“home from home ...but much more exciting”
Review of Stone Cottage

Stone Cottage
Ranked #35 of 81 Plettenberg Bay B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“home from home ...but much more exciting”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

always warmest and friendliest welcome. Big tray of teas, coffee biscuits etc on arrival - enough for the whole holiday. Best view in the whole of Plettenberg Bay. Homely and clean and completely relaxed. Just a few seconds from the sea. Can't possibly imagine finding a better place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AnnieLeRoux, Owner at Stone Cottage, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
We give you the warmest of welcomes because we get the warmest reviews from you! Thank you for choosing to make our home - your home! And we warmly welcome you BACK!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Dear Stone Cottage,
Thank you for hosting us! We has such a spectacular time! For a pair on a travel budget - your offerings far surpass those of any other backpackers or suites in the whole of the Western Cape! I probably don't have to mention the beachfront view, the smell and feel of the seaside breeze and the sound of crashing waves at night - because those are all a bonus to the artistic and creative energy that courses through the wild plum covered, hillside home and the words of wisdoms that loom around all your corners (literally)! The appreciation for your historic family tale and is untouchable! I enjoyed every minute spent in your CLEANLINESS, your soft linens and towels, and your inspirational walls!! THANK you!

Room Tip: I would go for the Boetie Pierre any day!!! It costs a little more, but provides far more extra! Th...
Thank you DEAR GUEST!
We welcome you BACK to our sturdy walls any day!
Glucksburg, Germany
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Although Stone Cottage goes as a backpackers, this is definitly not appliccable to the three suites! Beautiful and lovingly decorated (we stayed in Boetie Pierre), spacious,just a jump to the beach or the city centre, serviced daily +++++. We had the best time of our stay in South Afriva here.
This place has a very special charme,
Furthermore, if you love the deco there as much as we did, most of it is for sale, as the artist is staying in the main house. Just ask!Our suite had to go through a bit of redecorating as we took three pictures home.
THX girls, we had a exquisite time!

AnnieLeRoux, Owner at Stone Cottage, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you Thank you THANK you for your kind words - about the House and the ART!! My life is filled with creative energy and I am soooo happy to be able to share with you - and with GERMANY!
Thank you for your visit! And let us know when you come through next time! I'll get VERY CREATIVE!
Much love and APPREICATION!
DANKE!
Reviewed 19 September 2012

"I think I fell in love with Stone Cottage before I even got there. Hearing about it's history, when it was built and the fact that it is still in the same family, it instantly held an old world appeal and beauty for me.

Some say sentiment is expensive, but in Stone Cottages case the past and its treasures are priceless. In this new digital world we live in, Stone Cottage is a rare glimpse into our past and life's simple beauties.

My expectations were well met and exceeded when I first walked through the drift wood front gate, into the indigenous garden full of succulents. I was met by welcoming smiles and a badly needed cup of tea after the long drive from Cape Town.

I instantly felt I was at home and a few days later, over a cup of coffee with Annie, coined the phrase "Home on the Road".

I was the first guest to stay in the new Oupa Jannie Backpackers, a stunning space. The dorm rooms are fresh, clean, crisp and white and I spent many restful nights (and lazy mornings) in my comfy timber bunk bed. My morning shower(which is now sorely missed) was always a highlight of my day, with a gas geyser(so its always hot!) and a large copper shower rose, aaahhhh. The newly extended bathroom area, built from timber and tin with drift wood fittings, was always clean with lots of fresh air and a sea view to brush my teeth to. The fully equipped kitchen was a pleasure to cook in and the dining/sun room a great place to enjoy a meal. Or if the weather is good there is always the outside deck with sweeping views from Robberg Peninsula(a must on your trip!) to the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains and the Tsisikama Range.

There is always something happening and changing at Stone Cottage,making it a positive, creative space. Its location is majestic and beautiful on a hill overlooking the sea and a 5 minute walk from the beach and Main Street in town, so its convenient too. It is on a main road though, so can get a bit noisy traffic wise, a small price in my opinion.

I truly enjoyed my stay at Stone Cottage and cant wait for my next road trip, so I can get back to my home on the road."

Room Tip: The back packers would be amazing to share with a couple of friends on a road trip. A bit of luxury...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
AnnieLeRoux, Owner at Stone Cottage, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank your for your thoughtful review! It is much appreciated - even months down the line! We hope to inspire and give to others as much as you were able to take from it!
There have been many guests in the Oupa JANNIE since you started the wave last year! SO THANK you for helping us to get kick started! And check out the FACEBOOK Page to see how things have changed!!!!!!
Hope to see you, your friends and family again soon!
MUCH LOOOOOOOVE And appreciation!
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Based in a set of old stone cottages which have been wonderfully renovated to give you modern convenience in an antique setting. Our rooms were generously sized with kitchen area. They led out onto a deck with dining area and beach view. Modern Plett is kept at bay by a wall of plants, but restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance. Annie is lovely and contributes to the cosy atmosphere. Warning for children: there is no TV here!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank julyan s
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I go to Plettenberg Bay 2 or 3 times a year and always stay here. Annie (the owner) is great, the location is superb and the rates are extremely reasonable. It's got a home away from home feeling, it's unpretentious, and if you want to arrange a dinner with friends, as i did last time, Annie is very accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed (and I have done my fair share of travelling). The owner is really nice with and the accommodation is quirky, unique and romantic. The views are outstanding and sunsets amazing. So nice, I even proposed to my girlfriend!

Room Tip: If the bigger room upstairs is available, it is definitely worth the money!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple