“A very special experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cornerway House

Cornerway House
Ranked #14 of 81 Plettenberg Bay B&B and Inns
Reading
“A very special experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at this guest house, when we were travelling around South Africa during May this year. The breakfasts were excellent, the accomodation was very good and the hosts very helpful. My first visit to South Africa and just a short stop over in Plettenburg, but very memorable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I think I know who wrote this review? However thank you so much. Dee and I are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us - Perhaps you might be back again??

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed for 3 nights with my daughter in August. Robyn and Dee are great hosts and Kathy their manager so very kind and helpful. The room was stylish and the lovely comfy beds with crisp white linen made for a great nights sleep. We loved the filter coffee and biscotti as well as eating breakfast in the open plan kitchen.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am so pleased that you both were so relaxed and comfortable here. I hope we see you again?
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Well - what can I Say? I can only echo Virginia's words! I have had the privilege of staying at Cornerway House once again this year. It indeed is my home away from home. A real blessing. The Atmosphere is very Special - dare I say unique. The Staff are exceptional. My holiday at Cornerway House is the Highlight of my year. An oasis in a Busy Life. An opportunity to sit and smell the Roses and appreciate The Gift of Peace and contemplation - indeed the gift of Life itself. I feel extraordinarily Honoured to be able to Stay at this Haven of Rest and Restoration. A real Paradise and a wonderful Base for visiting the local area

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ClairebloomLondon
pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
So lovely to have you every year and it is very pleasing receive such glowing review.
East London, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Huge Thank you to Robin and Cathy. We enjoyed our stay and so did our 2 little dogs. I can highly recommend Cornerway. Friendly, efficient and professional
Kind regards and again thank you
Michelle Bosman

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for this review. It was a delight to have you to stay along with your 4 leggeds. Hope we see you all again in the very near future.
London, Ohio, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Cornerway House really is a home from home. The care & attention I received there was exceptional- I felt safe ( important as a solo traveller) comfortable,well-fed & I did not want for anything; neither did I want to leave! From the moment I arrived I was in no doubt about how excellent my stay would be .A secure ,comfortable room with every facility and everything provided- comfy bed,squishy pillows,crisp sheets,flowers in the room and on the breakfast table.Eggs poached, fried or any way to perfection every day by the wonderful "Cornerway House " ladies,Rachel,Gloria & Phyllis.Robin,Dee & Kathy will make sure you are very well looked after and make your stay in Plett one of the bes

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Thank you for such a glowing review and mentioning our staff. It is a great encouragement for them.
Houston, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

We spent a couple of nights at this location and couldn't have been happier. The staff was very accommodating, the morning breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. Upon arrival we were asked what we would like to do around the area and were given suggestions of places to visit and places to eat. We were very happy with their suggestions.

My father was not feeling well on his way to Cornerway House. We called and asked if we could possibly check in early. The said ABSOLUTELY and made sure not only our parents room was ready but our room was also ready. It's little touches to details like this that were common during our stay at Cornerway House.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed your short stay with us and that we were able to be of help to you.
I hope your father has fully recovered?
Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Staying at Cornerway House is a bit like staying in someone’s own house. Robin, we didn’t see too much of Dee, was helpful without being intrusive, offering some very useful tips on what to see and where to eat. We thought his suggestion of the fish restaurant, Off-the Hook, excellent and enjoyed reasonably priced meals there for each of our nights in Plettenberg. Breakfast is served on the veranda overlooking the pool, which is large enough for a swim. We had the Veranda Room, a spacious room with plenty of storage and a large shower. Not that we felt at risk but it is worth noting that the safe is only large enough for essential documents and is too small for an iPad or laptop. The parking is secure and undercover. Our only grumble is that we would have preferred a change of towels during our four night stay. When we left the used ones on the floor as a sign for a change, they were just put back on the towel rail. We had a very relaxing time at Cornerway and were given full run of the facilities. Robin even offered the use of the kitchen if we wanted but a visit to Off-the Hook was our favoured option!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Thank you for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Constructive criticism is always welcome.