“BAG STOLEN”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Port Elizabeth
East London
“BAG STOLEN”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

On the 25/1/2013 my handbag was stolen from this hotel in the breakfast area. The manager insisted I lost my bag. When I asked if they had surveillance cameras he said no. He was unsympathetic and said he would call the security company and police. When police arrived I made my statement and minutes later my bag was found on the freeway. My jewelllry was stolen. I would not recommend anyone to stay there. I was on business and our Department wil not make use of this group any longer.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
We are sorry to hear about this incident. However, please understand that it is difficult for hotels when someone comes into the commercial area - such as the breakfast area - with the intention of stealing an item. Thankfully, it does not happen very often at our holtels, but it does happen occasionally, usually carried out by people who are experienced at stealing items in public places. Our hotels try their best to limit this sort of happening, but it is difficult to stop it from ever taking place. Once again, please accept our apologies, but unfortunately this sort of theft is a reality in South Africa and in many other countries.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, very proffesional service.
The place is next to the beach, as you go down down the elevator you are overlooking the sea.
Very nice view from the breakfast lounge too as you seat and view the beach while enjoying your meals.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope to welcome you again soon.
Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed at the Town Lodge in Port Elizabeth for one night, as a stop over. We arrived close to midnight and were promptly booked in. The hotels lobby and pool area are stunning for a 2 star hotel. We payed around R700 a room per night, which is slightly cheaper than a city lodge, but if you're not going to stay in the hotel much, its perfect for family or business requirements.

The only things that aren't as nice as a city lodge are that the rooms are MUCH smaller, the Tv is smaller and that's about it. The bathrooms are equally spotless in comparison to a city lodge and the showers are actually bigger.

The only problem you may have is that the hotel is directly under the approach for the airport, so you frequently hear planes pass by with a huge roar.

There is also nice sea views in sea facing rooms.

Room Tip: Choose a sea facing room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kyle R
Somerset West, South Africa
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My first stay in one of this chain of hotels. My room was a small room but very adequate for my short stay, just two nights.
Excellent breakfasts, a very good bar service and friendly staff who really seem to enjoy their work. Perhaps it's PE, everyone there seems to be very friendly!
I and two friend saying at the same hotel, both from overseas and both were well pleased with the hotel.
Unfortunately it does not have a restaurant but there is a John Dory franchise next door.

Room Tip: There are very good parking facilities at the back of the hotel, where the entrance is. The front of...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you for staying at Town Lodge PE and for your comments about our hotel. You're right, PE is a friendly place ( it is known as the Friendly City), but we also like to think that our staff are friendly and welcoming at all of our hotels. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again soon at this hotel or one of our other hotels.
Rockingham, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Town Lodge for six days during the early part of September 2012 and I have nothing but praise for the operation of this hotel. The reception staff were always polite and obliging and nothing was too much trouble, they were always available for a chat and a laugh. The restaurant staff were also fantastic, empty plates were always promptly cleared away. The food at breakfast was good and accommodated all tastes whether it be a full breakfast or continental. Bianca was very helpful gave us some good advice.
Our room was always cleaned to perfection, good on you ladies.
The security staff outside looking after the vehicles in the car park were also very polite and quite happy to give advice when asked. Jack was particularly very good and friendly, he was always interested in what we had done that day.
The assistant manager was very charming and interesting to talk to.
I made my booking on line some months in advance and my check-in went very smooth.

In summary, we would definitely stay there again and I would recommend others to stay there. Full marks to the management for making our stay very pleasurable.
Adrian Lees - Perth Western Australia

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room, absolutely fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
bangkok, thailand
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The staff at Town Lodge found a special online deal and let us stay at a cheaper rate than would have been in person. The bar lounge stayed open late and had affordable food. Free internet, affordable, and right on the water!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Cape Town
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Good location on beach front. Comfortable, clean, well kept, fairly new. No baths, only showers, but thats not really an issue for me ! Good for business, or leisure travel, though doesnt have a spa, or any of that sort of thing - chiefly business orientated, but dont let that put you off it for leisure. Rooms are a little small, but comfortable, clean and well maintained.
No dinners or lunches, but breakfast is available, and good ! Recommended for business, or leisure, as a base to visit PE.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business