See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

After a wonderful ten day road trip to eastern cape this was going to be the last leg before heading home to Cape Town. We booked two nights at this guesthouse.
What a disaster the owner of this guesthouse was the most unpleasant person I have met in my life. She lives on the property and is always in your face. Uncompromising when requesting that she fix a broken fan. Sending the lady that cleans the room to communicate with us.
It was when she removed our washing without asking us that was the last straw. We demanded our money back. It was then she changed tack and became over friendly with us. We stayed on but will never go back to this dump. You basically living in someone's yard.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bradley D
EmitemCheryl, Owner at Emitem Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Firstly I would like to say that the fan was not broken when they moved into the room, I check everything before guests arrive. They were welcomed warmly by me as usual but I do not linger with the guests as I do not want to intrued in their privacy. When I was informed that the fan was broken, I went to examine it only to notice that they had broken off the speed button. As far as sending one of my ladies to talk to them, I was busy with other guests arriving at that time.
Finally there is a sign in the rooms that no washing is to be done or hung up as this degrades my Guest House. There is a laundry in town as well as a laundry at my establishment at a very reasonable rate of R25 a kilo.
I did everything to accommodate these guests and even offered them a refund.
I have never had such terrible ungrateful guests before and they are not welcome to come again.
Yours Kindly
Cheryl Rupping

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed over in Plett for a night,at Emitem. Booked accomodation an hour in advance,very quick response from owner. We were greeted on arrival by a warm,friendly and flexible host. Very informative on things to do along the garden route. Thanks again Cheryl :-)

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
EmitemCheryl, Owner at Emitem Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Thank you for your review.
It makes me feel good if people leave happy.
I hope to see you in the future

Thanks
Cheryl

Reviewed 13 January 2016

This Guest House is of very poor quality , my family an d I were shocked on arrival at this guest house which we had paid for 6 months in advance. we walked in and we walked out , we had to source alternative accommodation that was adequate and the owner refuses to compensate me and I have been fair in requesting at half of what was paid.

Room Tip: Dunes Resort Plettenburg Bay
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
EmitemCheryl, Manager at Emitem Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Thank you for your review.
You phone The owner Cheryl and told her that one of your familly member had passed away and therefore you had to cancel your booking because you have to get back to your family in Port Elizabeth. You can't cancel on the day of your arrival you must cancel before 7 days. After 7days you have to pay the full amount.

Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed just for one night.
Owner and children very friendly and very informative on the place
Room very basic but clean.
The lady that did our breakfast caws excellent.
Very caring nature- Her name was Denise.
Breakfast very homely.
Only suggestion is that bigger bath towels should be offered in the room.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Hope to see you again. We will supply bigger towels in the room thank you for share it with us we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

Stayed for three nights and enjoyed it tremendously. The owners were very attentive and helpful. The rom was clean and quiet and the breakfast really good. I'll highly recommend tog annons who want ro stan a few says in Plettenberg

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

We like it when our guest leaves happy. Hope to see you again soon