“Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!”

Georgiou Boutique Hotel & Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Georgiou Boutique Hotel & Spa offers the highest quality in comfort and luxury. You are welcome to enjoy opulence like none other
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! Be warned!!

I called the hotel numerous times before my arrival to make sure my reservation was in place. Spoke with Jean Paul who reassured me that everything was in place. I prepaid, they took the money right out my bank account so there would be no problems upon arrival.

We waited 30 minutes at the gate...the numbers they gave us to call just rang and rang. Finally someone picked up and they said the gate was broken. Once we were inside, the spa girl that opened the door was unsure of our booking and told us to wait for Jean Paul (who was said to be washing his face and cleaning himself - we were told this by the spa girl). Once Jean Paul arrived on the scene he escorted us to our TWO rooms. I was VERY specific about what I wanted, 3 rooms.

We left the hotel as they could NOT accommodate us! Jean Paul was unsure of how to refund our money so he signed a form saying he would refund the full amount.

I have emailed the owners (Philip & Yvette Georgiou), asking for my money back and shared what happened upon our arrival.

Yvette Georgiou has said she will NOT return my money stating that they were going to accommodate us (however, they were on vacation and Jean Paul was not able to contact her, so not sure how this was going to happen). Yvette actually said they were planning on moving people out of the honeymoon suite to accommodate us! Again, this did not happen.

It's terrible to treat customers like this, especially since I called numerous times before arrival (weeks before), to make sure everything was in place. Why would they move people out of a room at 3pm...if that was our room, shouldn't they be out already?

Clearly not organized. Steer clear of this hotel and the owners! Terrible!

Visited December 2012
23 Thank Lulu921

Port Elizabeth
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“very poor customer service”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have visited this spa 3 times in the last year.
Unbelievably, they kept me waiting in the foyer for at least 30 mins after my appointment time on ALL THREE OCCASIONS.
They also "lost" me on their computer system, put my booking down for the wrong day, and were generally completely out of their depth at the reception desk. On the first 2 occasions, I complained to management (who never seem to be on site), but clearly nothing changed.
The massages were good, I can't fault them there... but the overall impression was so bad that I won't go back.

Visited November 2011
10 Thank CaroMorgan
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Luxurious tranquility”
Reviewed 2 February 2011

The Georgiou Spa in Kragga Kamma is absolutely one of the most relaxing spas I've been to. The exterior and the grounds of the property (which is an addition to the boutique B & B in the main building) are clean cut and classic and the reception area, with it's HUGE feature mirror behind the desk, cool and calming. The staff who are the perfect combination of efficiency and friendliness, made my mum and my boyfriends mum - both of whom were having facials for the first time ever - very comfortable and relaxed. If you choose to have one of the complimentary beverages they offer you as you wait for your appointment, it arrives on a beautiful tray in the most exquisite crockery or glassware with tiny, delicious, sweet biscuits. A lovely touch.

You can opt for a double room if there are two of you having treatments so you can have them at the same time. My sis in law and I had ours after the mums had theirs (we were able to use the jacuzzi upstairs in the Honeymoon Suite while we waited - LUSH) and although we were not more than a metre apart I couldn't hear what her therapist was saying to her at all and I almost forgot we were in the same room. It was a fantastic facial - luxurious, relaxing and at the end there was a really noticeable glow to my skin and my puffy eyes were completely de-puffed, de-toxified and looking fab! Not always the case I find... Although we both had the signature Clarins facial each one was very different with the ladies focusing on our individual problem areas. The mums were instantly hooked and since that trip have booked/been for further treatments including eye brow shaping, eye lash tinting and waxing. I've also had a manicure and a friend's husband has had a deep tissue massage - both were exactly as they should.

A lovely experience and highly recommended.

Visited January 2011