“Pleasant experience”

Ghillies Grill at Peroni Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Very upmarket lifestyle centre in the heart of plett with great views
Dordrecht South Africa
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We sat out on the patio as it was a pleasant evening and enjoyed ice cold draught Peroni while we waited for our meal which was fresh, seared tuna and excellent. Our waiter was friendly and helpful, perhaps the only disappointment was the really boring salad which accompanied our fish.

• Visited February 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

After an hour and a quarter raw chops arrived but proved inedible. Replacements were agreed but took another twenty minutes to arrive by which stage my appetite had disappeared.
If the management were to devote a tenth of the time to new customers as opposed to residents then I am confident a lot of the empty seats could be filled.

• Visited February 2014
Malaga, Spain
“Very pleasant evening and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was our 2nd choice of the evening, the first being closed. It was very busy when we arrived but a table was found for us. Our waiter was very pleasant and explained some of the dishes to us, my Husband wanted Chicken Curry and asked if it was mild could they spice it up for him, which they duly did and I wanted a pasta dish and asked him to pick one for me as I liked them all, he picked the seafood one, which was delicious. The only downside was the waiting for our food, it took a long time coming, but we weren't in any rush and when it did finally arrive it was excellent.

Visited January 2014
East London, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude Owner, Grumpy waiter, Slow service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We went to this restaurant with a group of 10 adults and 10 children. It all started off fine and they were generous to agree to split our bill according to our families which we know is a hassle - If they couldn't do it they should have just said No. The restaurant was very quiet.
From the outset the waiter was grumpy and rude. The food started arriving in family batches which is not ideal, but understandable. The first plates arrived after about an hour and 20 minutes. I waited for over 2 hours for my food which arrived about 30 minutes after my friends had finished eating! My Rump steak was like rubber and tasteless. My 12 year old son did not get his food after waiting for over two hours! Everyone else including the adults had finished eating. We had mentioned that he was waiting for his food at least 5 times during the wait. After challenging the owner on it and saying our son was falling asleep after waiting for 2 hours, his response was that it was not his fault our child was sleepy. He then started getting aggressive and shouting. He was very defensive and blamed our split bill on the over 2 hour wait. What a joke - the wimpy down the road does that everyday without a groan.After offering to comp the late calamari starter order we then found it on our bill. A simple "Sorry, we forgot your son's order" would have solved everything, but instead we got shouted at by the guy who we just spent over R2000 with. We will never be back! What a joke.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Derek B
Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape, South Africa
“Ghillies - good !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have dined at Ghillies on a number of occasions. I am a Plettenberg Bay local, and every time we go there I order the same meal....fillet steak. We never book a table, but are never disappointed. It is always divine. If the weather is good we can sit on the stoep, the service is good and the food is excellent. The last time we went there, the restaurant was full, and we managed to grab the last vacant table. Before ordering our meal, we discovered that we had both inadvertently left our wallets at home ; explaining this to the owner, he was more than happy to allow us to eat there, and trusted that we would pay him by EFT in the next day or two. This was such a relief to us, thank you to Ghillies! The food was great and the service was also good. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

• Visited January 2014