her fiance were up for this one so we took them through to Plett Airport.

I was expecting a lot of detail, lectures on what to do and not to do etc etc but it all turned out to be extremely uncomplicated and amazingly straightforward for something that is so scary.

All of the instructors have 100's and collectively, probably 1000's of jumps behind them so you are in good hands. Its professional, calm and friendly.

The 2 boys just loved the whole experience and will definitely go again, my daughter being the more intelligent of the 3, has been twice - it was her first and last time, she doesn't like not being in total control.

When you get into the small plane you can expect to fly for about 20 minutes before the jump. The view of Plett below is spectacular (video). You can expect to free fall for about 35 seconds and reach about 200 km / h before your instructor opens the chute where after judging from the video, things get a lot calmer and you can enjoy the scenery during the descent.

You need to allocate about 2 to 3 hours to do the jump as it gets busy. What amazed me was to the different people who are brave (or silly) enough to do this. When we were there, a whole family, including gran and grandpa jumped! Watching the 2 grand parents go up and jump left me feeling pretty inadequate! Respect!

Visited December 2013
George Town, Grand Cayman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great operation, very professional and all the guys make you feel as relaxed as you could be if you're about to jump out of an aircraft. This was my first skydive and won't be my last.

The view is incredible and definitely opt for the beach landing.

Visited October 2013