“Private 2 weeks Tour South Africa”

Gecko Transport and Tours - Day Tours
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We are a family from switzerland with 2 adults and 3 children (9,15, and 17 years old). I choose Gecko Tours because of the good recommendations at Trip advisor. Sharon, who is amazing, organised our whole tour, which was perfect from the first to the last minute. We stayed 2 nights in Cap Town, 1 night in Ooudtshoorn, 2 nights in Knysna,2 nights in Plettenberg Bay, 3 nights in Amakhala Game Reserve, and 4 nights in Grootbus (Hermanus). Every guesthouse was excellent and all activities were well adapted to our and our childrens expectations (from meerkat viewing to Bungee Jumping).
Our german speaking guide Irmela was the best guide, we ever had. She has a big knowledge, is enthusiastic and very flexible. After a memorable journey, we will come back for sure.
There is really nothing to complain about and we really highly recommend Gecko Tours.

2  Thank Bigmac11
tlozier, Public Relations Manager at Gecko Transport and Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Isay Family-
It was only a pleasure to help plan your trip to South Africa. Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor - it is so rewarding to have my team be recognised for their efforts. Irmela really enjoyed showing you and your family the best of South Africa, and watching the bungee jumping was a real bonus! AND we were only too pleased to award your family with a complimentary Segway Tour through the forest for helping us reach 2000 likes on our Facebook Page - that was a fun day for sure. We certainly hope to host you again in South Africa. All the very best, Sharon, Owner Gecko Tours.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

"We strive to create exceptional experience for you through Serving You with Service Excellence and Passion"

This is their motto and they certainly live by it

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Africa. It was our first time We felt safe and un compromised wherever we went. Besides regular police presence there are also public safety personnel everywhere we went ensuring tourist safety

We did the 5 day Garden Route with Gecko. Sharon the owner was amazing, she called us in Australia to get our personal details and her choices of guest houses was just perfect in every way. She went beyond the call of duty when we were in Plettenberg Bay, to book a great restaurant for dinner and even picked us up and dropped us back to the guesthouse, sacrificing an evening with her husband who had just returned from a trip away! That's what you call service excellence.

Then there was our guide Eugene. He was so much fun. He had a sense of humour, he was patient, with all our changing requests, and more over very knowledgeable in the route we were travelling, giving information much more than he should have I'm sure. That's what you call passion.

Would I recommend Gecko? ABSOLUTELY

Thanks Sharon & Eugene for a wonderful trip with wonderful memories.

tlozier, Public Relations Manager at Gecko Transport and Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Liesl-
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience touring South Africa with us! It was so lovely to meet you both - you make such a lovely, energetic couple, and you truly inspired me to travel during my golden years and enjoy life to the fullest!

I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your trip, had no worries during your stay in the Garden Route, and enjoyed the company of Eugene who is truly passionate about sharing his knowledge with our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to him!

Wishing you all the best, Sharon - Owner, Gecko Tours

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I want to thank Sharon for their assistance in the organization of the tourist route along the Garden Route, as well as a personal gratitude to Nelis - very polite, attentive, sensitive and professional guide and driver! I recommend everyone who is going to South Africa to visit the Garden Route - these people know about these places all, everywhere will be taken, will show everything, everything will talk and help in everything!

Thank you!

tlozier, Public Relations Manager at Gecko Transport and Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Ruslan-
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Gecko Tours - it was an absolute pleasure to host you and your Mother during your time in the Garden Route, and it's just wonderful to hear that our local knowledge made all the difference. I will be sure to share your feedback with Nelis as well, he is so passionate about sharing South Africa with our guests. Best regards, Sharon Louw.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

It was my first time visiting South Africa, together with my parents who are in their sixties. Sharon from Gecko Tour organised a five-night tour along Garden Route and safari for us. We had a wonderful time there. We went to Highgate Ostrich Farm, Cango Cave, Wild meerkat watching, two nights at Knysna and two days at a private safari lodge at East Cape. Every item on the tour was amazing and I am very happy that I took Sharon's advice to take part in the wild meerkat watching in the sunrise, which is unique and special.

Sharon was amazing. She responded every email I wrote promptly and organised all the transport, including journey back to Port Elizabeth (we flew from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town), pickup at Cape Town and the final send-off. Everything was very well organised.

Our tour guide was Eugene, who is extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. He cannot help it but keeping the dialog flowing, telling us everything he knows about South Africa.

The transport vehicle is a seven seater with perfect air conditioning and comfortable.

Gecko Tour definitely delivers. Shame that I did not use them for my stay and tours around Cape Town which Gecko Tour apparently also offers relevant services. Cannot wait to go back to South Africa, amazing country with amazing people.

tlozier, Public Relations Manager at Gecko Transport and Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Jia-
Thank you very much for sharing your travel experiences you had with Gecko Tours with others here on TripAdvisor. The fact that you mention our tours were well organised and enjoyable means a lot to us! We love reading that you enjoyed all the destinations and activities - especially my suggestion to see the Wild Meerkats at sunrise, an unexpected surprise! I'm so glad you enjoyed all of this without havng to think about any logistics, that you enjoyed your tour guide Eugene and all his knowledge of South Africa, and that you had a lot of fun! This is exactly what we hope for all of our guests.
Sincerely, Sharon Louw, Owner Gecko Tours

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were picked up at Port Elizabeth and went on a four day tour through the Garden Route and were then dropped in Cape Town. Our guide Eugene was friendly, knowledgeable, and a very good driver. He was also flexible in changing some of the initial plans which made things more enjoyable. We loved all the places that we visited and fell safe during our tour. Personalized attention and very clean vehicles.

tlozier, Public Relations Manager at Gecko Transport and Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Gabriela-
It was only our pleasure to tweak your itinerary to make sure that it was the best for you - we are so glad that you enjoyed your time in South Africa seeing some of our amazing wildlife with a driver you felt comfortable with. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to Eugene as well - Eugene is passionate about his tours, ensuring his clients are treated as VIP's. One can never be too careful when driving long distances and we do our best to ensure our guests are relaxed, safe and pampered at all times.
Best regards, Sharon Louw, Owner Gecko Tours