Stone Cottage
The Plettenberg Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
US$259
US$250
The Robberg Beach Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$591
US$141
US$131
Agoda.com
Lodge On The Bay(Plettenberg Bay)
US$283
Bayview Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
US$69
US$60
Agoda.com
Sky Villa Boutique Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
US$121
US$118
Plett River Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$73
  • Restaurant
Keurbooms River Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewshomemade rusksmain roadcomfy bedanniejacuzzidemiplett
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Although Stone Cottage goes as a backpackers, this is definitly not appliccable to the three suites! Beautiful and lovingly decorated (we stayed in Boetie Pierre), spacious,just a jump to the beach or the city centre, serviced daily +++++. We had the best time of our stay in South Afriva here.
This place has a very special charme,
Furthermore, if you love the deco there as much as we did, most of it is for sale, as the artist is staying in the main house. Just ask!Our suite had to go through a bit of redecorating as we took three pictures home.
THX girls, we had a exquisite time!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
AnnieLeRoux, Owner at Stone Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you Thank you THANK you for your kind words - about the House and the ART!! My life is filled with creative energy and I am soooo happy to be able to share with you - and with GERMANY!
Thank you for your visit! And let us know when you come through next time! I'll get VERY CREATIVE!
Much love and APPREICATION!
DANKE!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

"I think I fell in love with Stone Cottage before I even got there. Hearing about it's history, when it was built and the fact that it is still in the same family, it instantly held an old world appeal and beauty for me.

Some say sentiment is expensive, but in Stone Cottages case the past and its treasures are priceless. In this new digital world we live in, Stone Cottage is a rare glimpse into our past and life's simple beauties.

My expectations were well met and exceeded when I first walked through the drift wood front gate, into the indigenous garden full of succulents. I was met by welcoming smiles and a badly needed cup of tea after the long drive from Cape Town.

I instantly felt I was at home and a few days later, over a cup of coffee with Annie, coined the phrase "Home on the Road".

I was the first guest to stay in the new Oupa Jannie Backpackers, a stunning space. The dorm rooms are fresh, clean, crisp and white and I spent many restful nights (and lazy mornings) in my comfy timber bunk bed. My morning shower(which is now sorely missed) was always a highlight of my day, with a gas geyser(so its always hot!) and a large copper shower rose, aaahhhh. The newly extended bathroom area, built from timber and tin with drift wood fittings, was always clean with lots of fresh air and a sea view to brush my teeth to. The fully equipped kitchen was a pleasure to cook in and the dining/sun room a great place to enjoy a meal. Or if the weather is good there is always the outside deck with sweeping views from Robberg Peninsula(a must on your trip!) to the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains and the Tsisikama Range.

There is always something happening and changing at Stone Cottage,making it a positive, creative space. Its location is majestic and beautiful on a hill overlooking the sea and a 5 minute walk from the beach and Main Street in town, so its convenient too. It is on a main road though, so can get a bit noisy traffic wise, a small price in my opinion.

I truly enjoyed my stay at Stone Cottage and cant wait for my next road trip, so I can get back to my home on the road."

Room Tip: The back packers would be amazing to share with a couple of friends on a road trip. A bit of luxury along the way ; )
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Thank your for your thoughtful review! It is much appreciated - even months down the line! We hope to inspire and give to others as much as you were able to take from it!
There have been many guests in the Oupa JANNIE since you started the wave last year! SO THANK you for helping us to get kick started! And check out the FACEBOOK Page to see how things have changed!!!!!!
Hope to see you, your friends and family again soon!
MUCH LOOOOOOOVE And appreciation!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Based in a set of old stone cottages which have been wonderfully renovated to give you modern convenience in an antique setting. Our rooms were generously sized with kitchen area. They led out onto a deck with dining area and beach view. Modern Plett is kept at bay by a wall of plants, but restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance. Annie is lovely and contributes to the cosy atmosphere. Warning for children: there is no TV here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank julyan s
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I go to Plettenberg Bay 2 or 3 times a year and always stay here. Annie (the owner) is great, the location is superb and the rates are extremely reasonable. It's got a home away from home feeling, it's unpretentious, and if you want to arrange a dinner with friends, as i did last time, Annie is very accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed (and I have done my fair share of travelling). The owner is really nice with and the accommodation is quirky, unique and romantic. The views are outstanding and sunsets amazing. So nice, I even proposed to my girlfriend!

Room Tip: If the bigger room upstairs is available, it is definitely worth the money!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple