“Clean, great location and helpful staff an”

Kings Beach Backpackers
Kings Beach Backpackers
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Port Elizabeth
“Clean, great location and helpful staff an”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great stop off here, was in a perfect location to explore port elizabeth. The staff were welcoming, talkative and helpful. The place was clean with tea coffee and breakfast (toast) provided. Would recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Cape Town
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

For half of the rate for a single room compared to the B&Bs I have been staying at in PE before, its a very good deal. Of course a B&B gives another level of quality, which is expected for ensuite and double the rate, but for the money Kings Beach Backpackers is a very good deal. Was worried before I got there about the reviews which talked about cats and dogs, as I am allergic, but I talked to them before and true enough this was no issue at all. Clean sheets, clean public areas and bathrooms, extra towels in room, blankets for the cold in winter, spreads on toast and coffee in the morning, and very friendly staff that go out of their way to help and great to talk to; makes it a very good deal. Its also very centrally located in Humewood, making it close to the beachwalk and public transport. So make the grade a 4, but sniffing on a 5 according to the rate they take

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nomad_from_the_north
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had spoken with lovely Wendy on the phone, the owner, who unfortunately had the weekend off that I arrived. Unfortunately I caught David during what I assumed was his favorite TV show - first when I was considerate enough to call and say I was running late on the road (his response very disinterested and cold), and upon arrival he could not be bothered with showing me around other than vaguely pointing in one direction or another as to where the bathrooms and showers were - and after making sure he got my payment and quickly bringing me to my room, rushed back to his TV so as to not miss his program. Walking in and out over the weekend I was not particularly welcomed with open arms. Not saying I am Mr. Social or exceptionally outgoing but I do enjoy the odd conversation and friendly host who might be curious about me or my trip or willing to give a few tips. So I kind of got the creeps. But other than that the room was fine, bed comfortable, place secure, neighborhood good and central, and PE does have lovely beaches if you head out towards Recife and there is a really cool bohemian neighborhood that kind of reminds me of Melville in Johannesburg but tamer called Richmond Hill. As far as staying at Kings again - only if the lovely, friendly owner Wendy were there during my stay. If she were there I would have definitely given at least 4 stars.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank KincsZoltan
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked with lovely place not by recommendation but my a guy instinct and I was right!
Very cozy, friendly place and the staff especially are always ready to assist you with travel plans. Great wrap around front porch.
We stayed in a twin room, however, we had to walk to the bathroom which was outside and when it rained...not much fun.
The location is excellent and a relatively short drive to Addo Elephant park.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk outside to the loo, especially in the middle of the night I suggest th...