“expectations exceeded”

The Rod and Reel Restaurant and Pub
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant that has become a way of life, where quality, service and value are of utmost importance. Our dishes are prepared on order. So sit back, relax and enjoy your meal with us.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Excellent value for money. Great views. Great service from Chloe. If in Plett, and looking for a no frills restauarant this is the place to come to without hesitation.

RodandReelPlett, Owner at The Rod and Reel Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for joining us and for your wonderful review. As you may have been made aware of at the time of your visit, Rod and Reel is under new ownership and as the new owner I greatly value your rating towards us. We hope that we will see you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

One of the nicest out of the way eateries one could stumble upon. We often visit Plett on golfing tours and have found this lovely restaurant to have been consistent in their ability to offer a great dining experience at an affordable price, coupled with good service and great ambience. I would not hesitate to recommend the Rod & Reel Restaurant for a pleasant evening out.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

On the 24th of April I took my hubby to Rod and Reel for his 30th birthday as he wanted something quiet yet nice! We met up with friends at the bar beforehand and had some drinks, while we waited we took or sweet time putting in an order for drinks and never once did we feel rushed (not always the case so this was a pleasant surprise) after drinks we sat down and where greeted by our waiter right away.
After telling us the specials he gave us some time to look over the menu.We both ordered the Surf and Turf - hubby medium, me - medium well. Our steak was cooked to PERFECTION! I will go back time and time again for that amazing steak! There was zero sinew and just the right amount of fat on the steak! The Calamari was super soft and no chewy rubber in sight! The crumb on the calamari was also perfectly seasoned.
I enjoyed the veggies served on the side so I could dish up only those I wanted. The veggies and atmosphere on a quite night in Plett gave the whole meal a very "homey" feel and we both totally loved that!

1  Thank HerRoyalHickup
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hake was "fresh"- not like we normally get in Johannesburg.
Reasonably priced in a very nice setting.
Good menu, but when I am at the Sea, I eat fish.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Out of season Plett is quiet town.and many of the restaurants close at lunchtime. Saturdays are no exception, so there is probably a choice of just 4 good places to eat.. This is one of them, offering consistently good food at the most reasonable price. Set in a Timeshare development, from the outside deck you can see the beautiful Plett bay and mountains. The menu is varied, steak, fish, curries and.salads. The service was excellent and waiters most helpful. My last visit was three years ago and now under different management, the food is still as good, but the place is no longer Plett's first choice. It is still advisable to book, particularly in high season. A must visit,as you will not get better value anywhere else.

Ivan g