Cornerway House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lodge On The Bay(Plettenberg Bay)
Excellent 5/5
The Robberg Beach Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Beacon Island Resort(Plettenberg Bay)
Great 4.5/5
The Robberg Beach Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)
Good 3.5/5
    Bayview Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
    Good 3.5/5
    The Plettenberg Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
    Great 4.5/5
    Grand Africa Rooms(Plettenberg Bay)
    • Breakfast included
    Sky Villa Boutique Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
    Very Good 4/5
    Great 4.5/5
    Keurbooms River Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
    • Pool
    All reviewsb bbeautiful gardenguest househome from homenice poollovely roomhelpful hostsenjoyed our staypeaceful placethe main houseowners and staffwarm welcomestayed one nightdelicious breakfastwonderful stayrobberg beachswimming pool
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 December 2013

A calm, comfortable and very well appointed B&B with good facilities for a disabled guest (wheelchair accessible, spacious bathroom). Conveniently located relative to all the major sites and activities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we able to have all the facilities necessary for some one in a wheel chair. I hope we see you again some time.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

From booking through to confirmations, arriving and departure, everything was handled efficiently and professionally. Friendly and accommodating staff , especially Kathy who manages the guest house. I would definately visit again and reccommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    pelhamreid, Manager at Cornerway House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

So glad you had an enjoyable time and the girls got to taste the nightlife.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I are Americans and we enjoyed our three night stay at Cornerway House. The rooms have a selection of wonderful furniture and enjoyable art. The bathroom is beautiful with a four inch slab of wood for the counter where the bathroom sink sits. Also, beach towels are included with the regular towels. Also, there is a lot of closet space.

The owner opens up his living room and study to his guests and offers breakfast either outside or inside. The breakfast was tasty and the manager's restaurant recommendations were excellent. Their recommendations for daily activities were also excellent. The first day my wife and I enjoyed a long walk down the beach which took about three hours and the second day my wife and I hiked the Robberg Peninsula, which is a wonderful nature reserve with a seal colony and many wonderful sights of the ocean, the peninsula, birds, animals and vegetation. The vegetation found in this area is similar and often the same to that found in South California. They have eucalyptus trees, Bougainvillea flowering plants, agapanthus, ice plants, etc. The much of the look of the vegetation looks like the chaparral vegetation found in South California. The beaches look much like those found in Santa Barbara, California.

This place also has a small to mid-sized pool. The gardens at the Corner House are beautiful and well kept.

The Corner House is located in a wealthy neighborhood. Many people from Johannesburg have beach houses in Plettenberg Bay.

The Corner House appears to have a very good security system.

The owner is a former equestrian who enjoyed fox hunts. He grew up in England and moved to Plettenberg about ten years ago. He is friendly and takes the time to engage in a good conversation. Also, the manager does a good job. She even wrote me to be sure I put a review in tripadvisor.

After my wife and I left Cornerway House, the owner of Cornerway House received an important message about the declining health of my wife's aunt and he forwarded this message to our South African travel agent who then forwarded the note to my wife. While my wife was disappointed to learn of her aunt's declining health, she really appreciated that Cornerway House forwarded this message to her. As a result, my wife had a chance to relay a message to her aunt before her aunt died.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for this glowing review. I am so sorry you could not stay longer. It was great having you to stay.

Kindest regards.

Robin

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had a great stay at Cornerway House and I would definitely recommend. It wasn't my first choice for Plett (the places that I had wanted to stay - which were significantly more expensive - were already fully booked); but I'm really glad that we ended up stayed there.

We spent 3 night there - but could have stayed longer. The breakfast is the best that I had in the whole of my trip (staying in many other very good 5* B&B's), and the manager (Kathy) and host (Robin) were exceptional. They could not have done more to make us feel welcome - they booked reservations at restaurants, for the whale watching, and cat sanctuary (where we walked the cheetahs - amazing) and gave us a lot of personal recommendations for the area which were appreciated.

The communal areas are spotless and beautifully maintained - very homely - whilst the grounds outside are beautiful also. The only reason that I gave it 4 for the room was that it was slightly dated for my tastes. We like modern, minimalist, sleek B&Bs (for example Trevoyan in Cape Town and Plumwood Inn in Franschoek), and this is the very opposite, so whilst lovely - it was not to my personal preference.

We had an excellent stay overall however, and it would 100% be my first choice for a return visit to Plett which should indicate how trivial a point this is in the overall scheme of things and what a lovely place this is.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cottage room which was lovely as separate to the main building with it's own private entrance: great for privacy. Décor was a little dated, but bed very comfy. Would definitely recommend.
    • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
    pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your review. It is always helpful to receive objective comments. Next time we will put you in a more modern room

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and had 2 rooms - the Cottage and Sage rooms. The rooms are clean, well equipped and very comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay and Robin was very friendly and helpful with recommendations for restaurants and trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

We so enjoyed having you to stay and thank you for your very kind comments. I do hope we see you again sometime.